Sign in to follow this  
DreamingLove

How to max EXP/Influence in AE?

I don't get the formula and I can't find a straight answer anywhere.

I am trying to create a Boss Only Fire Farm: Arc ID 16361

Boss Settings: Melee fighting preference - 100% experience at Lv.1
Primary Powers: Scorch, Fire Blast, Incinerate, Breath of Fire ((Fiery Melee)

Secondary powers: Flares, Fire Blast, Fire Breath, Blaze (Fire Blast)

I have done MANY fire farms and the best EXP and Influence I have seen come from Brigg's maps.

The information from his farm is below. This information was gathered on a Lv.50 character, who was earning normal EXP and Influence.

These amounts are the Rewards per 1 enemy type defeated in @brigg's farm.

Minion: 8544 XP / 5,979 Influence

Lt: 17,088 XP / 20,504 Influence

Boss: 51,265 EXP / 64,081 Influence

So, I figured a better way to get Influence was to create a Boss only farm, which i did for Arc ID 16361. With all of them being 100% Exp for Lv.1 or greater characters, I expected each enemy to yeild 51k XP and 64K Influence per kill, but mine is WAY less. Like, a 1/5th of what Brigg has.

Mine:

Boss: 12,817 EXP / 16,021 Influence.... so my gains are WAY less even at 100% EXP for Lv.1 or higher. I think it has something to do with the abilities I chose, cause the EXP amounts change when I change my skills but the formula and explanation AE gives for calculating EXP confuses me... it talks about ALPHA and BETA but the abilities themselves don't show how much ALPHA they give... so how does one know when their mobs are giving as much EXP and Influence as AE's mechanics will allow?

Edited by DreamingLove

If you move the button across the slider for the level range from Level 1 to Level 50, does the experience percentage stay at 100%? If not, then add another ranged attack to get it to 100% xp.

I made a similar error and this was the cause. 

@Glacier Peak

Glacier Peak - Ice/Cold Corruptor / Chronic Pain - Pain/Dark Defender / Empirical - Empathy/Water Defender

you need minion / Lt/  boss mobs in the enemy group of the xp value is nerfed.

Posted (edited)

Anyone know exactly which attacks and defensive powers are associated with the mobs in your typical fire farm?

I vaguely remember from years ago that to get max xp, each mob had to have a minimum number of powers - just cant remember the details.

Edited by krj12