All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

1 hour ago, krj12 said:

Just curious if this is solely for plants, or could I bring my Nature Affinity defender on some of these runs?   🙂

Heh, so I'm guessing you have Yin on Neverglade?  If we have room, you are MORE than welcome.  Always.  :)

Our fourteenth all Plant Troll (and Dom!) team night was an absolute blast from beginning to end.  We had a total of ten amazing planters show up, though two new members of the Parks and Wreck crew arrived after we had already started the Penelope Yin tf, but we were able to team with them after that amazing run.

We started the night with a full team of eight plant trolls and doms and absolutely wrecked the Yin tf.  We had so much fun with our planty greatness; there were vines and creepers and buffs and debuffs and mushrooms galore.  It was gorgeous, and we just rolled through the whole tf like a well-oiled (watered?) machine (well, an organic "machine," naturally).

It was on like Donkey Kong, and we were so in sync that a couple of planters marveled at how much fun we were having and how well we were all working together.  It really was a bit magical.  And completely awesome good fun!

Here we are being fabulous:

1908170861_PlanttrollsYinscreenshot_200114.jpg.7c533308d86c8504c46c9b76e579ef87.jpg

And here is our post-Yin glow group shot.  If we look a little pleased with ourselves . . . well, we were!  Heh.

1578732963_PlantteamafterYinTF_20_1_14.jpg.d950167d3516320b35cfa0ce5c7da53a.jpg

That was one awesome all plant troll and dom team, let me tell you! 

So after we completed that tf (it's super short, so it didn't take long even though we managed to kill pretty much anything and everything that moved), a couple of gracious planters headed out to make room for our new Parks and Wreck crew members.  And did they bring it! 

We headed to Founder's Falls for some radios and the bank mission, and again, we vined and creepered and wrecked our way through everything that came at us.  It seemed that we fought a wide variety of COH baddies at one time or another last night:  Freaks, Council, Fifth Column, Clocks, Nemesis, Carnies, oh my! And they all fell before our freakishly awesome planty wrath.

I have to say, too, that I got a huge kick out of seeing a gaggle (a "bunch"?) of flytraps scurrying along on their little stems, bobbing their fearsome giant heads and twitching their baddie-gobbling mouths.  Okay, sure, there were some points at which we had to get creative in getting past them as they crowded a doorway or two, but we were so on our game, that we just zoomed around and found another way out (or in, as the case may be). 

I also want to point out that we have a YouTube celebrity in our sg.  I kid you not!  Two of our newest Parks and Wreckers actually joined our sg and ran with us last night because they had seen our very own Termite (aka @Gregg247) talking about our super group and his awesome plant/nature troll on YouTube.  How. Cool. Is. That.?  Of course, as soon as we concluded the night, I had to go find the vids myself, and there he was reviewing his planter and showing off his fabulous powers, including, it must be said, an amazing voice that is perfect for narrating videos or pretty much anything.  I'll let him share his YouTube identity if he wishes, but it was so fun to learn that Termite has fans (other than his Parks and Wreck sg mates, who were already his fans, let's face it). 

Okay, so we are now halfway to our Task Force Commander accolade.  Three down, three to go!

Next week, we will tackle Citadel, so if you are thinking of joining us, please do!  The minimum level for Cit is 25, so that is something to consider if you need to grab a few levels between now and then.  We will meet in Talos on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.

If you are interested in joining us on our ongoing plant troll (and dom!) gardening adventures, do it!  You can just show up next week and shout out in Talos that you are there and want in, you can join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and let anyone there know you want to join the sg or the weekly fun, or send an ingame (or forum message) to me @Tahliahor to our Parks and Wreck sg leader Irresponsible Creeper @GreenAx.  It's really that easy, and we are very welcoming, so don't be shy!  Grab or roll your plant troll (or dom) and come join the fun!

Edited by Tahliah
typo
  • Like 2

^^^Thanks Tahliah!  That was a really fun team last night; we rolled through pretty much everything in our path (with the exception of some nasty Nemesis in our final bank mission).  At one point, Termite jumped into a patch of Carrion Creepers and they were so thick, I actually lost sight of him in there! lol

You can find my videos at Gregg29407 on YouTube.  They're made for casual players who are interested in how certain character sets work together and maybe need a few tips in terms of power picks and slotting.  I hope they're helpful!

• Like 1

I'm another fan of Termite and had to make a plant/nature troller too.  Meet Good Seed.  I'm so used to playing blasters that it's  a bit of a learning curve to get the hang of her,  but you planties look like you're having so much fun I just had to make one too.  If you see her please invite her to the sg.  She just dinged 30 and I'm dying to get to 32 so she can get her own Fly Trap.  

• Like 2

Hey sorry about Cloud Song's sudden disappearance last night,  Was having a lot of fun when my 2yr old decided to wander out and join me on my lap,  All was fine for a few wiggly moments until he messed with the keyboard.  Next thing I know I could hardly type anything or control my movement.  Somehow he managed to alter the input/swap the keys of my normal movement keys with my arrow keys I think.  Anyway it was a simple fix once I figured out what was going on (unplug/replug the USB connection of the keyboard) but afraid it took a few to figure it out after a few frustrating moments typing seeming nonsense in chat.

Hopefully I can hook up again in the near future.

8 hours ago, Antarticaa said:

I'm another fan of Termite and had to make a plant/nature troller too.  Meet Good Seed.  I'm so used to playing blasters that it's  a bit of a learning curve to get the hang of her,  but you planties look like you're having so much fun I just had to make one too.  If you see her please invite her to the sg.  She just dinged 30 and I'm dying to get to 32 so she can get her own Fly Trap.  

That's wonderful, Antarticaa.  We'll look for you on Tuesday!  Welcome. 🙂

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Hey sorry about Cloud Song's sudden disappearance last night,  Was having a lot of fun when my 2yr old decided to wander out and join me on my lap,  All was fine for a few wiggly moments until he messed with the keyboard.  Next thing I know I could hardly type anything or control my movement.  Somehow he managed to alter the input/swap the keys of my normal movement keys with my arrow keys I think.  Anyway it was a simple fix once I figured out what was going on (unplug/replug the USB connection of the keyboard) but afraid it took a few to figure it out after a few frustrating moments typing seeming nonsense in chat.

Hopefully I can hook up again in the near future.

No worries, Doomguide!  We only ran one more mish before we had to log for the night.  It was great to run with you, and I'm glad you had fun.  I did, too!  

On 1/15/2020 at 10:03 PM, Gregg247 said:

^^^Thanks Tahliah!  That was a really fun team last night; we rolled through pretty much everything in our path (with the exception of some nasty Nemesis in our final bank mission).  At one point, Termite jumped into a patch of Carrion Creepers and they were so thick, I actually lost sight of him in there! lol

You can find my videos at Gregg29407 on YouTube.  They're made for casual players who are interested in how certain character sets work together and maybe need a few tips in terms of power picks and slotting.  I hope they're helpful!

Since that first night, I have had a chance to watch a few more of your vids, and i think they are completely awesome.  I thoroughly enjoyed, specifically, your vid of the BAF.  I did not know that we could just leap over the wall instead of going through that door (I play on a laptop, so that zone loading is ugh), and I love the way your BAF leader ran the escaped prisoners part.  I get so frustrated with the "two take a door" thing.  That worked great.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Antarticaa said:

So we might not just happen to see you, but you are SO welcome with us.  Send a tell to me @Tahliah or to @GreenAx, and we will get you in the sg.  Or just  show up in Talos tomorrow (Tuesday) at 9 p.m. EST.  We'll be the planters crowding around Citadel near the train station.  

I had a Plant/Storm on Live. When Nature's Affinity came out, I wanted to try that combo, but never got around to it before "sunset" hit. Now that we are back, I recreated the character with Plant/Nature's Affinity. Great combo. This weekend, I "Tanked" the Citadel TF with this character with my SG (all 4 of us). I was lvl 36 (exempted down to TF). It's just that good of a combo! The Council and Vandal didn't stand a chance.

Edited by Achilles6
  • Like 1

Thanks for letting me join the team tonight with my Nature defender, Flora Frost.  Had a great time running the TF with Irresponsible Creeper,  Power Plant,  Smilax,  Growll,  Termite, Neo Orb, and Fiona Flora.   We all had a grand time beating up many, many, many, many, Council.  :)

A few screen shots:

screenshot_200121-22-06-48.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-14-11.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-22-40.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-27-38.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-27-39.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-27-55.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-28-42.jpg

screenshot_200121-22-33-53.jpg

Edited by krj12
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 11:05 AM, Antarticaa said:

I havent been able to stop playing Good Seed.  What an addictive plant she is!  Cant wait to see y'all and join the sg if possible

I'm so happy we found each other last night and you were able to join our sg!  It's great to have you on our awesome plant wrecking crew!  :)

On 1/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, Achilles6 said:

I had a Plant/Storm on Live. When Nature's Affinity came out, I wanted to try that combo, but never got around to it before "sunset" hit. Now that we are back, I recreated the character with Plant/Nature's Affinity. Great combo. This weekend, I "Tanked" the Citadel TF with this character with my SG (all 4 of us). I was lvl 36 (exempted down to TF). It's just that good of a combo! The Council and Vandal didn't stand a chance.

That sounds like a lot of fun!  We had a blast on Citadel, too, and you're right, we mowed down Council, and I almost felt sorry for poor ol' Vandal.  Almost.  Heh.

If you ever want to join us on our plant night festivities, please feel free and welcome.  We meet on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior server.  You can also join our Parks and Wreck chat channel, it's not very chatty, but we do occasionally use it to fill tfs or the like on days other than Troll Tuesday.  🙂 

15 hours ago, krj12 said:

Thanks for letting me join the team tonight with my Nature defender, Flora Frost.  Had a great time running the TF with Irresponsible Creeper,  Power Plant,  Smilax,  Growll,  Termite, Neo Orb, and Fiona Flora.   We all had a grand time beating up many, many, many, many, Council.  🙂

Awesome ,thanks for the recap, @krj12!  You do in few words and awesome screenshots what I take forever to do each week.  Nice!

So we did indeed have a blast on the Cit tf, and we zoomed through it in about an hour.  I think the timer thing was at an hour and a minute, but in my excitement, I clicked it closed too fast to be sure.

So next week, we will be doing the next task force on our way to our Task Force Commander accolade:  Manticore.  This tf requires a minimum level of 30. 

We will meet on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior in Brickstown.  The following week we will finish up our TFC goal with Numina (lvl 35+). 

Once these are finished, we will do content that every planter of any level can join, and we have been so happy to have so many new people join since we set our TFC schedule. 

In fact, there are quite a lot of planters who are not yet lvl 30, but there is no need to sit out the next two plant nights!  Go ahead and log on with your planter next Tuesday night, no matter your level.  There should be plenty of your fellow Parks and Wreck sg mates to run a plant team for mission arcs, radios, tips, a lower level tf, or whatever sounds like planty fun! 

10 minutes ago, vibal said:

Thanks for the teaming and SG invite - I was playing Fiona Flora. Had a blast! Chaos level is bananas.

I love the chaos, too!  It's part of what makes all plant trolls/doms teams so much fun.  It was great to run with you last night, and I can't wait to run Manti next week, too.  Woots!

1 hour ago, Tahliah said:

That sounds like a lot of fun!  We had a blast on Citadel, too, and you're right, we mowed down Council, and I almost felt sorry for poor ol' Vandal.  Almost.  Heh.

If you ever want to join us on our plant night festivities, please feel free and welcome.  We meet on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior server.  You can also join our Parks and Wreck chat channel, it's not very chatty, but we do occasionally use it to fill tfs or the like on days other than Troll Tuesday.  🙂 

I may take you up on that offer. Sounds like a lot of fun. "lil Fey" is my Plant/Nature.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Achilles6 said:

I may take you up on that offer. Sounds like a lot of fun. "lil Fey" is my Plant/Nature.

Awesome!  And love that name, too.  Not sure if you can put her in the sg or not since you mentioned you are running her with your sg, but if not, no worries, just join the Parks and Wreck chat channel to communicate with and be part of our crew.  :)  Or you can just show up in Bricks on Tuesday, we'll be meeting at Manti for the tf fun!  

I am wayyyyy late to this party, but just had to chime in, because I love your spirit and enthusiasm for this.  In my experience (I'm very old), MMOs are all about people.  I'm happy to play any kind of character, if I'm doing it with people that are awesome, and that I'm having fun with.  This seems to fit that bill 100%.  I just rolled a plant/dark troller named Dr Forest Floor, you can contact me @Ultrazen for the global.  Not sure how much I'm going to be around the next couple of months as I have a lot going on, but will try to get leveling etc!

Thank you for this, threads and communities like this, are why I found MMOs so engaging way back when, and ever since.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ultrazen said:

I am wayyyyy late to this party, but just had to chime in, because I love your spirit and enthusiasm for this.  In my experience (I'm very old), MMOs are all about people.  I'm happy to play any kind of character, if I'm doing it with people that are awesome, and that I'm having fun with.  This seems to fit that bill 100%.  I just rolled a plant/dark troller named Dr Forest Floor, you can contact me @Ultrazen for the global.  Not sure how much I'm going to be around the next couple of months as I have a lot going on, but will try to get leveling etc!

Thank you for this, threads and communities like this, are why I found MMOs so engaging way back when, and ever since.

You're never too late to the all plant troll (and dom) party!  We have a great crew and are having a complete blast running our planters and enjoying great company as we go.  This is a fun group and we are focused on casual fun and awesome plant wreckage, so if that is your preference, you'll be very welcome with us.  🙂 We just meet up each week, have a marvelous time bantering and wrecking baddies, and occasionally form impromptu plant teams if there are enough of us on and available.  

We are seeing a surge in new planters joining our crew (yay!), so there is every possibility that we may run a second night each week for those who are just starting out.  Those of us who have been with the group since day one are in our 40s now and very eager to hit the big 5-0 and become incarnate godlets!  So we're definitely not abandoning our carefully tended plant trolls/doms and their set Tuesdays, but there's no rule that says we can meet only on Tuesdays.  I have poor old abandoned Over Thyme who is just gathering weeds at this point, plus a couple of lvl 2s parked in the sg, as do many of us.  Who knows? We may find a time to bring them out for their chance at plantie glory!

If you might not be able to actually join in for a couple months (I certainly understand when RL takes over!), no worries.  Just join our Parks and Wreck chat channel or send a tell to me @Tahliahor to our irrepressible Parks and Wreck sg leader Irresponsible Creeper @GreenAx.  We'll get your planter in the sg and even give you a tour of the base!  Creeper recently added a maze that is tons of fun, though I do tend to prefer swimming with sharks and dancing at the beach party.  Heh.

48 minutes ago, krj12 said:

I wonder what an all plant BAF would look like?  🙂

Me three!  Well, get your recruiting game on and let's get up to 24 planters so we can find out!  My guess?  We'll rock the heck out of it, including getting the ever-elusive Gotta Keep 'Em Separated badge.