ChanelNo2

Post your best costume designs here!

Quick question, folks:  It seems I am only able to upload a few KB of attachments as of late, (which is why I've been using the photobucket images).  Have I done something wrong?  Exceeded some forum limit?  Thanks for reading!

3 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

She should hang With Sister Blister. Fire/Kin

nunclose2.jpg

nunstand2.jpg

Wow. I need the 😨 react.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, biostem said:

Quick question, folks:  It seems I am only able to upload a few KB of attachments as of late, (which is why I've been using the photobucket images).  Have I done something wrong?  Exceeded some forum limit?  Thanks for reading!

There is actually a 97MB forum limit on attachments, but you can delete previous images in your account via [Account] > [My Attachments]

Edited by Glacier Peak
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

There is actually a 97MB forum limit on attachments

Thanks!  I did some cleaning up of old posts.  Now that that's out of the way, here's "The Downward-Spiral":

downward-spiral1.png

downward-spiral2.png

downward-spiral1.costume

• Like 9

So I ditched the Unified Field cape and went for the Celestial flaming rings backpack look...

The Above

Peacebringer  (only level 23... haven't committed to the idea of a single-, dual-, or tri-form build yet)

IizyCEv.png

• Like 5

Not much is known for certain about the mystic Mu'Khopesh save one thing--he betrayed Ghost Widow and lived. Some say he dealt in secrets mortal minds weren't meant to know and that it drove him insane. Others say he sold his soul to the devil, but the devil gave it BACK. Perhaps the most interesting rumors come from the Mu themselves--alternatively the Destined One and the Harbinger of the End Times, it is said that those who listen to his teachings either end up following him immediately or plot his death. What cannot be debated, however, is his formidable psionic power and command over the eldritch energies of the Mu. Those who know his other secrets are his loyal disciples... or are dead. (Arachnos Widow Fortunata spec with Mu Mastery)

jV8z4hY.jpg

5qE96ed.jpg

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Kingsize, Rad/Invuln Brute

screenshot_210109-19-45-11.jpg

That's a pretty slick design, JB!

I had a similarly-named character back when I played on CO, a sizeshifting brawler who made full use of that game's version of Super Strength (which made you grow in size the more you fought your enemy).

614254561_CCKingsize.png.32ebffa2ffe6330784275114cb6a5b24.png

• Like 4

I wanted to post these guys up with their bios showing, not only to see if people like the concepts, but also to see if anyone likes the concepts enough to join me in fleshing them out more (i.e. Defining who/what the Nyghtmare is, the other types of henchmen, etc.). I really wish I could get an aura that cloaks the Howler completely in shadows, but smoky was the best I could do; thunderhead is more coverage, but comes with lightning, which I'm not looking for with these guys.

The Nyghtmare Howler 

sK8sG84.png

The Nyghtmare Consort

TTBmOlG.png

• Like 2

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

7 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

That's a pretty slick design, JB!

I had a similarly-named character back when I played on CO, a sizeshifting brawler who made full use of that game's version of Super Strength (which made you grow in size the more you fought your enemy).

614254561_CCKingsize.png.32ebffa2ffe6330784275114cb6a5b24.png

That's awesome! I played CO off and on for years, but it never scratched the CoH itch for me. I did love some of the mechanics of that game, like their version of SS though.

• Like 2

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

2 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I wanted to post these guys up with their bios showing, not only to see if people like the concepts, but also to see if anyone likes the concepts enough to join me in fleshing them out more (i.e. Defining who/what the Nyghtmare is, the other types of henchmen, etc.). I really wish I could get an aura that cloaks the Howler completely in shadows, but smoky was the best I could do; thunderhead is more coverage, but comes with lightning, which I'm not looking for with these guys.

The Nyghtmare Howler 

sK8sG84.png

The Nyghtmare Consort

TTBmOlG.png

I thought to mention that there's a "post your awesome bios" thread but then I looked over there and nevermind. 😅

Personally, I write backstories for characters to help give context for why they look the way they do. A great costume produces a suspension of disbelief, helping the viewer's imagination take over. Just an opinion, but when you include a description of what the character is "actually" supposed to look like, it takes away from the costume you actually created.

Anyway, the Nyghtmares sound more like NPCs. They might make cool antagonists in an Architect mission. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AzureAngel said:

I thought to mention that there's a "post your awesome bios" thread but then I looked over there and nevermind. 😅

Personally, I write backstories for characters to help give context for why they look the way they do. A great costume produces a suspension of disbelief, helping the viewer's imagination take over. Just an opinion, but when you include a description of what the character is "actually" supposed to look like, it takes away from the costume you actually created.

Anyway, the Nyghtmares sound more like NPCs. They might make cool antagonists in an Architect mission. 

Normally, my bios for my characters don't look like this; they're more about how the character got to be super, a bit of backstory, etc.  I see how with the way I've iterated them currently, they seem more like NPC's than player characters. I don't make AE content so debating whether I should just scrap the idea or try to redesign them into something that's more player-friendly. And the intent with the "looks" was to try and leave it open to interpretation--i.e. no 2 howlers would look the same. Hrm...

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

Decided to rename my previously posted Rad/Rad Brute as the proton punk Gamma Death (who needs subtelty when you can punch capes with irradiated fists, really?), and really lean in on his Freakshow origin and attitude (complete with glow-up mohawk when he powers up !). Also included is his "civilian outfit".

gammadeath.thumb.PNG.7098572d0b29bf1a059af39b20111cbf.PNGgammadeath1.thumb.PNG.88b70e792f6d58305221ec27be4524ff.PNG

gammadeath2.thumb.PNG.276276c9707e68e46f75cc8d18b44bf4.PNG

• Like 6

Not sure which name I'll go with yet for my new shape-shifting scrapper...

Beauty is the Beast or Beastly Beauty

Savage Melee / Bio Armor Scrapper

oXvbunE.pngtswDeY5.png

gdjgwOe.png

• Like 5

Now delivering "Liquor Quicker! (tm)", by means of "Science! (tm)", I present to you, "The Barmaid":

...Just make sure you pay your tab!

barmaid1.costume

barmaid8.jpg

barmaid6.jpg

barmaid5.jpg

barmaid2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, biostem said:

Now delivering "Liquor Quicker! (tm)", by means of "Science! (tm)", I present to you, "The Barmaid":

...Just make sure you pay your tab!

She and my Ron Swanson themed Water/Mental blaster, The Bourbon Blaster, would make a great team.

• Haha 2

A while back I put together this costume to test out Savage Melee, and I recently had the epiphany to repurpose the costume for a character concept I've been toying with for even longer but could never find the right pieces for.

1238365003_Screenshot2021-01-11213722.thumb.png.a19504dc0d74b96da3c81b4f2b6349c1.png

This is the Void of Dreams (Rad/Temp Blaster) the darkest part of a sleeping mutant's psyche that manifests while they are sleeping. Although the VoD is limited by the sleep schedule of his "host", his temporal abilities have allowed him to gradually slow time down so that he can master the magics of the astral plane. He's now had the equivalent of centuries of practice and with each slumber he becomes exponentially more adept at advanced magics.
1624965469_Screenshot2021-01-11213025.thumb.png.dde747ecd1f990199616d19585cfe5ee.png

The original conception of this costume was for a Savage/Shield Ouroboros Mender who had spun far past his tether and bound his spirit to a magic cloak in an attempt to survive. In true convoluted comic fashion, the cloak caught the eye of a demonic spirit who would wrestle with the mender for control of the relic. This is where a lot of the gold vs black of the costume comes from, and his initial dark energy shield added asymmetry to convey the cloak unevenly slipping from the mender's control. 

1958594163_Screenshot2021-01-11231222.thumb.jpg.40a010703203a109b5a31cac9412201e.jpg

When still the illusion of this costume portraying a floating legless spirit works fairly well, but in motion I had to play with elements to keep it consistent. Because the path aura needs time to build up a large murky cloud to hide the spectrum legs, I've found that black super speed works the best for keeping the concept believable (although obviously I tried my best to get fly/hover to work first). Switching to slide for the default stance was a must to keep the movement ghostlike...ish. The other major change I made was to swap the Valkyrie skirt for the CoT robes as they cover the legs a bit better during movement, despite being less impressive when at rest.

364060120_Screenshot2021-01-11211821.thumb.png.2530cd6e46327ca8df4cb77ae7860e03.png

• Like 15

8 minutes ago, Sparrows said:

1624965469_Screenshot2021-01-11213025.thumb.png.dde747ecd1f990199616d19585cfe5ee.png

Really awesome design!  Reminds me of the character from Assassin's Creed melded with or if they became a lich.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1

While checking out the costume files on my laptop for my last post I found this gem I never got around to publishing a hero's license for:

960938253_Screenshot2021-01-11234917.thumb.png.7f0261dd91501d8cb24eafd8a5705a84.png170615842_Screenshot2021-01-11235100.thumb.png.e97468339bfff2f2af3a2fa1acd4b56f.png

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

Really awesome design!  Reminds me of the character from Assassin's Creed melded with or if they became a lich.

Thanks! The lich aesthetic is totally what I'm going for with him!

• Like 6