Post your best costume designs here!

On 5/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, SirCowdog said:

Ok guys, so I went a little nuts with the character creator. This is totally not what I set out to create, but the pieces of the outfit just started to fall in place, so I had to run with it.  I REALLY need a good name for this hero/villain. Help me out?

qJrO4U9.png

It's got to be ... 

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

He's even got his own theme tune... 

• Like 4

New costume for my namesake. It's a bit on the nose, but really wanted to lean into the homage factor.

...Plus I saw some fan art of Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate that truly inspired me... this was the result.

MysticFortune2021.PNG.1a4dd5c33d83cd82346186e67282951e.PNGMysticFortune2021a.thumb.PNG.836bbb3f28795581383564e803d8267b.PNG

Edited by Mystic Fortune
  • Like 16

Another theme character who I am thoroughly tickled by and love the outcome. This is The Twisted Cobbler. Her bio is a WIP, but I like to hash the ideas I get out real quick so I don't forget them. Can't wait to actually play this girl!

TCBio.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bou
screenshot_210327-21-55-38.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210327-21-55-27.jpg?width=192
screenshot_210327-21-55-20.jpg?width=192

• Like 3

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Indom: Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM; Tyger Darkstorm - Dark/Storm Corr; Botanical Pathogen - Plant/Poison Troller

Everlasting: Helen Wails - Thermal/Sonic Def; Trixie Traxx - Crab Spider; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Troller; Lola Huntress - Night Widow; Frosty Forest - Ice/Nature Corr

The Saber Force Squad: Alpha - Fire/Rad Sent; Beta - Katana/Ninjitsu Scrapper; Gamma - Bots/EA MM; Delta - MA/Regen Scrapper; Epsilon - Rad/Fire Brute

8 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

New costume for my namesake. It's a bit on the nose, but really wanted to lean into the homage factor.

...Plus I saw some fan art of Pierce Brosnan as Doctor Fate that truly inspired me... this was the result.

MysticFortune2021.PNG.1a4dd5c33d83cd82346186e67282951e.PNGMysticFortune2021a.thumb.PNG.836bbb3f28795581383564e803d8267b.PNG

I love that faceplate but have never been able to make it work in any way I've ever liked, not once.  Every time I see it used elsewhere I think "I really should try that again," but then I do and...  I dunno, it might such a distinctive piece (like brain inna jar) that it doesn't actually have a lot of uses, at least to me (I still haven't gotten brain inna jar to work either).

• Like 1

50s (Indom and Excel):  Bluefox (Rad/Beam Rifle Corr), King Pumpkin Spice 🎃 (Mercs/Nature MM), Stupid Like A Fox (Time/DP Def), Poltergeist Prince (Darkness Control/Empathy 'Troller), Capt Sam's Space Zoo (Beast/FF MM), Snake Charming (Mind Control/Poison Troller), The Midnight Bridge (Storm/Rad Blast 'Fender)  Pawkysham Vex (Illusion/Trick Arrow Controller)  Piikal and P'Zhowm (Grav/Energy Dom)

23 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

My best effort in  2005...

Fate.jpg

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Vulpoid said:

My best effort in  2005...

Fate.jpg

This is one of those perfect moments to show how much the character creator and the costume options have expanded.

In 2005 - that WAS the best that anyone could do as an homage to Dr. Fate. And you did quite well back then!

But Mystic Fortune above shows what can be done NOW. 

City of Heroes costume/character creator literally changed the way people saw MMO potential back at release and continued to raise the bar until Sunset. The only one that matches it for options and creativity is Champions Online. But you have to BUY with real money SO many unlocks on that game to GET to all the options - and play a substandard game anyway - why would you do that when you can get THIS for FREE? AND the best Superhero game of all time? 

MICROPHONE RELEASED TO GRAVITY'S SWEET EMBRACE. 

BOOM!! 

• Like 8
On 3/30/2021 at 3:27 AM, Jawbreaker said:

Grav/Time controller

The Interdimensional

Interdimensional.PNG

I used those colours for my cyberpunk character after watching that Muse movie ...  The movie is pretty trashy, but quite inspiring for character design.

If you're going for that look, I'd put a little of the cyan from the logo on the character - maybe the illuminated strip on the jacket/pants? 

Also, don't be scared to upgrade that purple to bright pink when doing cyberpunks! 

Let's go crazy!
uF01n3w.jpg

Don't forget your '80s power shoulders.

Edited by Herotu
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, First Player said:

Never seen him before but that’s a cool look too!

I'm stealing both of these and there's nothing you can do about it, muahaha! *With a dramatic flourish, hides lower face behind cloak*

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, First Player said:

Never seen him before but that’s a cool look too!

My favorite part of this costume is being able to incorporate the slide power GFX. Mine is a water/storm defender, so it works really well. It is awesome when powers add that little extra to really make the costume shine. Every time I see a costume from you, I am like wow! I can't believe I didn't think of that, and like @Herotu said, I am stealing it! 

• Like 1

Since it seems we are posting Fire/ Ice characters...

Here's one of my mains; Matchlight - Fireblast / Cold Domination Corruptor.

She was a former Outcast with temperature manipulation powers.

matchlight1.jpg

matchlight2.jpg

• Like 12

Everlasting | Hullbreak - Tanker / Amarillo Starlight - Defender / Luna Spector - Controller / Captain Perplex - Corruptor / Brixton Jack - Blaster

Tips and Tricks when posting images:

1. Double clicking on an uploaded image allows for it to be resized in the post but still viewable at full size.
  2. There is an upload cap size. 

Tips and Tricks when viewing images:

1. The popup viewer allows viewing the fullsize image
  2. The popup viewer allows viewing all images in a post (back and forth)

If you have more Tips & Tricks please share them.

Additional Tricks:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Sooo.. I guess I am taking a non-voluntary break until November?!

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 3/31/2021 at 2:23 PM, Herotu said:

I'm stealing both of these and there's nothing you can do about it, muahaha! *With a dramatic flourish, hides lower face behind cloak*

What I noticed when I was stealing recreating the Celsius costume is the heaters on the back of the boots. The design is super-cool, or hot... well ... it's both, obviously.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, First Player said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Celsius, master of ice and fire!

This is seriously the best fire and ice character design I've ever seen.  How do you keep hitting one home run after another, First Player?  GIVE ME YOUR DNA!

• Like 1