Post your best costume designs here!

On 3/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, Marshal_General said:

I made another costume that I don't what to do with for AT/sets/bio.

I wanted to do something with the Malaise pattern and this is what I came up with.

X2fcRey.png

You can barley see it, but I used the Valkyrie Crest on top. I also used white/black or black/white for the Malaise pattern. I am not sure which one.

I just wanna say that I really love what you did with this, I wasn't even aware of the radiance design options on the ascension pieces of gear until now, and you really integrated them well into this sort of tech samurai-esque design.

18 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

If this was the hero who was rescuing me, I'd run to the villain for safety.

Also what's the AT/Powers? Dying to know, nearly about to explode.

He’s a Traps/BeamRifle defender, mainly so I could have traps as the primary.

• Thanks 2

Champions, DC Heroes, Underground: the Roleplaying Game. Not just a list of games I’ve played, it’s also a resume.

So, i really like to re-create my favorite characters in City of Heroes (i have only one original character). In my library i have some heroes(and villiains) i made based around other media. Here is a Hank J. Wimbleton from Madness Combat series. He is a blaster class with martial arts abilities.

bandicam 2021-03-11 18-30-25-346.jpg

Edited by dard22
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, biostem said:

Combining the artificial with the natural, I present to you "Robotanical":

robotanical2.jpg

robotanical3.jpg

robotanical5.jpg

robotanical6.jpg

robotanical1.costume 7.31 kB · 0 downloads

Bots/Nature MM? If so, man is that a fun combo; I love mine!

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

54 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Spyfall (DP/Ninjitsu), former Longbow secret agent "burned" by the Malta Organization, now working as a freelance superspy to take down their paramiltary conspiracy!

spyfall.PNG.6cf600a601b0daefeaacb7a5b65aed88.PNG  spyfall1.PNG.0b7291d6796f058a08dfa4e1f6b01aa3.PNG

The pop of red for the HUD is inspired. Works so well with those shades!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

8 minutes ago, Cutter said:

The pop of red for the HUD is inspired. Works so well with those shades!

Thanks! Given that he's a covert operative, I figured a small dash of color was all that he needed.. Although I'm considering making the glass glow and the HUD green..

1 minute ago, Virtual Green said:

Thanks! Given that he's a covert operative, I figured a small dash of color was all that he needed.. Although I'm considering making the glass glow and the HUD green..

See what it looks like. The red just works tho to me. Plus it's a minor callback to his days in the red & white uniform.

@Cutter

11 minutes ago, Cutter said:

See what it looks like. The red just works tho to me. Plus it's a minor callback to his days in the red & white uniform.

That was the idea! But I'm thinking of switching his original organization to something more obscure, like the CIA's Omega Watch (mentioned in Agent Six's bio : https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Agent_Six )... It's a work-in-progress, ahah.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Sorry for the double post, but here's the aformentioned update on Spyfall :

spyfall2.PNG.3f04042e4161fa8bc8a8cf766fdc2830.PNG

Man, that's a tough choice, and I'm not familiar with his reference, but I think that green glasses glow and HUD look pretty awesome. I kinda like the bright pop. But like I said, such a tough choice because the red was pretty cool too in its subtlety.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

21 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

Sorry for the double post, but here's the aformentioned update on Spyfall :

spyfall2.PNG.3f04042e4161fa8bc8a8cf766fdc2830.PNG

The green looks good.

My issue (and I totally recognize it as my own!) is that glowing green feels overdone. Where's the love for other colours? 🙂

• Haha 1

@Cutter

12 minutes ago, Cutter said:

The green looks good.

My issue (and I totally recognize it as my own!) is that glowing green feels overdone. Where's the love for other colours? 🙂

Despite what my username might indicate, I've got nothing but love for other colors. 😋 But considering I already have a DP character using the red-glow version of the Cybertech shades (a baddie, nonetheless), I tried differentiate my spy from that guy in that regard!

16 hours ago, biostem said:

Combining the artificial with the natural, I present to you "Robotanical":

robotanical2.jpg

robotanical3.jpg

robotanical5.jpg

robotanical6.jpg

robotanical1.costume 7.31 kB · 0 downloads

Good name (and costume.. 😃 )

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Spyfall (DP/Ninjitsu), former Longbow secret agent "burned" by the Malta Organization, now working as a freelance superspy to take down their paramiltary conspiracy!

spyfall.PNG.6cf600a601b0daefeaacb7a5b65aed88.PNG  spyfall1.PNG.0b7291d6796f058a08dfa4e1f6b01aa3.PNG

First time seeing DP with that chest piece - duh!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like this guy's costume, but his backstory is what draws me to him.  Readers Digest version: His wife and son were killed and enslaved by a demon.  He kills the demon, taking his crown and ruling over his plane of hell. Turns it into an idyllic world for his wife and son to live in.  The demon lords on adjacent planes dont take kindly to his methods, and have declared war on him.  Now he must kill evil people and take their souls so that he can conscript them into service protecting his realm from invading demons, so that his family can continue to live peacefully. 

Very darkity dark dark anti-hero Spawn type shit lol.

HellCrownCol1.png

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Final draft on Spyfall's main outfit! (and I promise I'm done with the guy afterwards!)

That is one of the hands down, best costumes I've ever seen. The color and patterns evoke the name the gun theme perfectly!

Edited by Erratic1
fixed typo
  • Like 1

Twice I have drawn inspiration from the design of Alan Moore's character, Promethea.

image.jpeg.1f3d47f8cf8fc7cca2c317f225883b6e.jpeg

The first time, at the launch of live, I took the colorations (hard to go wrong with white and gold) but did not (and could not at the time) replicate much in the way of Promethea's costume. Sadly I do not have an image of the character to share. With the launch of Homecoming my first character here was another visit the to well (she's back on page 11 of the thread).

Ju4Ty0q.jpg

Again proper colors and at least this time I got Hellenic sandals to work with.

While I do not have a new character in mind with which to gift the following, I have been drawn back to trying to get a more faithful homage to the original inspiration and have come up with the following:

Inspiria.thumb.jpg.2a9885f7c44d4aefa51bda099a4efc61.jpg

My mind shudders at the thought of combining Valkyrie (Norse), Roman, and Imperial (Chinese) elements, but I think it works. No, I did not use the Hellenic sandals this time...partly because having wings on both head and heels is something only Hermes/Mercury should attempt and adding a fourth culture to the mix would have pushed me mentally over the edge.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

That is one of the hands down, best costumes I've ever seen. The color and patterns evoke the name the gun theme perfectly!

That is high praise, thank you so much! 🙌

Love your Promethea look-alike, great job on rendering the costume IG.