All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

Confession time.  I have had so much fun with my plant/nature troller that I've worked on nothing else.   An old sg mate who has my log in info thought he was helping me and got me levels 25-32  Not solicited but by then I decided to go gung ho and ran her like mad, getting to 50 the proper way.  Then I spent two days converting enh to rewards and getting recipes, making enh, transferring to Good Seed, the works.  Not what I had planned because originally I wanted to level her up slowly.  Then I got hooked on how much fun I was having and I guess that was the point really.

I hope that wont disqualify her for TF Tuesday.  Been looking forward to it since I misread the time for last week's TF.  An all plant BAF would be awesome.  Wonder if someone would at least let us fend an all plant team on a BAF.  

I think the reason I went nuts on Good Seed is that I'm going to have a reverse shoulder implant on Feb. 24 and will be out of game for awhile recovering.  I broke my shoulder Aug.22.  After it didn't heal correctly they finally did a CAT scan in Oct. and found out I shredded the rotator cuff as well.  I was going to have the surgery at the beginning of the month but I wound up with two abscesses from a broken tooth from the car wreck I was in.  Bad luck is that all the local dentists were closed over the Christmas holidays but the teeth were removed a couple of weeks ago and healing well.  Surgeon has rescheduled so that's good. but dealing with a painful, useless arm is challenging, lol.  Top it off with a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and the 4th of 5 surgeries left me with  7 rods and screws in my neck that causes a lot of pain.  I definitely a WRECK.  Not down about this, just determined to regrow!              

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Antarticaa said:

I hope that wont disqualify her for TF Tuesday.  Been looking forward to it since I misread the time for last week's TF.  An all plant BAF would be awesome.  Wonder if someone would at least let us fend an all plant team on a BAF. 

Of course not!  As long as you meet the minimum level, you are welcome! 

I just love your spirit in the face of so much adversity and can definitely understand wanting to play your new favorite plant troll as much as possible before you are forced to take a break from the game.  We'll be here, though, when you get back!  So you'll have something to look forward to.   :)

3 hours ago, DynastyJayoz said:

I have a pretty beast Plant/Storm troller. I'm on Excelsior, job has forced me to step away from the game for some time but I'm back to a semi-normal schedule and would love to join you guys this tuesday if possible, perhaps even the SG if there's room. 

Absolutely!  You can run with us and join our sg!  We'll be meeting in Bricks at 9 p.m. EST, so can't wait to see you there. 🙂

Been having a blast running Cloud Song when I can.  She got her Atlas Medallion this last weekend along with completing all the TF's up to Manti while reaching level 35.  Still hoping to connect again despite weird hours.  She seems to not have massive end issues but looking forward to level 38 when Heat Loss should make even a hint of trouble disappear for her and her teammates.  Anyone suggest a good name for my Fly Trap?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Been having a blast running Cloud Song when I can.  She got her Atlas Medallion this last weekend along with completing all the TF's up to Manti while reaching level 35.  Still hoping to connect again despite weird hours.  She seems to not have massive end issues but looking forward to level 38 when Heat Loss should make even a hint of trouble disappear for her and her teammates.  Anyone suggest a good name for my Fly Trap?

I'm so glad you are enjoying your plant troll!  So fun!  As to names for your flytrap . . .  I usually go with the theme of my toon, so for instance, my Parks and Wreck plant/kin is called Power Plant., and her flytrap is Cord.  (as in power cord, but also a cute name for a gutsy sidekick).  My plant/emp is called Trapper Jayne, so her flytrap is Hot Lips.  I don't have flytrap on Over Thyme yet, since she is only lvl 26ish, but I'm thinking of going with Thyme Card.  That might not work with your planter, though, Cloud Song is plant/cold, right?  Like you said up thread that sounds almost like a /storm (or even /sonic), but you can still do something themey with it.

I also love Termite's flytrap's name, Audrey 2 and have seen some good ones over the years like Hit Point and Sexy Beast.  There's also the tried and true option of going with "regular" names like Chuck or Susan which have a jarring effect that makes other players smile at their banality.  Well, that make me smile, anyway. Heh.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, Antarticaa said:

Confession time.  I have had so much fun with my plant/nature troller that I've worked on nothing else.   An old sg mate who has my log in info thought he was helping me and got me levels 25-32  Not solicited but by then I decided to go gung ho and ran her like mad, getting to 50 the proper way.  Then I spent two days converting enh to rewards and getting recipes, making enh, transferring to Good Seed, the works.  Not what I had planned because originally I wanted to level her up slowly.  Then I got hooked on how much fun I was having and I guess that was the point really.

I think the reason I went nuts on Good Seed is that I'm going to have a reverse shoulder implant on Feb. 24 and will be out of game for awhile recovering.  I broke my shoulder Aug.22.  After it didn't heal correctly they finally did a CAT scan in Oct. and found out I shredded the rotator cuff as well.  I was going to have the surgery at the beginning of the month but I wound up with two abscesses from a broken tooth from the car wreck I was in.  Bad luck is that all the local dentists were closed over the Christmas holidays but the teeth were removed a couple of weeks ago and healing well.  Surgeon has rescheduled so that's good. but dealing with a painful, useless arm is challenging, lol.  Top it off with a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and the 4th of 5 surgeries left me with  7 rods and screws in my neck that causes a lot of pain.  I definitely a WRECK.  Not down about this, just determined to regrow!              

Insult to injury time.  My surgeon's office called and they have to move the surgery back to March 2.  That will make over six months with a shredded rotator cuff and a broken shoulder that didn't heal right.  Ugh. Should make a plantie called Sore Thumb, lol.  

• Like 1

Yo Planters! What is up for tonight? My plant is still at level 35. Is that going to be high enough for the TF/SF for tonight?

Also, I'm thinking of swapping it from Controller to Dominator. Trying to decide what secondary to go with. I'm thinking maybe Radiation Assault for the irony. Although, Martial looks like a fun one, too.

Waiting on the update to finish,  Yes VV 35 is good for Manti tonight.  So happy to see more people interested. BAF sounds wonderful, I don't know the requirements on it, I've only done it with incarnates.  So maybe after some DA stuff to at least get the alpha unlocked we should give it a shot.  

I was on a Yin TF this Tuesday (think it was Tuesday). There were like 4 or 5 Plant/* Controllers (maybe one was a Dom). They just wrecked it! A planter juggernaut!! I thought they may have been from this group. I wasn't on my Plant/Nature for this. Wish I had been.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Achilles6 said:

I was on a Yin TF this Tuesday (think it was Tuesday). There were like 4 or 5 Plant/* Controllers (maybe one was a Dom). They just wrecked it! A planter juggernaut!! I thought they may have been from this group. I wasn't on my Plant/Nature for this. Wish I had been.

Heh, yeah, that was us.  There were four of us at that point, and after the first mish, we did try to hold back and at least let the tank do his thing.  Our sg leader Irresponsible Creeper runs a tank as his main, so he tried to get us to rein it in for the tank's sake . . . but that may not have worked out since we were all in plant team mode still after an amazingly fun Manti tf.  😛

Your plant/nature is WELCOME to join us any Tuesday!  We meet at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior, so send a tell to me @Tahliahor to @GreenAx (we were both on that Yin), and we'll get you in the sg (if you want, it's not required, but it does help with communication and meeting up/teaming) or you can join the Parks and Wreck chat channel that serves the same purpose, though not everyone in the sg is in the chat (and vice versa).

Sorry for the late report, but I've had RL stuff take over the past couple days.  Anyway, our sixteenth (I think, I'm losing track!) all plant troll (and dom) team was another raging success.  We had a total of twelve planters show up, and we ran two teams: the regular team who ran the Manticore tf on our way to Task Force Commander, and the team of fabulous new planters who went off and did their own thing until we finished up.

I have run Manti dozens, maybe hundreds, of times over the years, and I have to say that an all plant troll/dom Manti run is by far my favorite.  We had eight planters on our team by 9 p.m. EST on the dot, and off we went!  We absolutely wrecked it.

We were so darned powerful that we may have occasionally over-estimated our awesomeness and broke off from the group, but even then, pure wreckage ensued.  We mopped the floor with the Crey, and many planters kept marveling at how awesome it is to be able to lock down every single Paragon Protector before they can . . . do whatever it is they do that makes them untouchable.  I think I saw only one or two that managed it, and that was at /x8! 

It was a wild time of auras, debuffs, buffs, Spirit trees, creepers, vines, flytraps, and genuine great fun. 

216445271_MantiTFPlantNight_200128-21-16-10.jpg.e12126deb768a65f396e866efdac67b4.jpg

It was so exciting!  We just rolled through mobs of Crey like they were greys (they were yellows, reds, and purples); it was so fun!

So after we finished Manti, we all got together for a post-Manti group shot.  Perhaps as an emblem of our love of plant troll chaos, we all seem to be facing in different directions.  Love!

1500173335_Post-Mantiteamshot_200128-22-31-46.jpg.2b3d338b8dd134aa432305304633054c.jpg

We completed Manti in just over an hour, so we had lots of time to kill and thought an ITF would be fun, but several of our planters decided to call it a night.  Down to four and with our -lvl 30 planters on a full team having tons of fun, we decided to run the weekly for the double merits.  It turned out to be Penelope Yin, which we just ran last week, but it's a fun tf and who doesn't LOVE double merits when building a new and beloved plant troll or dom?

So off the four of us went to IP to get that Yin party started.  It was a blast, we filled with randoms from LFG, but they were totally awesome and did they ever bring it!  We raced through Yin in no time at all (like 40 24 mins or so, and it was not a speed run, nor were we in a particular hurry, we just wrecked it).

After that, we joined up with our -lvl 30 sg mates for some tip missions in AP.  That was a blast, but my goodness, after an eventful two TF plant night, I was exhausted and had to bail on our newest sg mate who joined us well into our tip runs in AP.  Sorry about that!  Heh.

So next week we will wrap our Task Force Commander accolade with the Numina tf.  Honestly, I thought Synapse and Manti would take a couple hours, but our team is so much awesome that we had tons of time left over and could have even doubled up!  The Numi hunts may be challenging, but . . . oh, who am I kidding?  We'll wreck that tf in no time and have our TFC wrapped up with a pretty green bow. 

On Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior, all planters lvl 35+ will meet in Founders Falls for the Numina tf.  All planters under 35 can meet in the sg base or just log on and be teamed from the Parks and Wreck SG or Parks and Wreck chat channel.  If you are interested in joining us, please do!  We welcome all new plant trolls (and doms) with open stems and run fun all plant teams that will blow your mind.  Join the chat channel and shout out for an sg invite or send a tell to me @Tahliahor to our sg leader Irresponsible Creeper @GreenAx

Edited by Tahliah
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

Heh, yeah, that was us.  There were four of us at that point, and after the first mish, we did try to hold back and at least let the tank do his thing.  Our sg leader Irresponsible Creeper runs a tank as his main, so he tried to get us to rein it in for the tank's sake . . . but that may not have worked out since we were all in plant team mode still after an amazingly fun Manti tf.  😛

I thought it might be you guys. I ran F R O S T B R A N D. Also...I don't think it was a 40 minute run. I think it was like 24 minutes. I've done several the past couple of days, so I could be mistaken. I know it was really, really fast!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Achilles6 said:

I thought it might be you guys. I ran F R O S T B R A N D. Also...I don't think it was a 40 minute run. I think it was like 24 minutes. I've done several the past couple of days, so I could be mistaken. I know it was really, really fast!!

Frost!  OMG, I was completely digging your play throughout the whole tf. 

Yeah, I thought my memory was faulty on the time, it probably was 24 mins.  I'm thinking the Manti may have been 40.  Anyway, it was truly awesome to run with you, your toon really rocked  that tf. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Achilles6 said:

P.S. I was the plant/kin Power Plant. :P

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tahliah said:

We mopped the floor with the Crey, and many planters kept marveling at how awesome it is to be able to lock down every single Paragon Protector before they can . . . do whatever it is they do that makes them untouchable.  I think I saw only one or two that managed it, and that was at /x8! 

That was insane. I have done that TF many, many times, and I have never seen those PPs go down so fast. I think out of the entire TF, I saw 2 of them get off their HAXMOG (Moment of Glory, the old broken style, massive +DEF temp buff). The rest were toast before they even knew what happened.

Quick build question about Plant/ for everyone. What powers do you usually skip? I mean, in almost every other Primary Powerset, there is at least one or two skippable powers, so you can make room for a few pool powers. But here, I just don't see one I want to do without? On a dominator, I could see skipping strangler because your ST damage rotation is already going to be solid. On controllers, I usually take both the ST hold and ST immob to give me a bit of a ST rotation. I mean, you could maybe kind of skip Spore Burst, if you are going to mostly play on teams, especially on all plant teams. But, it does come in handy soloing, and could even come in handy on a particularly crazy team that tends to over-aggro (*cough*plants*cough*). This is especially true on my Plant/Kin, where I also don't want to skip any of my secondary powers! So, I dunno, what do you all do?

Also, I am pretty sure that at some point I am going to swap to plant/rad dom. I have found that I am just a really bad buffer. I really tried to give it a shot with this one, but I spend most of the runs just thinking, should I buff now or attack now? Probably just me, but I think I'll have more fun with a dom. Also, I have to admit, I've become addicted to that whole "immune to mezz and knock" thing that doms get. Anyway, I'll run it up outside of the group, so you don't have to wait for me. Just rambling now LOL

9 hours ago, VV said:

Quick build question about Plant/ for everyone. What powers do you usually skip? I mean, in almost every other Primary Powerset, there is at least one or two skippable powers, so you can make room for a few pool powers. But here, I just don't see one I want to do without?

I'm sure we will all have different answers to this, but I skip Spore Burst and will respec out of Spirit Tree after 50 (if not before since our team has so many heal options already).  Spore Burst is a mob sleep, so as soon as they are attacked they will waken, so I'm not sure how helpful it is on a plant troll team when we're all spamming our immobs, holds, creepers, and our flytraps are randomly attacking whatever they see.  :P

On plant/kin, I skip Repel (it's an end-drain on an end-hungry toon, so I find it more trouble than it's worth, particularly on a planter since it has awesome holds.  On my ill/kin, I get it later on when my end issues are in hand because she doesn't do much in terms of control).  I also skip Inertial Reduction.

If you'll have more fun on a dom then by all means roll one!  This is all about the fun, after all.  

A lot of us have lower level plant trolls/doms in the sg and we have a lot of new members who are in the teens and early 20s, so we should be able to get a team together for lower level planters some night that is not Tuesday.  Maybe on Mondays?  What do you all think?

We did it!  We got our Task Force Commander accolade upon completing an amazingly fun and wrecky Numi tf.  

We had a total of seven plant trolls (and doms!) show up last night, but we started the Numi tf at around 9:15ish with six planters and two tanks we found lurking around Numi.  They were awesome, and we all had an amazing time wrecking our way through the missions.

793971254_Numiactionshot_200204.jpg.18b4c8a60261021a44fcb89a3161e2b0.jpg

We had a blast breezing through Numi and finished in 1 hour and 1 minute (I double-checked with the team before we logged to ensure I got the completion time right this time, heh).

Upon completing the tf and finally getting our TFC accolade, we all posed for a triumphant screenie.  Here we are being triumphant. And posey.

148463013_postNumigroupshot_200204.jpg.dae8d2a8f60c45e1ec5b78aefa354c2b.jpg

After we finished our tf, the tanks decided to take off, as did one of our planters, so we batted around ideas for both next week and our next planty wreckage for the evening.

We decided to tackle the ITF with six planters, so off we went to get Midnighters badges and meet up in Cim.  We decided not to go with fillers for the ITF, so off we went into the unknown world of Romans and Cyclops and Minotaurs, oh my!

We did great, if a bit slow, on the first mission, but the second one (the one with the exploding crystals and ambushes) caused us to team wipe.  This was only our second team wipe since the inception of our Tuesday Troll night, so it was a bit of a bummer, but we recovered quickly and got our wreckage on.  [edit to add: actually, rereading this, I think we may have team wiped during the first mish on the lead the chick to the altar part, not during the second mish in which our flytraps were the most common fodder for the exploding crystals.]

During the first mish, our sg and tf leader Irresponsible Creeper got an emergency work call and had to log during the second mish.  We discussed making that our last one and just waiting for a full team to wreck the ITF, but we are sturdy, competitive planters and decided to "just one more mish" into the third mission where we . . .

had a couple of near team wipes at the computer, but we ended up prevailing.  We encountered problems because we weren't damaging the computer fast enough to stop the bots from coming to life.  They very nearly kicked our collective plant butt, but . . . they didn't thanks to the skill and quick action of our crew.  And to the return of Irresponsible Creeper, who was a sight for sore eyes, let me tell you!  The AVs, as is so often the case on our all plant troll (and dom!) team, weren't difficult at all. 

We just kind of breezed through all the areas except the computer and then we got to Romi.  There was some discussion about how best to proceed, and we ended up with deciding to try the zerg rush method first.  It worked.  We spammed buffs, debuffs, heals, immobs, holds, Spirit Trees, glorious life giving spores, and creepers until we whipped Romi into submission.  All the times.  A couple of our Parks and Wreck crew decided to drop their warwolf (from our Striga runs) and their Snow Beast (from our Winter Event night), and it was grand to see (not to mention the added dps was very welcome). 

Here we are basking in our victory (I'm the blue one glowing from my Peebles wedding band, also from our Striga fun!):

10547285_ITFplantteamvictoryshot_200205.jpg.e6eec38c0b4b9bb2d86d12039218e88f.jpg

Over all, it was an eventful night and very fruitful in terms of badges, accolades, xp, and influence!  Power Plant. gained two levels, going from lvl 43 to 45 without a 2xp booster!  It was also an absolute blast!  [Note to self: get 2xp booster for next week!]

So we decided to go with unlocking the patron power pool for our next Plant Troll Tuesday night.  We'll meet in Grandville on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  We didn't decide which patron arc to do, though Ghost Widow is our sg leader's choice.  Doing one will unlock them all, so unless anyone has a strong preference, we'll go with Ghost Widow.

Any level plant troll (or dom) is welcome to join us for our patron pool unlockage fun!  If you are not yet at least lvl 35, the patron pool powers, once unlocked, will become available to you when you hit lvl 35.  It's worth doing, in other words, even if you can't yet access the power pool.

To get to Grandville from blue side, just go to Pocket D and see Null the Gull.  He's on the redside of Pocket D, on top of a truck looking very seagullish and dapper.  Once you switch alignments to villain, you will be able to enter Grandville via the sg base.  Switching back is as simple as clicking on Null again and selecting Hero, so it's crazy easy to get our patron power pool and then be back to our heroic selves in one night.

Any new planters interested in joining our crew--or just our patron pool unlocking night--can do so very easily!  Show up on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST in Grandville on Excelsior (we'll be near Arbiter Rein) and shout out, or join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and let us know you are there and want in, or send a tell to me @Tahliahor to @GreenAx.  That's it, easy peasy!  We welcome all new planters with open stems and have a great time on our plant adventures, so don't be shy!  

Edited by Tahliah
correction, clarity
  • Like 1

I managed to video  an historical record of our Numina Task Force run on Tuesday night, and am happy to report that our ancestors would all be proud of how we conquered our enemies!  That was a lot of fun.  You can go to Gregg29407 on YouTube to see a 43 minute version of our 1 hour TF run.  As for the upcoming week, I've already turned Termite into a villain, and he's hanging out with his new EVIL friends in Grandville.  See you Tuesday!

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, Gregg247 said:

I managed to video  an historical record of our Numina Task Force run on Tuesday night, and am happy to report that our ancestors would all be proud of how we conquered our enemies!  That was a lot of fun.  You can go to Gregg29407 on YouTube to see a 43 minute version of our 1 hour TF run.  As for the upcoming week, I've already turned Termite into a villain, and he's hanging out with his new EVIL friends in Grandville.  See you Tuesday!

Seriously awesome vid, Termite!  I literally laughed out loud when you zoned into AP next to that huge guy in the hot pink speedo.  Your reaction was priceless.  :)  On that last mish, our travel wasn't faster than yours, we hit the TT (team teleport) but somehow you missed it, but Creeper had your back (and the other guy who missed it).  I typically fly off and miss TT, too, so I know the feeling (and I think that's why Creeper even has tp friend in the first place, heh). 

What a fun tf that was! Watching it from your perspective was also super cool (and I got to see how I was doing on speed boost/buffs, too, and it seems I did okay except when we all split in that one CoT map).  I love love love your videos, keep 'em coming! 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:34 PM, Tahliah said:

So we decided to go with unlocking the patron power pool for our next Plant Troll Tuesday night.  We'll meet in Grandville on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  We didn't decide which patron arc to do, though Ghost Widow is our sg leader's choice.  Doing one will unlock them all, so unless anyone has a strong preference, we'll go with Ghost Widow.

Any level plant troll (or dom) is welcome to join us for our patron pool unlockage fun!  If you are not yet at least lvl 35, the patron pool powers, once unlocked, will become available to you when you hit lvl 35.  It's worth doing, in other words, even if you can't yet access the power pool.

To get to Grandville from blue side, just go to Pocket D and see Null the Gull.  He's on the redside of Pocket D, on top of a truck looking very seagullish and dapper.  Once you switch alignments to villain, you will be able to enter Grandville via the sg base.  Switching back is as simple as clicking on Null again and selecting Hero, so it's crazy easy to get our patron power pool and then be back to our heroic selves in one night.

Any new planters interested in joining our crew--or just our patron pool unlocking night--can do so very easily!  Show up on Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST in Grandville on Excelsior (we'll be near Arbiter Rein) and shout out, or join our Parks and Wreck chat channel and let us know you are there and want in, or send a tell to me @Tahliahor to @GreenAx.  That's it, easy peasy!  We welcome all new planters with open stems and have a great time on our plant adventures, so don't be shy!  

Just a reminder that the all plant troll (and dom!) team will meet tonight in Grandville to unlock our patron power pools!