Post your best costume designs here!

Having decided on Fire and Dark as powersets the name Ebonblaze presented itself as the logical choice (because no way Darkfire wasn't taken). Combined, the name and powers suggested the colors for the costume--black and orange. 

Problem: Black and orange are Halloween colors. (Incidentally the colors of one of my state's universities, something I've long mocked them for, because their original mascot was a tiger.)

I seriously considered dropping orange in favor of some other color, but worked at it, trying different approaches and what resulted looks pretty good to me even if the color palette diversity is extremely low. (Hmmm...how crazy can I get with colors?)

Ebonblaze.thumb.jpg.ca8073e547379c731fa2178c115f1098.jpg

• Like 3
On 3/15/2021 at 11:55 AM, First Player said:

Gearshift,  The robotic mascot for a Formula One racing team was created in an attempt to improve his pit crew's performance. A laboratory accident killed the teams driver but transferred his intellect and personality into the robotic body. Obviously inspired by Robotman.

Gearshift.png

Shut. Up.

Please promise me you’re donating your brain to science so we can all somehow understand one day how you think?

(...this is so bleeping good, just in case my awe is not coming thru)

Edited by Kaipto
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
12 hours ago, Kaipto said:

Shut. Up.

Please promise me you’re donating your brain to science so we can all somehow understand one day how you think?

(...this is so bleeping good, just in case my awe is not coming thru)

Haha, will do. And thanks, I appreciate it!

pg6qD0.png

On 3/19/2021 at 8:54 AM, Erratic1 said:

Having decided on Fire and Dark as powersets the name Ebonblaze presented itself as the logical choice (because no way Darkfire wasn't taken). Combined, the name and powers suggested the colors for the costume--black and orange. 

Problem: Black and orange are Halloween colors. (Incidentally the colors of one of my state's universities, something I've long mocked them for, because their original mascot was a tiger.)

I seriously considered dropping orange in favor of some other color, but worked at it, trying different approaches and what resulted looks pretty good to me even if the color palette diversity is extremely low. (Hmmm...how crazy can I get with colors?)

Ebonblaze.thumb.jpg.ca8073e547379c731fa2178c115f1098.jpg

Go for a more bronze color.

19 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

So something more like?

Ebonblaze2.thumb.jpg.0ab26ddd21b57acd507c6d1dd0e4f245.jpg

try from the black square on the left, go down 2 and over 4 or 5. Its a color right at the edge of orange and brown.

My character would look like this.

cCsoBGK.png

Edited by Marshal_General
9 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

try from the black square on the left, go down 2 and over 4 or 5. Its a color right at the edge of orange and brown.

My character would look like this.

Went 3 over. That lowered the contrast between top and bottom enough that I then decided to brighten the other colors thusly:

Ebonblaze4.thumb.jpg.2bd632f0c5132aafe9942ddf69155e21.jpg

I think your suggestion was a nice improvement. Thanks!

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1

Decades of giving 0-Flux! (that's his name)

I came back after a break and decided to roll a blapper. Here's some era appropriate costumes I made for him. A few of them made my wife groan loudly enough that I decided to share.

0Flux.jpg.png

• Like 11
13 hours ago, LlyranKeen said:

A few of them made my wife groan loudly enough that I decided to share.

How you know you have a winner on your hands. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3