All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

Just a quick update:  Power Plant. is now level 19, so she's not quite at SB yet.  BUT we do have someone who plans to join us on a plant/kin tomorrow night.  I'm not sure if it's a new roll, though, so I am going to get her (Power Plant.) up to lvl 20 (and SB)--hopefully--before we meet up tomorrow night.  If our new /kin already has SB, yay!, I'll happily run Over Thyme from here on out.  If not, I'll run Power Plant. until he takes over the /kin duties.  😎

Also, I changed the title of the thread to reflect the fact that we are an actual group now, and hopefully more people will see it and join us!  

[Update:  Power Plant. got to lvl 20 and has SB, so she's good to go for tonight.  Yay!  I started the Faultline arcs to try to catch up to everyone and get Agent G, but it was sloooow going on only one planter, so I gave up when I dinged the magic level.  I'll start getting contacts again in Striga, so it's not a big deal (I just secretly wanted the merits and badge for completing all the Faultline arcs, but I decided I can live without it.).]

Edited by Tahliah
update

I am slowly working up a plant/storm troller--only 7 at the moment.  Is there a specific level to reach or do I just join in and get exemped up?  I love static groups, though, often times, they seem to peter out.  An SG devoted to it is cool.  If I can just join in then I will transfer my character over to Excelsior.

47 minutes ago, Stromaeyl said:

I am slowly working up a plant/storm troller--only 7 at the moment.  Is there a specific level to reach or do I just join in and get exemped up?  I love static groups, though, often times, they seem to peter out.  An SG devoted to it is cool.  If I can just join in then I will transfer my character over to Excelsior.

Absolutely you can join us at any level, so transfer on over!  We'll get you added to the SG and ready to roll with us in no time at all.  We roll tonight at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior, and we are currently in Faultline.  Hope to see you there!  

17 hours ago, Strawberry Haze said:

A global friend told me about this. Sounds fun! I'd love to have my plant/ma dom tag along sometime. 😄

Awesome! You're welcome to join anytime! It is still on Tuesdays starting at 9pm eastern. With the amount of people we have, we can actually split up into two teams and kick butt!

Our fourth all plant troller/dom team night was . . . a challenge.  We had eight planters last night, plus three more who will hopefully join us next week.  We got started welcoming two new planters to our team and to the Parks and Wreck sg: Cyber and Raine.  Yay!

Then we did the Agent G task force in Faultline.  Wait, you may be thinking, that's not a TF.  And  you're right, but last night it sure felt like one.  A grindy annoying one.  It's funny, I soloed this arc a while back on my main (an ice/ice blaster) and had a marvelous time breezing on through it.  Of course, she's fully-slotted and incarnate, so . . . .

Anyway, our plant troll/dom team is still in our 20's and with not much support for Arachnos, so it was a slog.  It took us about (over?) two hours to do that one arc.  We were blinded pretty much the whole time for a couple of the middle to near-end mishes, and with no Clear Mind or O2 Boost on the team, we quickly ran out of yellows and were hard pressed to keep making them since it's hard to get insp drops when nothing is dying because we can't see anything to "interrogate."  Sigh. 

But we soldiered on, and finally finished it up.  Ironically, and happily, the AVs (and in this arc there are many) were a breeze for an 8-man (and woman) team of plant dom and trolls.  

Those of us who did all the Faultline arcs were happy to get the 25 merits for the Agent G arc plus the 20 more for completing Faultline.  It made it feel worth it and made me smile happily (hopefully others were smiling, as well).

Here's a screenie of us wearily exiting the twenty-eleventh mish in this slogfest TF arc: 

1907609954_Allplantteam_191022.jpg.d65471d6f93d246330bfee403037cd21.jpg

Though some of us were more focused on trying to get the freaking arc finished, the team had some pun fun with the plant theme, and the one that stands out to me is the new cry for help:  "Kelp!"  Okay, I'm still giggling over that one. 

So, while we had hoped to breeze through this and get started on Striga last night, that didn't happen.  However, we are now finished with Faultline and ready to get started on Striga next week. I've already moved my /kin to start earning the Mortician Day Job badge in Striga since it's a convenient time to get that one.

If we have the same great turnout we had last night (or even more planters!), we will start out on two teams of at least four.  That way, it will be very easy to add to teams new people who might want to jump in after we get started.  If we do start running multiple teams, it's probably a good idea to mix them up each week so that we all get to meet and run with everyone at some point.  This will prove helpful in later content, particularly trials and TFs, where it will be easier to gel as a wrecking unit if we all know everyone's playstyle.

New Monthly (non-troll/dom) Plant Team

Our sg leader Irresponsible Creeper asked last night if there were interest in our sg running non-troll/dom plant-based ATs once a month, and many people seemed interested, so we are going to start doing that on the third Thursday of the month starting tomorrow!  I've already got my rad/plant blaster added to the sg and ready to go.  She is super fun to play, so I am very much looking forward to this.

If you missed the discussion, the idea is any AT with plant as a primary or secondary.*  So blasters with /plant, etc.  No level requirements.   Just add whatever toon you want to run to the sg using the /altinvite command or hang out and catch us this Thursday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  If you would like to join the sg and Thursday team but have no interest in our plant troll/dom team, you are more than welcome!  This is Irresponsible Creeper's baby, though, and not really on topic for this Controller forum, so I won't be writing it up each month, etc.  

*[Edit to add:  Okay, the ever-vigilant Irresponsible Creeper just pointed out something I missed. It doesn't have to be actually plant for primary or secondary, the idea is simply plant-related.  Here's the example he sent: 

Just needs to be plant related. I'm seriously fine with a gal called the lustful gardener with her Edward scissor hands scrapper. 

Heh.]

So, next week on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior, the all plant troll (and dom) team will start the four Striga arcs with Stephanie Peebles.  The plan is to finish all the arcs there, that way we not only get the bonus merits and the goodies (wedding band and warwolf whistle among them), but we also unlock Hess.  And have a planty, creepery fun time along the way!

Anyone wishing to join us can do so, regardless of level.  Just send a tell to me @Tahliah or to @StridingWindor just show up in Striga next Tuesday and send a tell to any planter you see in-zone.  We'll be happy to see you, and you will be very welcome.  🙂

Edited by Tahliah
addendum

22 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

Though some of us were more focused on trying to get the freaking arc finished, the team had some pun fun with the plant theme, and the one that stands out to me is the new cry for help:  "Kelp!"  Okay, I'm still giggling over that one. 

Kelp, that's a good one. Whoever made that joke must be one sly and handsome individual. Whoever he is...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StridingWind said:

Kelp, that's a good one. Whoever made that joke must be one sly and handsome individual. Whoever he is...

Bwahaha!  Some people don't like to be specifically named, so I wasn't sure whether to credit the sly and handsome genius who came up with "Kelp!".  Now I know.

Hey you guys!, it was our very own sly and handsome @StridingWindwho first said "Kelp!" 

That's going to catch on for sure; I know I, for one, will be using it.  (still giggling)

I rolled a Nature / Sonic Defender called Skreaming Tree for the Thu group. Avian protector of the forests ready to take down any who would dare defile Mother Nature.

Lvl 2 atm. Not sure if I should try to get more levels or not prior to tonight. Or is the plan to start low and work our way up?

25 minutes ago, Dark Current said:

I rolled a Nature / Sonic Defender called Skreaming Tree for the Thu group. Avian protector of the forests ready to take down any who would dare defile Mother Nature.

Lvl 2 atm. Not sure if I should try to get more levels or not prior to tonight. Or is the plan to start low and work our way up?

Nice! I decided to roll female dark/plant blaster. Scarlett O'Hara, a former damsel in distress, that gains the power of life and death. She becomes the hero known as Gone With The Wind.🤣

Had to come up with a concept other than farts and gas.

I kept mine at lvl 1 and shes in AP, ready to kick butt!

Edited by StridingWind

What are we planning to hit Thu... missions, DFB?  Haven't done much in the new KR so far.

Also, did we outlevel Striga with the plant control squad? I went in there today to get the first contact, but they're no longer showing for me. I'm lvl 27 and I think the zone cap is lower. If so, someone lower level is going to have to snag the missions for us. Otherwise, we'll need to move on to Croatoa or Talos or the Wards

11 hours ago, Dark Current said:

Also, did we outlevel Striga with the plant control squad? I went in there today to get the first contact, but they're no longer showing for me. I'm lvl 27 and I think the zone cap is lower. If so, someone lower level is going to have to snag the missions for us. Otherwise, we'll need to move on to Croatoa or Talos or the Wards

This had me concerned, so I logged on to see if I could still get missions from Stephanie Peebles, and I got it on both my /kin (lvl 24) and on my /time (lvl 25).  Termite and Irresponsible Creeper are both 25, too.  I'm not sure about everyone else as our levels range.  Also, Peebles is lvl 20-24 according to Paragon Wiki, so after the first mish complete for 25s, she may just give us a new contact or not speak to 25s at all.  I'm not sure, but I can do the first mish on Over Thyme to find out.*

In the meantime, I am planning to simply turn off xp on Power Plant. (lvl 24 /kin) for most of the first two arcs (both Peebles and Long Jack are 20-24), then turning it back on for the last two arcs (Lars and Tobias Hansen are 25-29).  That way we can do Striga, get the goodies, and unlock Hess. 

How does that sound to everyone?

*[Update:  Okay, I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight until I knew the answer, so I just ran the first Stephanie Peebles mish (a street hunt, kill 10 Council) on Over Thyme (lvl 25) and got the next mish in the arc, so I think that those who are lvl 25 will be fine in Striga in terms of getting the missions.]

Edited by Tahliah
update

15 hours ago, Dark Current said:

This toon is gorgeous!  People should join us on non-troll Thursdays just to see him and to see Gone With The Wind (super creative costuming by @StridingWindthat turned out amazing).

• Like 1

Hi!  Termite here.  I was also curious about our ability to do Striga Island at 25, so I ran over there, did the "Defeat 10 Council" mission for Stephanie Peebles, and then she gave me the first "official" mission in her story arc, "Defeat Tommy One Eye", so we're good to go on Tuesday. 

Incidently, I did this story arc yesterday on my Gravity/FF Controller, and there are a lot of Defeat Alls to do.  One that isn't, though, is where you have to save Dr. Francois in the cargo ship.  If we run into time issues like we did with Agent G last week, we can simply run to the last room in the ship, kill 5 guards standing around Dr. Francois, and we're done on that particular mission.  (Gravity/FF solo is very safe, but VERY slow! haha)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Hi!  Termite here.  I was also curious about our ability to do Striga Island at 25, so I ran over there, did the "Defeat 10 Council" mission for Stephanie Peebles, and then she gave me the first "official" mission in her story arc, "Defeat Tommy One Eye", so we're good to go on Tuesday. 

Heyas Termite and all!  I was curious about this, so we decided to run the Peebles arc to see what happens when a toon hits 26.  A few of the Parks and Wreck crew happened to be on, so we had a great time running the first part of her (very long) arc.   I was the only one running a Tuesday planter, Over Thyme, for this experiment.  She was 25 (now 26), and I'm not running her on Tuesday because I'll be on my /kin.

Everything was going great until I dinged 26, then Peebles gave me Tobias Hansen for a contact (not Long Jack).  Long Jack, when I clicked on him, also sent me to Tobias.  I am still getting Peebles missions, however, so I will be able to finish her arc on Over Thyme.  This is probably fine for many, but I wanted to mention it since we have quite a few toons that are 25, including Termite, Irresponsible Creeper, and Haze

It won't affect anyone else since I'll have xp turned off on Power Plant. (level 24) and will be able to get the missions for the team.  If you also want to ensure you get the missions, including those from Long Jack, you may choose to turn off your xp, too, until we get to Tobias (the third Striga contact) because he and Lars, the fourth and final contact before Hess, are lvl 25-29). 

I think, but am not positive, that you can finish an arc that you start even if you subsequently outlevel the contact.  If this is so, then we can turn xp back on after we start Long Jack's arc.  I do not know if he will give missions to a toon who is 25, but it seems likely that he will since Peebles did.  I have no way to confirm this, though. 

Earning or not earning xp, including double xp and etc., is completely up to individual planters, of course, but I just wanted to point this out for anyone interested.  At some point before Tuesday I hope to finish up Peebles' arc so that I can verify that I cannot get a mish from Long Jack (it seems highly unlikely given that she gave me Tobias already, who is usually unlocked by Jack).

On that note, it's a long arc.  We likely won't finish it on Tuesday.  Just a heads up.  😎

Our fifth all plant troller/dom team was amazing fun and the time flew by as we strangled, creepered, buffed, and debuffed our way through Stephanie Peebles' arc in Striga.  We really sped through it and had a blast doing so, but as she gives out the missions out of order it became a bit repetitive toward the end of the night as we redid missions to ensure that everyone who wanted to was able to finish the arc (i.e. get the wedding band temp power and earn the 25 merits).  We succeeded, of course, but in future, we may want to rethink grinding out arcs that are given out of order to members of the same team. And we may not.  Heh.

We had a total of eight planters show up, but only seven on the team at one time as one left "early" and one joined us "late" (we start at 9 p.m. EST, but have no set end time and anyone can join if they are running later than 9--unless we are in a TF, for obvious reasons).

It was our first plant night with @Strawberry Hazeand it felt like she has been with us all along.  Between her dom abilities helping out our resident dom Spring Fury and some extra end and recharge help from Speed Boost and all the glorious planty and secondary goodness from seven plant trolls and doms, we just melted through missions and had amazing fun along the way.  

After we ratcheted up the difficulty a bit, I (on a /kin) and @StridingWind(on a /dark) had trouble with reliable hits on our heals, so I started just spamming mine since I couldn't rely on it to serve as a last minute "save" for a planter in need of Kelp!  Then Termite was amazing with his /nature abilities, I particularly love his mini oasis drops for the team.  When we plant a few Spirit Trees on it, it really looks gorgeous, to say nothing of the fact that the combination provides marvelous heal/hp buffs for the whole team. 

One creative planter said that it would be fun to color our creepers so that they could be easily distinguished from others, so we all declared our choices and think it will be fun to see a crazy mass of multi-colored creepers doing their creepery thing.

One intrepid planter pointed out how nice it is not to have to worry about aggro on an all plant team, and it really is a different sort of team in that (and maybe in every) sense.  And it's amazing fun!  All vines and creepers and auras galore, lots of mushrooms, too, lol.

The people who were going to join us last week were unable to make it this week, but we hope to see them in the coming weeks!  They are already in an active sg and won't be joining Parks and Wreck since they play their planters for their sg activities, so for ease of communication with them and with our Parks and Wreck sg-mates when they aren't currently running a planter, I set up a chat channel:  Parks and Wreck 

This chat channel is open to anyone who wishes to join us in our planty, parksy, wrecky adventures, so if you are interested in running with the all-plant troll (and dom) group on Tuesdays or with the plant-related themed toons on the third Thursday of each month, just /chanjoin and let us know! 

One of our members mentioned when we met on Thursday something about new rolls that headed to Kings Row instead of the Hollows, and that sounds fun to me since I've not done much Kings Row since first getting back (and kind of burning myself on it for a short time due to over-enthusiasm at being back and a severe case of altitis, heh).  I love doing the game's regular content, so I'm up for rolling new plant trolls/doms and hitting content we missed this time around, including KR.  Anyway, that's something we can think about doing on new planters at some future point (or perhaps for some other Parks and Wreck team fun that's not plant trolls/doms). 

Anyone wishing to join us on their plant troll (or dom) can do so on any Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  Any level and secondary is welcome, and we have a great crew.  Everyone is amazing fun and super nice/easy to team with.  Next week, we will be starting out in Striga with Long Jack's arc. His arc, I seem to recall, is given to all team members in the same order, so we should blast through to the third Striga contact, Tobias Hansen, next week. 

Edited by Tahliah
typos

I've really been meaning to give plant control a go.  I work until after midnight, though - do you folks find that there are still people playing at that time, (or later)?  Besides having plant control, are there any other things/powers I should consider, and is there still room for more?  Thanks!

What Creeper colors did people pick? I remember someone mentioning purple to mess with Haze, but that was all I caught. I was too busy button mashing Council all night.

Oh, and don't know if someone has a bunch of damage procs in their Roots or if it was the cumulative hits, but the groups I was fighting seemed to melt a few seconds after diving in and it seemed to coincide with the Roots sound effect.

I'm at a stage (31) where I'll be adding more AoE to my attacks so we should be able to shred things even more soon.

One note is that I think I'm planning to grab Mu patron. But I'll have to go redside to get that done. Any plans for patron arc unlock as a team or should I make arrangements outside of SG?

2 hours ago, biostem said:

I've really been meaning to give plant control a go.  I work until after midnight, though - do you folks find that there are still people playing at that time, (or later)?  Besides having plant control, are there any other things/powers I should consider, and is there still room for more?  Thanks!

We do and will always have room for more!  I'm not sure what time zone you are in, but "after midnight" sounds a bit later than we are running.  That said, please do reach out to any of us, and we will be happy to add you to the Parks and Wreck sg.  Many of us have toons we want to play but don't yet have a set sg activity for, or you can just join us in other stuff we're doing via the Parks and Wreck chat channel (we like to badge, do TF's, and etc.).  Heck, I have a couple planters who are just chilling in the sg right now: Meadow Creeper at lvl 2 is plant/nature and Over Thyme at lvl 26 is plant/time.  And I've spied a couple of alts that our crew has added to the sg but haven't got a chance to level.  In other words, there are signs of life beyond this original plant troll (and dom) team, and you and anyone else interested is more than welcome.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dark Current said:

What Creeper colors did people pick? I remember someone mentioning purple to mess with Haze, but that was all I caught. I was too busy button mashing Council all night.

Oh, and don't know if someone has a bunch of damage procs in their Roots or if it was the cumulative hits, but the groups I was fighting seemed to melt a few seconds after diving in and it seemed to coincide with the Roots sound effect.

I'm at a stage (31) where I'll be adding more AoE to my attacks so we should be able to shred things even more soon.

One note is that I think I'm planning to grab Mu patron. But I'll have to go redside to get that done. Any plans for patron arc unlock as a team or should I make arrangements outside of SG?

Ha, I don't remember the colors at all!  But they didn't overlap, and I think that was the point.  We all have different colors running now, so I'm guessing they'll follow that same pattern except for "special" creeper colors.

I'm not sure how people are slotting their holds/immobs, but I, for one, am slotting for damage.  On an all plant troll team, the last thing I worry about is slotting for immob or hold. LOL

I so think we need to do Patron arcs as a team.  Can't you just see the planty, wrecky goodness?!  Weee!  Besides, we will all want patron powers unlocked, so it's a good plan.  That said, if you want to run it before we get to that point, go for it.  If you want back up, just hit me up.