Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 1/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, Charistoph said:

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.  I never though the costume designer could be so free.  It makes me want to fly away on a wing and prayer.

Who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just sheeeee. HmWYqjbR_o.gif

On 1/4/2021 at 11:58 AM, Sable Phoenix said:

I never realized before that the chest symbol in the costume designer is almost an exact copy of the one from the show.  How cool is that?

That is a modification file (or "Mod" for short) he's using that temporarily supplants one of the games existing symbols.

It doesn't overwrite the actual games files in any way so they were allowed but there are a couple drawbacks.

Since the costume data is local to your machine, only you and anyone else who has the mod file sees it.

Everyone else sees the original chest piece that you are supplanting. So mods would

be of no help to you in a costume contest for example.

Everyone else, whether they be other players or even other NPC's, who have that chest detail will

be seen on your screen as having the mod, not just you so you need to pick what you supplant

carefully. It's even more important if you plan to share your mod because everyone who

uses it will be affected too. It also helps to know about the popular mods out there.

The Superbabes  SG logo is one example that still floats about today because

the person who originally made it supplanted one of the common star symbols.

So @captainstar, to pick an example, thinks he looks like this in game...

XWkvDGFt_o.jpg 

But to the thousands of people who had the

mod bundle back in the day he would look like this.

dMXSRaUC_o.jpg

I could tell you some funny stories about the unintended consequences of

modding "gone wild" but I will just say choose your files wisely

because some will follow instructions to put them in but

may not be tech savvy enough to take them out. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Great strides are being made to make adding / removing / sharing mods easier from what I have

been reading. Shout out to @The Philotic Knight, @Oubliette_Red, @Solarverse and many

others past and present for all of their hard work put in on the modding front. bdD2kT31_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

CR forgot to say it but hes in them "many others" list cuz I've seen several of his mods. :classic_tongue: also noticed the attack on titan shot was taken from Xlluzya's back... on purpose? dang now i'm curios about the mod gone wild stories!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJ1 said:

CR forgot to say it but hes in them "many others" list cuz I've seen several of his mods. :classic_tongue: also noticed the attack on titan shot was taken from Xlluzya's back... on purpose? dang now i'm curios about the mod gone wild stories!

I did not "forget" I just don't see my contributions as all that

consequential compared to the amount of work others have done.

Also while I have made many mods I haven't shared the files publicly.

They were mostly just for things I made for myself or friends when I wanted

something beyond what the CC had available (e.g. faces, weapons,  SG logos etc).

As for Xllusya that was just the angle I had when I saw him. Her face is custom yes, it's not a secret.

It's been on my DA for years and I have displayed it here before as well. The CC didn't have a female

face with golden eyes which I wanted for my goddess (except for the feline face) so I made one for myself.

I can PM you later, it's too far off topic here. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

07K1tHnz_o.png

Maskurade Plant/Martial Dom

Interdimensional mercenary who is never seen without her/a mask on; no one is quite sure what has brought her to Paragon City.

DsnY79g.jpg

• Like 5

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

8 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Who could it be?

Believe it or not it's just sheeeee. HmWYqjbR_o.gif

That is a modification file (or "Mod" for short) he's using that temporarily supplants one of the games existing symbols.

It doesn't overwrite the actual games files in any way so they were allowed but there are a couple drawbacks.

Since the costume data is local to your machine, only you and anyone else who has the mod file sees it.

Everyone else sees the original chest piece that you are supplanting. So mods would

be of no help to you in a costume contest for example.

Everyone else, whether they be other players or even other NPC's, who have that chest detail will

be seen on your screen as having the mod, not just you so you need to pick what you supplant

carefully. It's even more important if you plan to share your mod because everyone who

uses it will be affected too. It also helps to know about the popular mods out there.

The Superbabes  SG logo is one example that still floats about today because

the person who originally made it supplanted one of the common star symbols.

So @captainstar, to pick an example, thinks he looks like this in game...

XWkvDGFt_o.jpg 

But to the thousands of people who had the

mod bundle back in the day he would look like this.

dMXSRaUC_o.jpg

I could tell you some funny stories about the unintended consequences of

modding "gone wild" but I will just say choose your files wisely

because some will follow instructions to put them in but

may not be tech savvy enough to take them out. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Great strides are being made to make adding / removing / sharing mods easier from what I have

been reading. Shout out to @The Philotic Knight, @Oubliette_Red, @Solarverse and many

others past and present for all of their hard work put in on the modding front. bdD2kT31_o.gif

Yeah, I remember one day, a long time ago, when I saw a guy in the game with a Superman costume. I notice that he probably have the same MOD than me, since I was seeing the Superman logo in his chest. But when I tried to talk with him, saying that I could see his Superman logo... he runed away! lol I think he got afraid of doing something wrong in the game.

Angels are born by the Light to answer prayers, but when too many prayers go unheeded, sometimes the space between Light and Shadow births angels as well. The Angel of Tears is one such creation. Initially a formless desire to make sense of human suffering, the angel took possession of a dilapidated mausoleum statue and set out to answer the backlog of prayers. Much misunderstanding and panic ensued. Convinced that her stone shell was insufficient, the angel set out to gain power, along the way sympathizing with the Talons of Vengeance and their mad quest to punish mankind. A series of reluctant mentors, however, eventually guided the angel towards the path of the Incarnate, and after receiving the power of the Well of the Furies, she was finally able to manifest her true divine form on Primal Earth.

While recognized as a defender of the innocent and zealous hunter of the guilty, the Angel of Tears has a bad reputation for draconian justice and black and white thinking. Hell hath no chill and neither does she. (Magic Controller Mind/Pain)

SZn1lFw.jpg

6LJnDxo.jpg

oisYCT2.jpg

• Like 15

Some of my late character and iterations on costumes. Let me know what you think 😉

Doc Avenger (Sentinel - Fire/Invul) - 3rd costume iteration

image.thumb.png.695e97277187afc77e9ed297c055d98e.png

Elusive Illusionist (Controller - Illusion/Rad) - 2nd costume iteration
image.thumb.png.b4b68c7bb6d6a38389598ba5478f19fb.png

Blood Pharaoh (Defender - Dark/Water)
image.thumb.png.f7a3edcfa2f05a3c3d8dc254230114f2.png

Blood Quiver (Blaster - Water/TA)
image.thumb.png.9417067426d1a3a89a499accf7a9eef7.png

Alpha Bug (Corruptor - Rad/Poison)

image.thumb.png.43fab579d9d52b8921cb1de20122668c.png

• Like 16

2 hours ago, KARMACOP said:

Some of my late character and iterations on costumes. Let me know what you think 😉

Doc Avenger (Sentinel - Fire/Invul) - 3rd costume iteration

image.thumb.png.695e97277187afc77e9ed297c055d98e.png

Elusive Illusionist (Controller - Illusion/Rad) - 2nd costume iteration
image.thumb.png.b4b68c7bb6d6a38389598ba5478f19fb.png

Blood Pharaoh (Defender - Dark/Water)
image.thumb.png.f7a3edcfa2f05a3c3d8dc254230114f2.png

Blood Quiver (Blaster - Water/TA)
image.thumb.png.9417067426d1a3a89a499accf7a9eef7.png

Digging all of these

• Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Adraxia my Mercs/Traps MM. Just because she's a mercenary, doesn't mean that she can't look good. 😛

Xmnvl5h.jpg

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

15 hours ago, captainstar said:

Yeah, I remember one day, a long time ago, when I saw a guy in the game with a Superman costume. I notice that he probably have the same MOD than me, since I was seeing the Superman logo in his chest. But when I tried to talk with him, saying that I could see his Superman logo... he runed away! lol I think he got afraid of doing something wrong in the game.

Yeah that's why I made a point of saying above that it doesn't overwrite anything and therefore

doesn't break the terms of service. Trying to copy Superman however is totally against

the rules though so that could also be why he ran away (faster than a speeding

bullet while leaping tall buildings with a single bound I'm guessing rs4wmRnk_o.gif). 

You know it's possible that he didn't have the

mod at all or even know what you were talking about.

I'm guessing you have one of the mod packs by Electro as his was by far the most popular Superman

mod and since that mod supplants the letter "S" the guy may just have made a Superman clone

and put the regular S on his chest and you saw it as Superman because you had the mod.

Just a thought.

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I wanted a battle axe stalker, but there is no such animal... but thanks to Ninjitsu secondary for scrappers...

If it's just for the screen shots there is always the Ghost Slaying Axe which is available to all.  zb7XgP0P_o.png

Also you could suggest that combination wherever the thread for powerset proliferation is (or start one).

• Thanks 4

07K1tHnz_o.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Robin said:

I'm guessing you have one of the mod packs by Electro as his was by far the most popular Superman

mod and since that mod supplants the letter "S" the guy may just have made a Superman clone

and put the regular S on his chest and you saw it as Superman because you had the mod.

I remember the Electro mods...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KARMACOP said:

While all of the ones you showed were quite impressive, Alpha Bug really stands out.  What's his super power?  He's super slick.  😎

5 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

If it's just for the screen shots there is always the Ghost Slaying Axe which is available to all.  zb7XgP0P_o.png

Nope.  I wanted an axe ninja to be different from all sword swingers and bow shooters out there.

• Thanks 1

@Player2 Lol I literally just thought of that and edited my comment to include that possibility.

Looks like you are online now and we are playing comment tag in real time... TAG! YOU'RE IT! 07K1tHnz_o.png

• Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Lol I literally just thought of that and edited my comment to include that possibility.

Looks like you are online now and we are playing comment tag in real time... TAG! YOU'RE IT! 07K1tHnz_o.png

Besides, if it were just for screenshots, worry about what was available by AT wouldn't have mattered.  I could have just created any AT with battle axe as a powerset option.

Edited by Player2
(You're it.)
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Player2 said:

While all of the ones you showed were quite impressive, Alpha Bug really stands out.  What's his super power?  He's super slick.  😎

Radiation + Poison... Colored as if it were a secretion of an insect (green/yellow-ish)