Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Put this together last night... Max Damage!

Everything always went Max's way - until the day he won a fight he was supposed to lose. He doesn't remember the beating. Waking from a years-long coma, he discovered that his body had been rebuilt. He trained relentlessly to understand and master his augmented self. All the while, his sense of purpose came into sharper focus. His benefactors have never revealed themselves, communicating only through proxies. Despite their secrecy, they have always guided him on the path of righteous justice. Today, his path has brought him to Paragon City and the steps of Atlas Plaza. Here he will make a name for himself. Here... he will bring Max Damage.

maxfront.jpg.527cce9dc5ed4aaf9a22f5a611526ed0.jpg

maxback.jpg.b7031544d58ceb5e4f67bb00d45b5f81.jpg

• Like 7

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Put this together last night... Max Damage!

Everything always went Max's way - until the day he won a fight he was supposed to lose. He doesn't remember the beating. Waking from a years-long coma, he discovered that his body had been rebuilt. He trained relentlessly to understand and master his augmented self. All the while, his sense of purpose came into sharper focus. His benefactors have never revealed themselves, communicating only through proxies. Despite their secrecy, they have always guided him on the path of righteous justice. Today, his path has brought him to Paragon City and the steps of Atlas Plaza. Here he will make a name for himself. Here... he will bring Max Damage.

Awesome bio and costume

• Like 1

But I like costumes with a lot less flash.

What are you even doing here then?  :)

I get you on this.  The costume creator is great at flash, but not so much "less", I've had problems with it too, I wish we had a lot more "less flash" options.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Here's another in the "sometimes less is more" category.  This is a remake of the first character I got through Outbreak.  Many others were "dismissed" before they even talked to Flint - every time I tried for a superhero look, I created one uncomfortable monstrosity after another.  So I went the opposite direction and science-blapped some average Joe from 1943 into the present.

Still can't get a good texture match between the jacket and the slacks, though...

I5FWUho.png

• Like 2

Here is my namesake, Caulderone.  This isn't what he looked like in the old days, though the foundation is the same.  I discovered the Celestial Armor 3 backpack and the Victorian Decor aura and Phoenix Tail tail worked perfectly for my updated look.

s9XVVTi.png

QgmgfMW.png

Bio:

As a child, I was pulled through a portal to a strange land full of cultivators like you would read about in a Wuxia novel.  I was taken in by a small clan and taught to cultivate. When I came of age, I was able to awaken a Martial Spirit, even though I wasn't a native to the world.

My Martial Spirit is an Ice Flame. Yes, a flame composed of ice is odd, what can I say. I learned the clan's Martial Art, focused on avoidance, and added some Martial Techniques that allowed me to use the cold of my Ice Flame to attack my foes while also setting them on fire. The Battle Ring behind me, infused by my Ice Flame, helps to gather energy to fuel my attacks and absorb damage via the Runic Ice Shields phasing about my body.

Finally, I left to wander that alternate world and explore. Eventually, I stumbled upon a portal back to this world, my original home.

• Like 2

One of my latest little concept creations:

Nebel ("Fog" in German), one of the original 5th Column from back in the 40's (and in my little backstory for her, the reason why a lot of their troops are named "Nebel Rifle", "Nebel Soldier", etc).

Now she spends her time hunting down and murdering Council.

HXvKN6Z.jpg

Here's a few I'm proud of.

Brohemoth

Rad/Bio Brute – No special back story. Just your average bestial gym bro.

Pee0AuP.jpg

And his alt costume for funsies.

BRCj7M8.jpg

Rad Radio

Rad/Sonic Defender — Shock Jock Molly Ringworm was forever changed in 1985 during a freak accident when she asked her radio show guest, Gary Numan, to perform his hit "Cars" on an atomically powered synthesiser. Sadly, Gary didn't survive.

rOydBWT.jpg

Dr Migraine

Rad/Psi Tanker — No special back story... yet.

Gddws6B.jpg

• Like 7

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

The prismatic Conduit is more than a machine built by a mad scientist. Infused by the power of light, it gained a mind of its own. With it's power conductors, it can sap the energy from lifeforms as well as the environment. Storing vast amounts of energy in it's spheric capacitor, it is able to unleash focused bursts of energy at will.

Elec/Kin on EU blueside

Very cool! A visual spectacular!

• Like 1

But I like costumes with a lot less flash.

What are you even doing here then?  :)

I get you on this.  The costume creator is great at flash, but not so much "less", I've had problems with it too, I wish we had a lot more "less flash" options.

There is! there's as much non flash as flash! Experiment with parts, I'm not saying you're just taking a custom as a costume, take a custom, change parts, change all the parts. The customs are great as an idea, and idea's grow from that, just build slowly what you want, go through the whole range for every part, see what gels, be creative :)

• Like 1

Here's a few I'm proud of.

Brohemoth

Rad/Bio Brute – No special back story. Just your average bestial gym bro.

Pee0AuP.jpg

And his alt costume for funsies.

BRCj7M8.jpg

Rad Radio

Rad/Sonic Defender — Shock Jock Molly Ringworm was forever changed in 1985 during a freak accident when she asked her radio show guest, Gary Numan, to perform his hit "Cars" on an atomically powered synthesiser. Sadly, Gary didn't survive.

rOydBWT.jpg

Dr Migraine

Rad/Psi Tanker — No special back story... yet.

Gddws6B.jpg

These are great, especially Rad Radio :)

• Like 2

So here's a few of mine.

Blacken, Spines/Fire Brute, summoned from the nether realms:

kxwT8qS.jpg

Bytesize, an Elec/Shield Scrapper (also a rock'em sock'em robot):

GdWfmFt.jpg

Blazing Bolt, Fire/Fire Sentinel and my homage to a silver age style costume:

hjRfcmE.jpg

Fiasco, SS/WP Brute:

1FPgDq1.jpg

Gammgeddon, Rad/Bio Brute - probably my personal favourite:

iouridQ.jpg

Siphonic, Kin/Sonic Defender (yeah, I really like that cape):

6Amf9aO.jpg

Mechanicum, Bots/Time MM:

w56JxCH.jpg

Refraction, Ill/Rad Controller (did I mention I like that cape?):

k84nb1v.jpg

Trailblaze, Fire/Time Corruptor:

T45annu.jpg

...that's probably enough of an image dump for now!

• Like 5

unknown.png

My favorites so far. Pictured above are...

1st Row: [glow=red,2,300]Cap'n Capitalism [inv/SS Tanker][/glow], Umbrahawk [street Justice/Ninjitsu Stalker], Prime Viridian [Forcefields/Energy Defender]

2nd Row: Betty Goop [Water/Kin Corruptor], Alla Prima [Water/Empathy Corruptor], Firekracker [spines/Fire Brute]

• Like 4