Realistically, what's the actual workload to take down the war walls and connect the zones?

Neogumbercules

2 hours ago, SaintD said:

The backstory for City of Heroes is almost post apocalyptic. The Rikti Invasion was world wide, and they slaughtered the absolute hell out of us for six months.

Money wasn't particularly the issue when the War Walls were built.

I think you may have missed my real world analogy... 😉

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Yeah, the war walls seem to do nothing to stop the Rikti's bombing runs, or stop them congregating in Founder's Falls, Crey's Folly, etc. To actually be effective against Rikti, there would need to be an energy dome, not walls. I mean, even in the real world, city walls were rendered mostly obsolete by gunpowder artillery, and airplanes just sealed the deal.

The real explanation, of course, is a gameplay explanation: gotta have some way to physically separate the zones, but then there of course needs to be an in-world lore explanation, and here we are.

• Like 1

I'm no expert, but I think the way to do this would be to start over and create a new mega zone, or perhaps break it into 3-4 zones that are just a rough amalgamation of all the old zones.    But, if you're going to do that, you might as well just make a new world with a new story arcs and such so we just get more content instead of reproducing the old content.   Oh, I know, lets make it an entire alternate Universe ...and it could have alternate versions of the current Heroes!  And it could be ruled by an Emperor named, just of the top of my head, Emperor Cole! 

Yeah... that sounds like it might work.

• Thanks 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

The walls are not there to keep anything out. They are there to keep us IN.

That's why zones do not border each other. The rest of the city is a normal place without living WMDs turning the world inside-out every five minutes.

If the walls fall and we are unleashed upon the world, the Rikti invasion will seem like a minor inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s an ambitious idea, make the outer regions an area. Haha, you could probably run around Atlas from the outside, and have super dangerous Rikti war machine encounters and make the area so the object is to hide while you explore. Sorta like the future of x-man with the sentinels enslaving the world.

too big, too off topic, still I had a minute of fun

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?