Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

If we are doing found stuff then here's a "thing" I ran into the other day.

Kind of has an Attack on Titan/ skin gone missing vibe.

I've never liked the look of Bio Armor so I never tried it (which is sad

because I hear it is a good performer) and after seeing this monstrosity, well I still don't lol

but it is the most creative thing I've seen done with that misshapen mass. I was both disgusted and impressed.

EyPjc9XV_o.jpg

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 10

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

So much Bio bashing on the forums. 😢

There are only two powers which are difficult to thematically work with--Ablative Armor and Parasitic Leech. No other power in the set puts any more limitations on theme/background than say Dark, Fire, or Ice armors do.

This is my Fire/Bio Sentinel, Mind Blaze. The theme at work is that the flames he creates are the end result of mental psychoplasmic projections.

MBC.jpg.66d32579eecb13f153caacddfa3a65b5.jpg

The aura around is body below is not from Bio Armor but the Bio Plasma (Body - Combat) aura representing the excess generation of psychoplasma during flame creation.

MFlares.jpg.2cf87fe45882ccb9c178ecbd2a5ea500.jpg

Edited by Erratic1
Reduce image size
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

If we are doing found stuff then here's a "thing" I ran into the other day.

Kind of has an Attack on Titan/ skin gone missing vibe.

I've never liked the look of Bio Armor so I never tried it (which is sad

because I hear it is a good performer) and after seeing this monstrosity, well I still don't lol

but it is the most creative thing I've seen done with that misshapen mass. I was both disgusted and impressed.

PKRWd6li_o.jpg

That's a great look. I agree, I had a hard time making the aesthetics work with my character too. I challenged myself to come up with something cool with a Bio/Spines (two sets I could never get to mesh with anything)

ob0.png.da1ddf4064464f9e99b37ccc93efade0.pngob5.png.2f8ef709dd5a739b1767b7d9919ce5b0.pngob1.png.2ded666c6146400053fac690ccc1e390.png

• Like 9

In the old game I had a tradition; I'd roll a new melee character every Christmas Eve, in honor of Heraclea's birthday. 

This is Bonquers.  Perhaps not the most original concept I've come up with.  But I like the fit between the powerset and the name, and the mismatched boots, shoulders, and gloves really works with the concept as well. 

Bonquers.JPG.c368be51f391d5bf287d941c58407494.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 minute ago, Player2 said:

I like it.

TYVM!  I'm still not 100% on the colors, but I was desperately trying to move away from dark greys/blues/browns - they look good, but it gets harder to see detail when I do that.  I had a paler yellow in there originally, but I like how you can more clearly see the creases/mesh/bands with the brighter/deeper shade.

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

TYVM!  I'm still not 100% on the colors, but I was desperately trying to move away from dark greys/blues/browns - they look good, but it gets harder to see detail when I do that.  I had a paler yellow in there originally, but I like how you can more clearly see the creases/mesh/bands with the brighter/deeper shade.

If I had to describe the look, I'd say it looked like something between classic Iron Man (golden armor) and a Power Ranger.

• Haha 1

I get excited about costumes that you change into for combat or when using certain powers. Here's a character I recently made (Science Sentinel Fire/Fire):

Dr. Sylvester 'MTembo was an experimental ceramics engineer at an aerospace research facility in Malawai when it was the target of a terrorist attack by anti-government insurgents. He was taken hostage and forced to help complete work on an exosuit project with military applications, with the insurgents threatening the safety of his family if he refused. With his application of heatproof polymer ceramics, the exosuit was a resounding success, and unfortunately, many people lost their lives in the resulting coup. With the facility only lightly manned during the assault, Dr. 'MTembo commandeered one of the prototype exosuits and escaped. He quickly found his family and they fled to Paragon City, seeking asylum. Now, under the heroic moniker Hotplate, Sylvester 'MTembo uses his suit to perform security work for the city's various scientific establishments, hoping that one day he'll have done enough good deeds to clear his name in the eyes of heaven.

eeqmzc1.jpg

ofk9Fwg.jpg

Edited by AzureAngel
added primary/secondary and origin
  • Like 9

So I watched Coco for the first time, loved it, and now I have a new Dark/Bio stalker.

muerta.jpg.7333b86ab5da8eb3656c435a50136be0.jpg

Also, not sure where to put this, but I recently saw someone with nearly my exact costume of my main (albeit different hair, face and aura) but the iteration before his current where I use a dark grey instead of black. Mine is the one on the right, which I posted in this thread about a year ago.

wat.thumb.jpg.3374290cfe3b52ad4a82f66b98c1da80.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, The Volt said:

Also, not sure where to put this, but I recently saw someone with nearly my exact costume of my main (albeit different hair, face and aura) but the iteration before his current where I use a dark grey instead of black. Mine is the one on the right, which I posted in this thread about a year ago.

wat.thumb.jpg.3374290cfe3b52ad4a82f66b98c1da80.jpg

Trendsetter 😝

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, biostem said:

Great design!  I really wish we could color the buttons on that corset/bustier, and the inside of the veil.  Still, really awesome look!

You can recolour the inside of the veil, much like the other "cape" options such as the Tech Knight Belt and the Circle of Thorns Shoulders, you should decide it's colour first and use the "Costume Colours Linked" option to set it. Just be sure to uncheck it when you want to recolour the rest of your outfit.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Volt said:

You can recolour the inside of the veil, much like the other "cape" options such as the Tech Knight Belt and the Circle of Thorns Shoulders, you should decide it's colour first and use the "Costume Colours Linked" option to set it. Just be sure to uncheck it when you want to recolour the rest of your outfit.

I did not know this!  I shall test it out ASAP!

Update:  I can't believe I never knew about this trick!  Here is my "Essence Enforcer", who uses this technique:

essence enforcer8.png

essence enforcer9.png

essence enforcer2.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 5

For next week's theme team: Angry Balls - Fire/Pain Dom Corr. Based on this alcoholic drink: https://www.fireballwhisky.com/recipes/AngryBalls.html

1b0aHGQ.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster