Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Wow, those last two are really good in very different ways.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I tweaked Heritage's main costume and added some alternate looks for her.

On 12/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Player2 said:

Heritage

Katana / Ninjitsu Scrapper

XNRNl6Z.jpegylBZOkF.jpeg

Aside from a subtle face coloring with makeup 3, I darkened her robe, added a symbol, and changed her footwear.  Second costume is a color reversal on her robe, different pants with the same color pattern, and different shoes.  The original Chinese sword in my original post remains consistent in all of her outfits.  Costume 3 retains the alternate pants from the previous but returns to red for an alternate style, dressier robe (and loses the headband).  

RQiWol8.jpgGFkLPwc.jpeg6Ul4oTi.jpg

Costume 4 is her "gearing up for battle" outfit in which I FINALLY find a use for one of the Imperial Dynasty belts... combined with a Barbarian chest armor & "shoulder" armor covering the top of the Witch Wing (Tight) gloves.  Back to the sandals footwear, too.   Costume 5 modernizes her look with a modern jacket and sunglasses, but holds on to a more traditional look with her fancy hairstyle and almost the same pants (which are now less baggy).  And finally, costume 6 is a comfortable blend of traditional and modern with her original robe (sans symbol) with blue jeans and sunglasses.

rT489ux.jpg8uphYpQ.jpegmFuzXS5.jpeg

• Like 6

On 12/29/2020 at 6:35 AM, Player2 said:

A simple sword maiden...

Heritage

Katana / Ninjitsu Scrapper

XNRNl6Z.jpeg

Simple is something that can be pretty difficult to achieve, you did a great job here.  But, what really gets my attention are those pants.  I love them!  Too perfect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wei yau said:

Simple is something that can be pretty difficult to achieve, you did a great job here.  But, what really gets my attention are those pants.  I love them!  Too perfect.

Simple baggy pants in light red with leopard print in gold.  I wanted something fancy that would stand out as fairly unique but still fit that kung fu warrior vibe.

Edited by Player2
Let's call them her "Dragon Pants" because the leopard spots look like scales.

6 hours ago, AzureAngel said:

Trying the Bio Armor Challenge(tm)

Dream of the Sea is an ocean spirit (Natural Sentinel Water/Bio). Dream has no gender and no agenda but to live their brief life gallantly before crashing upon the Far Shore.

LATnODR.jpg

DWHbuuh.jpg

I didn't even know you could combine those two masks.  What an amazing look!

• Like 2

Running the New Regulators arc in King's Row, I was inspired by the costume of Morana, one of the Skulls bosses, so I redesigned the look of my psy/fire sentinel in a similar vein, while also borrowing on ideas I've seen in this thread of people using the chest detail pieces to look like the clasps of their cloaks. I'm rather pleased with the end result.

d5CgkMz.png

• Like 6

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

You would think I don't have costumes of my own that I think rock but keep coming across other costumes that are great.

In this case unless you see it dynamically you miss out on what has been done. So its animated GIF time:

7xgwmA6.gif

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

You would think I don't have costumes of my own that I think rock but keep coming across other costumes that are great.

In this case unless you see it dynamically you miss out on what has been done. So its animated GIF time:

7xgwmA6.gif

Glad you liked it.  The effects are Dark Armor (Stalker: Dark Embrace, Murky Cloud, Obsidian Shield, and then Hide) using Soul Noir with Eyes animations.

On 12/30/2020 at 5:23 AM, AzureAngel said:

Trying the Bio Armor Challenge(tm)

Dream of the Sea is an ocean spirit (Natural Sentinel Water/Bio). Dream has no gender and no agenda but to live their brief life gallantly before crashing upon the Far Shore.

LATnODR.jpg

DWHbuuh.jpg

LOVE this. Also love the idea of a genderless character.

TBH, I’m surprised we can’t change our gender/body type when visiting the costume creator. I’d love to create a trans character as part of a progressive storyline.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kaipto said:

LOVE this. Also love the idea of a genderless character.

TBH, I’m surprised we can’t change our gender/body type when visiting the costume creator. I’d love to create a trans character as part of a progressive storyline.

You can! Just at special ones. The one in Pocket D allows that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could you just post your full oeuvre please? This slow drip is killing me.

Sorry, the contents of my brain are ever expanding. 

So good and amazing name, as always!

And thank you.  I feel a good name is very important to the whole process.

4 minutes ago, Kaipto said:

You can.  You need to use the correct tailor contact to change gender.  On the hero side, I believe they're the ones shown as Cosmetic Surgeon.  Not sure what the villain side calls them.

• Thanks 1