Regeneration armor rework

yllly

3 minutes ago, JetMalakai said:

I was tanking lesser AVs (ie: Nemesis) before even that though. IOs can help you more with defense and recharge (which Regen benefits from more than other secondaries) much more than they can regeneration.

I was doing that with a WP Scrapper.

I'm not so sure it's the single AVs that's the issue, but the idea of being able to build up to 4/8 content.

I hope the Devs are paying attention to this thread and looking at regen again. Based off the conversation so far, I see a rising consensus on the following:

1-Return IH to a toggle.

2-Revise Regen set to make it more resistant to debuffs.

My main char right now is a stalker regen. I'm fully aware of its limitations, and honestly, I do feel a bit squishy at times as a regen. I've had to balance my IO sets to balance the healing with resis dmg, but if I could respec and add more to the regen side instead of feeling the need to build it up with res, that would be awesome. I would feel like I'm using the regen more towards its intended purpose, similar to a Wolverine or Deadpool, instead of a toon with regen abilities, but having to build up Superman muscles to make it anything survivable. 

Edited by kenro90

3 minutes ago, kenro90 said:

I hope the Devs are paying attention to this thread and looking at regen again. Based off the conversation so far, I see a rising consensus on the following:

1-Return IH to a toggle.

2-Revise Regen set to make it more resistant to debuffs.

My main char right now is a stalker regen. I'm fully aware of its limitations, and honestly, I do feel a bit squishy at times as a regen. I've had to balance my IO sets to balance the healing with resis dmg, but if I could respec and add more to the regen side instead of feeling the need to build it up with res, that would be awesome. I would feel like I'm using the regen more towards its intended purpose, similar to a Wolverine or Deadpool, instead of a toon with regen abilities, but having to build up Superman muscles to make it anything survivable. 

I'd argue Wolverine and possibly Deadpool, have a bit of S/L resist outside of just their Regen abilities, especially Wolverine. 😛

6 hours ago, BrandX said:

I'd argue Wolverine and possibly Deadpool, have a bit of S/L resist outside of just their Regen abilities, especially Wolverine. 😛

I was actually debating the point of the Regeneration set's concept in another thread.  I'd be curious if anyone could change my mind.

Basically, while the concept for Regen was supposed to be the Wolverine-esque fast recovery from the comics, it has since been changed...or rather the perception and expectations of the players and the the way the game plays has changed.  The best fit for those concepts (Deadpool and the like) are emulated by the Willpower set mechanically and visually.  There's no reason to make Regeneration into something that Willpower already does very well.

The closer representation to Regeneration mechanically and conceptually is a character who negates damage rather than regenerating.  Think of an old school slapstick cartoon character: in one frame, they react to a huge piano falling on their head and next you see them flattened, a mountain-sized knot on their head, teeth falling out replaced by piano keys, coo coo birds floating around their head...then they shake their head vigorously and suddenly all (or most of) that damage is gone.  

Not saying you can't interpret the set your own way, but I'm more demonstrating the difference between "Comicbook Wolverine" and "Cartoon Tom & Jerry" with respect to how they regenerate from damage.  It's one of the reason I propose stacking resist to debuffs that coincides to stacking their clicks.  It's part of the territory of negating effects on the user.

18 hours ago, Leogunner said:

I was actually debating the point of the Regeneration set's concept in another thread.  I'd be curious if anyone could change my mind.

Basically, while the concept for Regen was supposed to be the Wolverine-esque fast recovery from the comics, it has since been changed...or rather the perception and expectations of the players and the the way the game plays has changed.  The best fit for those concepts (Deadpool and the like) are emulated by the Willpower set mechanically and visually.  There's no reason to make Regeneration into something that Willpower already does very well.

The closer representation to Regeneration mechanically and conceptually is a character who negates damage rather than regenerating.  Think of an old school slapstick cartoon character: in one frame, they react to a huge piano falling on their head and next you see them flattened, a mountain-sized knot on their head, teeth falling out replaced by piano keys, coo coo birds floating around their head...then they shake their head vigorously and suddenly all (or most of) that damage is gone.  

Not saying you can't interpret the set your own way, but I'm more demonstrating the difference between "Comicbook Wolverine" and "Cartoon Tom & Jerry" with respect to how they regenerate from damage.  It's one of the reason I propose stacking resist to debuffs that coincides to stacking their clicks.  It's part of the territory of negating effects on the user.

I actually, feel Regeneration captures the Wolverine/Deadpool...characters that can regenerate more.

Willpower can as well, but I just feel it more with Regeneration myself, which is why I want it to improve.

I also feel adding the defense to Resilience keeps in line with them.  Without going Spider-Man defense levels.

This would allow people to build for more defense easier.

I'd also still like to see Integration get a regeneration boost, at the very least allow us to actually enhance it.

58 minutes ago, BrandX said:

I actually, feel Regeneration captures the Wolverine/Deadpool...characters that can regenerate more.

Willpower can as well, but I just feel it more with Regeneration myself, which is why I want it to improve.

I also feel adding the defense to Resilience keeps in line with them.  Without going Spider-Man defense levels.

This would allow people to build for more defense easier.

I'd also still like to see Integration get a regeneration boost, at the very least allow us to actually enhance it.

Like I said, you can interpret it your way.

I just don't see Wolverine or Deadpool "activating" any power to regenerate.  They just regenerate quickly over time.

But then I guess Stalker Willpower also has to activate a power to recover damage.

16 minutes ago, Leogunner said:

Like I said, you can interpret it your way.

I just don't see Wolverine or Deadpool "activating" any power to regenerate.  They just regenerate quickly over time.

But then I guess Stalker Willpower also has to activate a power to recover damage.

Oh.  On that front, I just don't see it as activating any power to regenerate.  That's just the meta.

Could be the healing going into overdrive, adrenaline boosting the healing.

• 2 weeks later