Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

4 hours ago, Player2 said:

Here's one I played in street clothes (with changing pink or blue hair as cotton candy colors) through the 20s and didn't actually create a tights costume until level 34... and then did the alternate with colors reversed just because.

Sugar Lumps

Street Justice / Willpower Scrapper

Rf5tXiU.pngQvr8L5b.png

I’ve been noodling on a candy/confectionary inspired toon. This is helpful. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

A point of passion for me in my life is diversity and inclusion--I don't feel like anyone should be othered for something they have no control over. As such, I strive to find ways to represent a variety of characters with diverse backgrounds in this game, including persons with disabilities.

Maybe this is overshare, but I grew up with a brother with cerebral palsy who passed away. He's my personal IRL hero and taught me so much about empathy, gratitude, positivity, and hard work.

My main toon, Helen Killer, is not just a cheeky or irreverent name play--far from it. People with disabilities can (and should) be superheroes and supervillains, too. I love when their superpowers originate because of their disabilities, rather than despite them 🙂 

To that end, I keep trying to come up with creative depictions of more characters with disabilities (I know it would require so much work, but a wheelchair option would send me over the moon, as it would mean I could finally make a character honoring my brother. Maybe one day!).

Any who, below is my attempt at another disabled character, Dawn Syndrome.

Dawn Syndrome (Human Peacebringer)

Dawn Sommers was born extra special--specifically, with an additional chromosome 21. Diagnosed at birth with Down syndrome, Dawn has been used to people underestimating her for most of her life. What her doctors and family didn't realize is that her genetic mutation actually also bestowed her with another special gift: the ability to manipulate the sun and the energy of light with heavenly brilliance. As she honed her powers over time, she took to the streets to be a bastion of hope and protection for others with special needs, safeguarding them from bullies and helping them achieve equity in their lives.

ds3.jpg

ds2.jpg

ds1.jpg

Edited by Kaipto
​ Edit: minor tweaks to the shoulders and boots. Wasn't totally happy--simplified it a bit. Will have to make a more "ascended celestial" look down the line  ​​😅 ​
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Kaipto said:

A point of passion for me in my life is diversity and inclusion--I don't feel like anyone should be othered for something they have no control over. As such, I strive to find ways to represent a variety of characters with diverse backgrounds in this game, including persons with disabilities.

Maybe this is overshare, but I grew up with a brother with cerebral palsy who passed away. He's my personal IRL hero and taught me so much about empathy, gratitude, positivity, and hard work.

My main toon, Helen Killer, is not just a cheeky or irreverent name play--far from it. People with disabilities can (and should) be superheroes and supervillains, too. I love when their superpowers originate because of their disabilities, rather than despite them 🙂 

To that end, I keep trying to come up with creative depictions of more characters with disabilities (I know it would require so much work, but a wheelchair option would send me over the moon, as it would mean I could finally make a character honoring my brother. Maybe one day!).

Dawn Sommers was born extra special--specifically, with an additional chromosome 21. Diagnosed at birth with Down syndrome, Dawn has been used to people underestimating her for most of her life. What her doctors and family didn't realize is that her genetic mutation actually also bestowed her with another special gift: the ability to manipulate the sun and the energy of light with heavenly brilliance. As she honed her powers over time, she took to the streets to be a bastion of hope and protection for others with special needs, safeguarding them from bullies and helping them achieve equity in their lives.

dawn syndrome 8.jpg

dawn syndrome 7.jpg

dawn syndrome 6.jpg

Aw mate, that's so beautiful! And inspirational. I may have to come up with some sort of character concept along these lines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

19 hours ago, Techwright said:

I'd love to know if you somehow found a way to remove the dark background elements from dark/dark.  I experimented with doing a dark/dark with a different color scheme (electric blue, if I recall correctly), but kept getting an unchanging, underlying black/dark scarlet coloration destroying my effort with my two color choices.

I don't think it's actually possible to remove the dark elements from Dark/Dark, even using the Soul animations.. That being said, I'd avise you to try coloring your Dark powers in blue as both primary and secondary colors with the Soul option - having tried that with the color green (but I ended up going green/black in the end), it looks really energy/electricity-like in action!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaipto said:

As someone who's worked with special needs kids for 20 years, this is indescribably awesome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

7 hours ago, Kaipto said:

I think one solution to this would be to have it as a Prestige Travel Power. Logistically, it would probably be something like Professor X's hover chair, and would be an alt animation for Jetpack.

1 hour ago, Cutter said:

Great use of the space pirate no-hand for his shield arm!

I agree, very clever!

It also reminded me to share this guy: The Assaultin' Battery!

battery.png

battery1.png

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Up 1

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Long time lurker, first time poster. Playing on Reunion.

Bloodbriar - nature's wrath, made manifest (Spines/Fire Brute)

Bloodbriar.png

/edit: Thanks for the warm welcome, guys ☺️   This toon was the first character I ever made in CoH, originally it was a redside Plant/Plant Dominator on Zukunft, the dedicated german server way back when. I remade him when I moved to Reunion when the game was still live, but neither version ever made it past L22 (Dominators and I don't mix).

Three times is the charm, so it was reborn in its current version as my first toon on Homecoming Reunion (farmer/crafter/AH). I went with pretty pale red flames for the /Fire part, coupled with  the dripping blood aura it's a decent effect.

Edited by Acehilator
  • Like 12
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keeping with the "nature" theme...

Gaia's Giant - the forces of nature working in harmony (Nature/Water Defender)

Gaia-s-Giant.png

Had this costume concept in mind for ages, but was missing the waterfall backpack during Live (came close before shutdown, but no cigar). Max height obviously.

Edited by Acehilator
  • Like 8

1: Archmage Khalidor. Illusion/Time Controller

2: Prophetess of Athena. Gravity/ Psionic Dominator

3. Heartcraft. Empathy/Sonic Defender

4: Old Saint Nicholas. Super Strength/Invulnerability Brute

5: Sentinel of The East. Archery/Super Reflexes Sentinel

6: Nicholas Rage. Street Justice/Fiery Aura Scrapper

MAge.png

Athena.png

Heart.png

Saint Nick.png

Sent.png

Sent2.png

Rage.png

• Like 5

9 hours ago, wei yau said:

Make way for the Iron Horse!
I don't enjoy the redside content so much, therefore I made him a Rogue and now he's wreaking havoc in Paragon City.

IronHorse6.JPG

IronHorse2.JPG

IronHorse1.JPG

IronHorse5.JPG

Taxi-bots are old news, make way for train toons!

LivingLocomotiveNewTitlecopy.jpg

Edited by Vulpoid
  • Like 14
  • Haha 2