Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I have been a fan of Marvel's Thor since the late 70s (read him earlier in The Avengers but did not read his individual comics). I've got nothing against people liking the character. But you know, there are other gods of thunder and it has prompted me to create a costume even if I do not want to actually create and play the character. (Why does the game deny my ankle bands?)

Chngo.thumb.jpg.f8e25d957504ee6607640b13572d15b8.jpg

I'm thinking a bio something along the lines of:

Oh, you were expecting a different god of thunder? The big Viking dude?

*Sigh*

Look, despite your media, he's red-headed, does not speak in faux-Elizabethan English, and really is not that bright. Did you know his "brother" once tricked him into trying to drink the ocean? Actually took a few inches off it from what I've heard. Not a bad guy but really sort of single-minded, if you know what I mean.

In any event, you should be much happier to have drawn the attention of a king of his people who wields a might axe...I mean really, a hammer? Hammers are for pounding stakes, axes are made for dealing with problems. So what is your problem now that you have my attention?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Player2 said:

There are many mythologies, each with their own thunder gods.  I was not expecting the Norse one, and presuming I was is... awfully presumptuous of you.

You're going to lip off to a god? One with an axe?

Bold. Unwise, but definitely bold.

Edited by Erratic1

39 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Perhaps I am also a god?  Or maybe just a civilian who's under the impression that a hero, god or otherwise, isn't someone to be feared... and if they are, then maybe they aren't so heroic after all.

Artemis and Apollo are considered heroic. When Niobe bragged that she had 7 sons and 7 daughters whereas Leto only had 2, Apollo and Artemis, Leto sent Apollo and Artemis to slay all of Niobe's children.

Notions of what is heroic apparently change over time. Or perhaps depending on who you are. Probably not wise to tell a god they are not heroic. 😛

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, Marshal_General said:

I made another costume that I don't what to do with for AT/sets/bio.

I wanted to do something with the Malaise pattern and this is what I came up with.

X2fcRey.png

You can barley see it, but I used the Valkyrie Crest on top. I also used white/black or black/white for the Malaise pattern. I am not sure which one.

I just wanna say that I really love what you did with this, I wasn't even aware of the radiance design options on the ascension pieces of gear until now, and you really integrated them well into this sort of tech samurai-esque design.

18 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

If this was the hero who was rescuing me, I'd run to the villain for safety.

Also what's the AT/Powers? Dying to know, nearly about to explode.

He’s a Traps/BeamRifle defender, mainly so I could have traps as the primary.

• Thanks 2

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

So, i really like to re-create my favorite characters in City of Heroes (i have only one original character). In my library i have some heroes(and villiains) i made based around other media. Here is a Hank J. Wimbleton from Madness Combat series. He is a blaster class with martial arts abilities.

bandicam 2021-03-11 18-30-25-346.jpg

Edited by dard22
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, biostem said:

Combining the artificial with the natural, I present to you "Robotanical":

robotanical2.jpg

robotanical3.jpg

robotanical5.jpg

robotanical6.jpg

robotanical1.costume 7.31 kB · 0 downloads

Bots/Nature MM? If so, man is that a fun combo; I love mine!

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

54 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Spyfall (DP/Ninjitsu), former Longbow secret agent "burned" by the Malta Organization, now working as a freelance superspy to take down their paramiltary conspiracy!

spyfall.PNG.6cf600a601b0daefeaacb7a5b65aed88.PNG  spyfall1.PNG.0b7291d6796f058a08dfa4e1f6b01aa3.PNG

The pop of red for the HUD is inspired. Works so well with those shades!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

1 minute ago, Virtual Green said:

Thanks! Given that he's a covert operative, I figured a small dash of color was all that he needed.. Although I'm considering making the glass glow and the HUD green..

See what it looks like. The red just works tho to me. Plus it's a minor callback to his days in the red & white uniform.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

11 minutes ago, Cutter said:

See what it looks like. The red just works tho to me. Plus it's a minor callback to his days in the red & white uniform.

That was the idea! But I'm thinking of switching his original organization to something more obscure, like the CIA's Omega Watch (mentioned in Agent Six's bio : https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Agent_Six )... It's a work-in-progress, ahah.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Sorry for the double post, but here's the aformentioned update on Spyfall :

spyfall2.PNG.3f04042e4161fa8bc8a8cf766fdc2830.PNG

Man, that's a tough choice, and I'm not familiar with his reference, but I think that green glasses glow and HUD look pretty awesome. I kinda like the bright pop. But like I said, such a tough choice because the red was pretty cool too in its subtlety.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster