Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Can't believe this name was available on Torchbearer...

Flamedancer

Dual Blades / Fiery Aura Scrapper

c4hGOdp.jpgtgE8kEa.jpg

The blazing path aura looks a little too orange (or a little too yellow if I'd shifted it down once on the color palette), but looks better once the fire shield is active.

• Like 9

A more dynamic rework of one of my oldest (and favorite) characters : the Card King (Dark/Martial Dominator, with the shurikens supposed to be playing cards), a poker-obsessed ex-Midnighter who sets out to become the biggest player in the Rogue Isles, with the ultimate goal of taking over St. Martial.

dealer.thumb.PNG.943fcb40b9083092e1c97ca899457ce6.PNG

dealer1.PNG.dcc00950e425b224bfb9e7c558668284.PNG

dealer2.PNG.6218fd646fbd810153db2bcd1cdbcd4e.PNG

Edited by Virtual Green
  • Like 15
  • Thumbs Up 1

Inspiration sometimes comes from the strangest of places. Case in point, Hamidon Bud! What would happen if an enterprising hero took one of these little guys home and raised it?

(He's a Rad/NRG tanker, with auras representing the Hami's inner glow & the jello bubble, and whose 3 primary shields each emulate one of the three mitos (blue, yellow, green). His attacks are also assorted mito-colours.)

image.png.35255e1752c905a79afee74d02b80393.png

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

We all know how addictive the character creator can be when it comes to designing costumes. What I have come to is trying to match my initial concept for a character but accepting that I will need to design a better costume at some future date (usually somewhere after SOs unlock) when a lot of details about the character have firmed up in my mind. That's also when I tend to put their character bio in place. So I present the evolution of a costume from the rough beginning to a final form for my Electrical Armor/Fire Melee Tanker, Star Soul:

1166146341_StarSoul.thumb.png.7e22d4c0c04630a39004a528daedb031.png

The first costume was driven by my desire to get away from the pieces and colors I find myself normally using--something helped considerably by the background of the character (see below). Having decided her costume should function as a containment suit for her manifesting in our dimensions drove the second costume design. But the leg boots were just a bit too thick at the top for my tastes and eventually I got tired of it bothering me. That drove a number of not pictured revision passes which never made it out of the costume designer. I wanted to keep the second costume's belt but once I decided on the new shoulders and legs the choice of belts became obvious. 

1732824912_StarSoulDescription.thumb.png.4395e779c100e0feffd4c1989d0ff569.png

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

We all know how addictive the character creator can be when it comes to designing costumes. What I have come to is trying to match my initial concept for a character but accepting that I will need to design a better costume at some future date (usually somewhere after SOs unlock) when a lot of details about the character have firmed up in my mind. That's also when I tend to put their character bio in place. So I present the evolution of a costume from the rough beginning to a final form for my Electrical Armor/Fire Melee Tanker, Star Soul:

1166146341_StarSoul.thumb.png.7e22d4c0c04630a39004a528daedb031.png

1732824912_StarSoulDescription.thumb.png.4395e779c100e0feffd4c1989d0ff569.png

This is, no pun intended, a stellar concept and design. ❤️

Star Soul is great! The first shot looks a lot like one of my semi-mains, Ion Maiden.

imaiden.png

imaiden1.png

• Like 8

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

6 minutes ago, Mjolnerd said:

Star Soul is great! The first shot looks a lot like one of my semi-mains, Ion Maiden.

I would have to say you did far better with that chest piece I gave up on in your choices for the rest of the design. I really like the color choices.

And wow...the almost identical idea on containment suits, body, and sharing Electrical Armor. Is there a telepathic link I should be worried about?

Edited by Erratic1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I would have to say you did far better with that chest piece I gave up on in your choices for the rest of the design. I really like the color choices.

And wow...the almost identical idea on containment suits, body, and sharing Electrical Armor. Is there a telepathic link I should be worried about?

Thank you! I went back and forth for a long time on a lot if different parts of the look. It's hard to show off that she's composed of energy without also having her run around nude. I'm still not 100% sure about the shoulder pieces.

As for a telepathic link, I think we're safe as long as we don't start finishing each others'...

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

11 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

A more dynamic rework of one of my oldest (and favorite) characters : the Double Dealer (Dark/Martial Dominator, with the shurikens supposed to be playing cards), a poker-obsessed ex-Midnighter who sets out to become the biggest player in the Rogue Isles, with the ultimate goal of taking over St. Martial as its ultimate "Card King".

dealer.thumb.PNG.943fcb40b9083092e1c97ca899457ce6.PNG

dealer1.PNG.dcc00950e425b224bfb9e7c558668284.PNG

dealer2.PNG.6218fd646fbd810153db2bcd1cdbcd4e.PNG

I really like this character.  ran one similar named the Cardist.  think I just recently deleted him though as I didn't want to squat on names for characters I wasn't playing.  Plus I run a similar theme character/characters the Dames (Judith, Rachel, Pallas, Argine) the Queens of Suits, belonging to the Court of Crowns (playing card themed Criminal Underworld).  Working on getting a good story together and creating an AE mission for them, just lagging the time to get it together and I am a little rusty with creating missions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

This concept is awesome and reminds me more than a little of the First Ones from Babylon 5, especially with the mention of ants.

I did not have this in mind consciously when coming up with the background but I did love Babylon 5. What I drew inspiration from was the novel Whipping Star by Frank Herbert, who is more commonly known for Dune.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 3:45 PM, captainstar said:

I hope I don't get a Generic name for creating this character. lol

But she is more of a tribute than a copy. The Super American Girl!

americana.jpg

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.  I never though the costume designer could be so free.  It makes me want to fly away on a wing and prayer.

• Haha 3

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

1 hour ago, Charistoph said:

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.  I never though the costume designer could be so free.  It makes me want to fly away on a wing and prayer.

I never realized before that the chest symbol in the costume designer is almost an exact copy of the one from the show.  How cool is that?

This is Commander Cuddle-bot.  She's a fun-loving genius inventor.  Not above admitting her own shortcomings when it comes to combat, she invented the Cuddle-bot battlesuit to augment her abilities and provide the high level of protection she would need, in order to enter the field of super-heroics.

Flight suit, casual clothes, and the Cuddle-bot itself, (last few pictures show size comparison):

commander cuddlebot5.costume commander cuddlebot7.costume commander cuddlebot6.costume

commander cuddle-bot1.png

commander cuddle-bot2.png

commander cuddle-bot6.jpg

commander cuddle-bot5.jpg

commander cuddle-bot8.jpg

commander cuddle-bot9.jpg

Edited by biostem
  • Like 8

23 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

I never realized before that the chest symbol in the costume designer is almost an exact copy of the one from the show.  How cool is that?

That is a MOD that I use, to have some famous Superheroes symbols in the chest. It's a thing you put in the game, but only you can see it. 😉

Edited by captainstar

I've been fighting with this costume for weeks, I just can't seem to get it to work. It's missing...something. Some part, some tweak, some color...I dunno. 
As some fun payback for all the great inspiration this thread has given me, I'd like to offer two of my COH patches to the person that offers a solution to my creative block. 

Murder One, Archery/MA blaster.

Murder One.PNG

Murder2.costume

Edited by Jawbreaker
  • Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

My e-e-evil new Fire/Earth dominator, the villainous Volcaniac!

volcaniac1.png

volcaniac2.png

• Like 20
  • Thumbs Up 2

No costume at the moment...  I've been busy with life & work stuff but hope to be getting into some new character ideas over the next few days.

Here are some of the names I've been squatting on that I'm hoping to come up with some designs for:

(ATs and powers subject to change)

xlJhfjC.png

Edited by Player2
(been loving the other stuff I've been seeing showing up here in my downtime, though)
  • Like 3