ChanelNo2

Post your best costume designs here!

Valentines Day is just around the corner...  chocolates and cards are showing up in stores already.

I have a V-day hero (previously posted as HeartAttack in case you want to look for it) already in case anyone needs help with the Pocket D co-op mission...
But more likely a villain's touch will be needed.  And so I present:

Villaintine

Ninjas / Pain Mastermind

TjxVpug.png

• Like 4

Also, got the name Vapid recently... finally decided on what to do with her.  I especially like the two-tone make up effect.

Vapid

Darkness Control / Storm Summoning Controller

JE8s6VG.pngHJKCtDu.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, First Player said:

spacer.png

Jet - Electrical Blast/Sonic Manipulation Blaster

He looks like what I'd expect of a heroic renegade Skyraider.  Good job!

• Like 3

Was just playing around with this one, but I got the best name and had to come up with something for it.

The Best Name

Beam Rifle / Willpower Sentinel

v3jaxJI.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

Was just playing around with this one, but I got the best name and had to come up with something for it.

The Best Name

If you think that name is good, you're going to be super jealous when you see the one I just snagged:

(Costume courtesy of the "Random" button, because I care.)

nameyouwanted.png

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Haha 6

Formerly of Virtue, now on ExcelsiorAdamant Eve (Invulnerability/Super Strength tanker)Arch-Rival (Archery/Tactical Arrow blaster)Battle Beetle (Claws/Super Reflexes scrapper)

Core (Fire Blast/Radiation Emission corruptor)Daddy Longlegs (Arachnos Soldier) Freak Accident (Radiation Melee/Bio Armor brute) Galactrix (Energy Blast/Willpower sentinel)

Great White Shark (Savage Melee/Willpower brute)Highway Star (Kinetics/Sonic Attacks Defender) - Ion Maiden (Radiation Blast/Electric Armor Sentinel) - Night's Templar (Kinetic Melee/Ninjistu stalker)

Paroled McDonald (Spines/Fiery Aura brute)Solitaire (Dual Pistols/Martial Combat blaster) - Villainess (Dark Control/Psychic Assault dominator) Virtual Boy (Illusion Control/Traps controller)

Volcaniac (Fire Control/Earth Assault dominator)White Widow (Arachnos Widow)

Namesake time! Here's Sparrows (Kin/Willpower Brute) a Carebear stare come to life. Sparrows started out as a challenge to make a melee focused Cupid incarnate and evolved into a kid with a heart defect that has seen the best in humanity through his time in the hospital. That bad ticker now literally glows with the power that he draws from the love and compassion in the universe. His energy attacks send out a wave of positivity that can turn the cruelest foe into a caring friend. Brimming with cheesy and lofty idealism, Sparrows aims to reform criminals and tyrants into agents of kindness and actually achieve world peace. He's not a self insert by any means but more of my representation of the ideal hero.

sparrows.thumb.png.ed9d240f0c62050b98a4afb0846a1c85.png

On the flipside of the coin is his nemesis Hate Spew (Rad/Electric Brute), a social media shock jock who gets more powerful with, you guessed it, hate and division. Not only does Hate Spew have the grim realities of human nature on his side, he's got a team of media experts that have manufactured discord to a science.

721355159_Screenshot2021-01-21023241.thumb.png.7f8002baea7d7149c7174a45bed36d48.png
It's a small detail, but something about his green shades really sell me on this design. It's like I can taste his podcast with my eyes. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Since Skyraider inspiration has been brought up, may as well show off my own Skyraider-inspired costume. Piloted by Starsmite, an electrical melee/energy aura scrapper. I first wanted to make a flying-oriented melee character, and ended up settling on a Skyraider-esque tech background.

starsmite1.thumb.png.fa7e125c2a8e5b8ee244c3e30da97803.pngstarsmiteside.thumb.png.a378263f27a3342e76ef5dd10d197c1b.pngstarsmite2.thumb.png.6eec13e599470f948158daac16de6c95.png

I've always found the Skyraider getups really interesting and cool, as well as their sort-of-twins, the Goldbrickers, so I also made a Goldbreaker-inspired costume, though I haven't created a character for it yet.

goldbrickerinspired.thumb.png.4e17b0b8e6f8126cc162d39d30588153.pnggoldbrickerinspiredside.thumb.png.5490ba1a4fe3fca4924f38e3a74a06d1.png

And lastly, here's a bit of a change of pace to a costume I'm working on for a gravity control/psionic assault dominator. Not sure if I have all the details ironed out, but I'm pretty happy with the design so far.

galaxybrain.thumb.png.b96d9c259ed3e88ae239044aacd9afea.png

Might have to go with a different chest detail, current one doesn't blend into the suit quite as nicely as I'd like.

Anyway, thanks all for sharing so many cool and creative costumes, and I only hope my additions to the thread can maybe add a bit of inspiration too!

Edited by Ackelope
  • Like 5

Heres my Tech type one, RocketQueen!

screenshot_210121-22-07-55.jpg

Edited by Nerio72
Ugh,I really need to figure out how to get better caps...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nerio72 said:

Heres my Tech type one, RocketQueen!

screenshot_210121-22-07-55.jpg

Just needed a little love here and there!

screenshot_210121-22-07-55.thumb.jpg.84d1a206287498ee559814cb294958c9.jpg

• Thanks 1

Another screenshot trick I like is
 /bind SHIFT+F11 "+screenshotui$$screenshot$$-screenshotui"

This will simultaneously take a screenshot with and without your UI. It is helpful if you want to show off your bio or power tray OR clear all the clutter away.
You get two different screenshots in your screenshot folder.

On 1/18/2021 at 7:52 AM, Vulpoid said:

I'm in!

ifrit.jpg

Not a djinn, but kinda djinn-adjacent.  But, I'm in.

psychedelia1.JPG

psychedelia2.JPG

• Like 11

The Arachnos Wolfspider Ibex hails from Phi Gamma 25-8, a dimension of anthropomorphic animals. After a volcano erupted near his home town, Portal Corps took an unusual stance and intervened, offering asylum to its inhabitants (probably with the added motivation of establishing diplomatic ties to such an unusual society). Shortly afterward, Ibex migrated to the Rogue Isles and joined Arachnos simply because his native culture values strength and competition far more than compassion for those less fortunate.

jS7jTcQ.jpg

jTbTymc.jpg

mO8vdjr.jpg

Edited by AzureAngel
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, First Player said:

spacer.png

That's so good, I don't even know how to rip it off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got in the mood to resurrect some of my old toons from live and pretty them up a bit

Demon Lord Katsu

4jbI4DK.png

hH2DBn9.png

Wolfen Frost

76BgGnG.png

okIgiRv.png

Nq2ctsB.png

• Like 5

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty. Will do any kind of crazy content.

I've gotten compliments on this one in game so I figured I'd share it here

Twisted Samsara

uplgEWu.png

And here's one that's kinda similar but I'm a fan of it

That Which Gazes

72gYEYf.png

• Like 10

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty. Will do any kind of crazy content.

I've been rereading Clive Barker's Imagica after putting it down 30 years ago, and was inspired to make a few characters that might fit right into that other world.

Kavorzix, DB/Fire brute
Silan, Mind/Psi Dom
Yzzorderex, BS/Shield Scrapper

Kavor.PNG

Silan.PNG

Yzzorderex.PNG

Edited by Jawbreaker
  • Like 17

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

This does not belong in best costume because I have not created the character. But the character concept did come  to me and (sweet Heaven help me) I kind of want to play it....

Allow me to present Big Baby

1575129096_BigBaby.thumb.png.5e5eb3fb290188e9ba43305fb93b5803.png

Yeah, its an atomic rattler. 

I am thinking Titan Weapon/Regen. Conceptually he's a mutant whose power keeps him eternally in the form of a baby. . .just one that keep growing larger. Fortunately his mind developed but what do you do with the physique of a baby even if you're 400 lb.s of baby? Fight crime or maybe become a villain. I could really see it working either way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Another entry from the Its Not Mine But Its Cool list:

1534395419_MisterBeam.png.03d8b7a3626e775df80a42962b65f84b.png

Should I start another thread for these?

• Like 3

Not a bad idea, @Erratic1.  Although, there is a slight question of consent.  Kind of like taking photos of cosplayers in real life.

I suppose as long as you don't identify the player, the character name, or the Shard they're playing on, it could be okay?

Maybe start a thread first asking how others feel about the subject, so this thread doesn't turn in to a discussion/debate, and can continue to focus on screenshots.