ChanelNo2

Post your best costume designs here!

1 hour ago, Jawbreaker said:

Other than RPG I have no idea what any of those words mean

Without a lengthy description, the RPG Feng Shui has one time line and a few points on those timelines where history can be changed with different groups ruling the world (secretively or not) between those points in history and trying to make sure they continue to exist. One of the junctures is a future where cybernetic apes are used in warfare, and some of their names are The Orangutank, Battlechimp Potemkin, and Furious George.

• Like 2

Meet Blind Sally a Mind/Energy dom. I'm still working on her backstory, but I'm pleased with her initial costume.

screenshot_210209-21-09-00.jpg?width=192

• Like 6

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

It's been a while since I showed off any costumes.  Having some art blocks, as well as a desire to focus on the sheer number of 30+ characters I keep abandoning (to no avail).  Still, got a few.

Cyber Voltaic, Electric/Ninja Blaster.  A sentient computer virus bent on spreading itself as far as possible.  Concept somewhat inspired by Sigma of Mega Man X, but the costume not so much.

1223302052_CyberVoltaic.thumb.jpg.d8f992a8cc9c41d7c853c7ae75d70e0f.jpg

Basalt Force, Energy/Stone Brute.  A stone golem turned special forces.

476492704_BasaltForce.thumb.jpg.7aa5b4a57da97be278d118b16a4872ed.jpg

Haven't quite come up with a name for this one.  Chernobyl something is what I was going for, originally was going to call him Chernobyl Olaf but am not quite sure.  Currently is Chernobyl Winter but that may change.  Anyway, Ice/Rad controller, a strange combination of ice and radioactive material.  Freezing on the outside, toxic on the inside.

1513091631_ChernobylWinter.jpg.c00ffd0d562ec9daeb7d9bb6c6fa536b.jpg

• Like 7

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

25 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Gold Jackal, my Elec/Bio gimmick sentinel 😄 

Making the Bio effects blue so they look like sparks...bravo!

• Like 1

As a lover of Classical Antiquity and the history of Greece, I always try to create someone from that era in games, if I can. CoH has the creativity to do that, thankfully. I had trouble previously creating this type of look, but I'm not sure why haha. I created this guy the other day and I think it came out really well. It's not a super creative and flashy hero like others on the forum, but I'm really happy with it. If only Homecoming added spears and proper hoplon shields. 😭

Best part of this look is the fact that Alcibiades can change gear when he flees to Sparta. 👌

Meet,

Alcibiades of Athens. Sword/Shield Scrapper.

Alcibiades.png

Alcibiades2.png

Al2.png

Al1.png

Edited by Conradigan
  • Like 4

Mental Miyuki (Psychic Blast/Mental Manipulation blaster), the youngest member of my SG, "The Extracurriculars".

1049677718_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_34_04_99.thumb.png.9e0f7d0c35f2cb0b338068ea87c75491.png1706535841_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_34_18_91.thumb.png.a39fd53ad3905039382c6c6e4b99a0cb.png

2020851198_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_34_25_55.thumb.png.e0c0013d6a12206f5977ae9d65b52f81.png1823493256_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_35_08_41.thumb.png.373481b414078d050c6147dc6e00a9dc.png

720621904_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_35_12_34.thumb.png.8ce814e0c3f7130fbec2a2ac0f923e03.png1310293756_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_02.10-12_35_25_21.thumb.png.71db4250365a17fda074c96ffd9d1f8b.png

• Like 6

Now for something not so serious. A nice mix of the old and the new, listen to some...

Synth-Wave (Kin/Sonic Defender)

Synth-Wave.png

Synth-Wave-Action-1.png

Synth-Wave-Action-2.png

Running the archetypical synthwave aesthetics colors. Groove on!

• Like 17

13 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Haven't quite come up with a name for this one.  Chernobyl something is what I was going for, originally was going to call him Chernobyl Olaf but am not quite sure.  Currently is Chernobyl Winter but that may change.  Anyway, Ice/Rad controller, a strange combination of ice and radioactive material.  Freezing on the outside, toxic on the inside.

1513091631_ChernobylWinter.jpg.c00ffd0d562ec9daeb7d9bb6c6fa536b.jpg

Chernobylsickle/syckle 🤔

Edited by Nerio72
autocorrect

Asked and got permission to post this after being requested to make no reference to the inspiration for the costume. My response was, "If they don't get it, I won't tell." Its another in the series of Its Not Mine, But Its Aweome!

screenshot_210210-17-32-43.thumb.jpg.65b8c46cc5679bd530cc290cb1e67f40.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, First Player said:
5 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Asked and got permission to post this after being requested to make no reference to the inspiration for the costume. My response was, "If they don't get it, I won't tell." Its another in the series of Its Not Mine, But Its Aweome!

screenshot_210210-17-32-43.thumb.jpg.65b8c46cc5679bd530cc290cb1e67f40.jpg

I mean, if you were born in the 80s and don't recognize a robot made of lions when you see one, I got no help for you.

Edited by Sable Phoenix

21 hours ago, Acehilator said:

Now for something not so serious. A nice mix of the old and the new, listen to some...

Synth-Wave (Kin/Sonic Defender)

Synth-Wave.png

Synth-Wave-Action-1.png

Synth-Wave-Action-2.png

Running the archetypical synthwave aesthetics colors. Groove on!

I LOVE this.  Very much enjoying the synthwave themed characters that have been popping up lately. 

7 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

I mean, if you were born in the 80s and don't recognize an homage when you see one, I got no help for you.

To keep in line with the owners request, could you remove the V word.

Heck, I was born in the 60s and I instantly recognized it.

Edited by Erratic1

Staying lighthearted, a possible addition to the "Old people SG", and/or "Influenced by ingame factions SG".

Have no fear, Grandpa Goldbricker is here (SJ/Will Brute).

Grandpa-Goldbricker.png

(Yes I know he should have been SS, but I already got a SS toon, and still no other concept for SJ, soooo...)

Edited by Acehilator
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

To keep in line with the owners request, could you remove the V word.

Heck, I was born in the 60s and I instantly recognized it.

Did it, but you quoted me so you'll have to edit yours too.

• Like 1

Sublimator - Storm Summoning/Water Defender (Gold sider!)

1023661443_Sublimator2.thumb.png.35a3dee5eb569ba9ded9a07658382e4a.png

1329799319_Sublimator3.jpg.14a74149d7526ebf57947737a30a45e4.jpg

Sublimator.thumb.jpg.997bc0db48a9828e043bb1e4a0f5a952.jpg

I had a lot of fun creating all of the secondary auras. I have the Fire and Ice Hat, the Bioluminescent top and bottom that glow, the waterfall backpiece, the Glow aura, the blazing path aura, and the power slide power shaded as well. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Acehilator said:

Staying lighthearted, a possible addition to the "Old people SG", and/or "Influenced by ingame factions SG".

Have no fear, Grandpa Goldbricker is here (SJ/Will Brute).

Grandpa-Goldbricker.png

Old people SG?

This looks like a job for
The Grammazon!

grammazon.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Formerly of Virtue, now on ExcelsiorAdamant Eve (Invulnerability/Super Strength tanker)Arch-Rival (Archery/Tactical Arrow blaster)Battle Beetle (Claws/Super Reflexes scrapper)

Core (Fire Blast/Radiation Emission corruptor)Daddy Longlegs (Arachnos Soldier) Freak Accident (Radiation Melee/Bio Armor brute) Galactrix (Energy Blast/Willpower sentinel)

Great White Shark (Savage Melee/Willpower brute)Highway Star (Kinetics/Sonic Attacks Defender) - Ion Maiden (Radiation Blast/Electric Armor Sentinel) - Night's Templar (Kinetic Melee/Ninjistu stalker)

Paroled McDonald (Spines/Fiery Aura brute)Solitaire (Dual Pistols/Martial Combat blaster) - Villainess (Dark Control/Psychic Assault dominator) Virtual Boy (Illusion Control/Traps controller)

Volcaniac (Fire Control/Earth Assault dominator)White Widow (Arachnos Widow)

Had a brief flash of inspiration.  Can probably do better, but it works well for what I came up with in a short order.  I also wish we had more insect-like options for tails.  Some thoraxes or stingers would be great for insect-themed characters.

Hunter Mantis, DB/Rad Scrapper.

"Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news. Bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. Good news is we've got a much better test for you: fighting an army of mantis men. Pick up a rifle and follow the yellow line. You'll know when the test starts."

765596519_HunterMantis.PNG.45ceb83b696a7754c772679198259d5e.PNG

• Like 12

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

1 hour ago, Conradigan said:

Latest creation:

Discord of Eris. Mind Control/Psionic Dominator.

Eris.png

Love the Tsoo tattoo glow!