Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

23 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

Is he man enough to go commando? 

Good god I hope not! 😛

But great looking costume, theme, and battle cry @Heraclea. But Arc/Dev; interesting concept. Never thought of that powerset combination before; especially on a Viking like character. How are you going to explain the more high tech items in the Devices set. If your going to go for the more low tech kind of theme that is. Please let me know as I am always curious about a characters theme so to speak, and how their powers relate to them. 🙂

And good morning too everyone... afternoon..? evening..?

Oh heck, I'll just say G'day Mate (ala Crocodile Dundee, who would obviously be a Beast/Nature MM 😁)

Peace...

• Like 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

16 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Good god I hope not! 😛

But great looking costume, theme, and battle cry @Heraclea. But Arc/Dev; interesting concept. Never thought of that powerset combination before; especially on a Viking like character. How are you going to explain the more high tech items in the Devices set. If your going to go for the more low tech kind of theme that is. Please let me know as I am always curious about a characters theme so to speak, and how their powers relate to them. 🙂

And good morning too everyone... afternoon..? evening..?

Oh heck, I'll just say G'day Mate (ala Crocodile Dundee, who would obviously be a Beast/Nature MM 😁)

Peace...

Maybe he is actually a Techno Viking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

lol...

Very cool sir Marshal. Which means if he is, ya gotta have him dancing tech after every mob he defeats. 😁

Peace...

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

3 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Good god I hope not! 😛

But great looking costume, theme, and battle cry @Heraclea. But Arc/Dev; interesting concept. Never thought of that powerset combination before; especially on a Viking like character. How are you going to explain the more high tech items in the Devices set. If your going to go for the more low tech kind of theme that is. Please let me know as I am always curious about a characters theme so to speak, and how their powers relate to them. 🙂😁)

He's magic origin, too. 

My thought process went.  Traps.... what kind of character would use Traps.  A hunter would use traps.  Who are some famous hunters from history and the public domain?  Herne the Hunter? ... no, not really, he's a ghost, basically a poltergeist.  Dick Cheney?  naaah, would have to level redside.  Nimrod!  Mighty hunter, from Genesis 10.   A king, he belongs in Crowned Heads.   And Nimrod is funny, too, because it's what Bugs Bunny used to call Elmer Fudd. 

So Nimrod the Hunter gets to Paragon City, wants to use traps, so he calls up Acme, and these are the ones they have in stock......

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Wow, thats so cool @Heraclea! I never met anyone in any game that incorporated Acme stuff from Loony Toons into their character concepts, even if it is only in passing. And I very much know Nimrod too as I made a Marvel Superheroes character named Nimrod as well, though your concept is far better then mine was lol. A fun fact though; Nimrod is also a Sentinel from the future who hunted down and killed Mutants in the Marvel Universe. Anywho, great job on the character and concept. Let us know how he turns out. 🙂

Oh and @Virtual Green, nice job on your character too. Grav/Time can be so much fun too. 😁

Peace...

• Thanks 1

I'm amazed that named wasn't taken already, that clip has been around longer than Youtube.

Fun Fact the Techno Viking actually sued and won (of course) a case against

the guy who shot the video that made him a famous meme.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

2 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

@Glacier Peak  The like is for the top one, with the trench coat- which I love.  The combination of pink and black is not one I would have considered, but makes for a surprisingly great effect when combined.   👍 

Not as wild about the armored version, tbh- no offense intended.

Yeah the trenchcoat one was a work in progress, the neon pink stands out really well, but it's hard to pull together a good look with the other costume parts. I'd say I'm halfway on that one. As for the armored, they can't all be winners 😁

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

@Glacier Peak , out of the three pics you posted on the previous page, I like the third one best. There's something about that look with the "Helper" tag above it that screams "I am here to help you whether you want it or not!"😁 But I really like your Stone Tank above the best. Great look, especially with the asymmetrical shoulder pad on its right shoulder. It's just enough to make it pop, ya know? As far as the other three go, I am with @Grindingsucks. The trenchcoat one is the better of the three, though does he have a belt? It sorta looks like he might be wearing one, but if he is might I suggest you make it more pinkish like the coats lines? At least so it breaks up the black on black between the pants and coat. And yes, the Valiant Voice character does scream Silver Age. Good reference. 👍

Peace...

• Thanks 1

Ok folks, I guess its that time again to play "The Toon is Right!" lol (the crowd groans at the bad pun... so sad... ). Ok, ok I'll stop lol. Without further delay...

The first one is Xanthia', a 9th lvl Grav/Time Controller. Yes she is sorta based on Starshines look, but it was so good I couldn't resist making something similar but differant too. Grav/Time is a cool set to play, but I am still learning how to use them together well. 🙂

The second one is Pig Pen, a 17th lvl Stone/DM Tank. And yes... he is the grown up version of Pig Pen from The Peanuts cartoon. I mean out of Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang, he was the only one who had a power for petes sake lol. Sure, it was just being incredibly dirty and stinky, but for some folks, that's a big time power lol. And so expanding on the theme, I came up with Pig Pen... the slinkiest Hero in town 😁...

And last but not least is Fire-Arm, a 10th lvl Fire/Rad Sentinel. And due to @Glacier Peak help and @TygerDarkstorm specific info (complete with pictures... thanks again guys btw), she was my first attempt at making a character using that concept. Though going further, I also searched for the Blaster type power that could be set to use one arm mostly, and this was the result. A Blaster type character wielding a cursed demonic gauntlet that has bonded itself to her forearm. Very fun and cool character, and fairly normal looking otherwise. And as I patterned her look specifically after a non-important NPC in game (though I gave her life 🙂 ), I wonder if anyone here knows where she is (though it should be obvious as I am sure many of you have seen her at least once in passing).

Anywho, that's it for now but there will be more coming I am sure... Hey! Stop groaning out there! I can hear you! 😋

Peace...

Xanthia'.jpg

Pig Pen.jpg

Fire-Arm.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Ok folks, I guess its that time again to play "The Toon is Right!" lol (the crowd groans at the bad pun... so sad... ). Ok, ok I'll stop lol. Without further delay...

The first one is Xanthia', a 9th lvl Grav/Time Controller. Yes she is sorta based on Starshines look, but it was so good I couldn't resist making something similar but differant too. Grav/Time is a cool set to play, but I am still learning how to use them together well. 🙂

The second one is Pig Pen, a 17th lvl Stone/DM Tank. And yes... he is the grown up version of Pig Pen from The Peanuts cartoon. I mean out of Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang, he was the only one who had a power for petes sake lol. Sure, it was just being incredibly dirty and stinky, but for some folks, that's a big time power lol. And so expanding on the theme, I came up with Pig Pen... the slinkiest Hero in town 😁...

And last but not least is Fire-Arm, a 10th lvl Fire/Rad Sentinel. And due to @Glacier Peak help and @TygerDarkstorm specific info (complete with pictures... thanks again guys btw), she was my first attempt at making a character using that concept. Though going further, I also searched for the Blaster type power that could be set to use one arm mostly, and this was the result. A Blaster type character wielding a cursed demonic gauntlet that has bonded itself to her forearm. Very fun and cool character, and fairly normal looking otherwise. And as I patterned her look specifically after a non-important NPC in game (though I gave her life 🙂 ), I wonder if anyone here knows where she is (though it should be obvious as I am sure many of you have seen her at least once in passing).

Anywho, that's it for now but there will be more coming I am sure... Hey! Stop groaning out there! I can hear you! 😋

Peace...

Excellent costumes - big fan of Pig Pen. There is something magical when a character name perfectly fits a costume concept! And I dig the gauntlet on Fire-Arm, I think the ascension gauntlet works really well with blasting characters.

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

@BjorJlen I love your Pig Pen character!

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Thank you, thank you. I very much appreciate the complements. I actually work very hard on the looks of any character I make once I have a concept down for them. Then once that's set, I write up the bio's. But sometimes, sometimes it just all clicks extremely well. I used to win many costume contests during live, and its nice to se that I haven't lost much of my touch. In the case of Fire-Arm (I can't believe that name wasn't taken too lol), sometimes less is more ya know? And while she IS only a Sentinel, she is still a blast to play... pun intended lol. And isn't that the real point in City of Heroes? To be creative, and have fun? 🙂 Which is why we should alays be thankful for the GM's and staff here that gave us the opportunity at a second chance to do exactly that, in a game we all love so much... Bless you all, and as always...

Peace...

P.S: Btw, I am always free to give anyone help on character concepts, looks, and/or bio's even. I can generally come up with a concept for anything one can think of given time lol. (Btw, I am going to be playing Fire-Arm tonight at some point, so feel free to say hi via a tell if ya want 😁.  a also got a new character I made last night that I'm gonna try out; a Ill/Rad Controller that I've never played before. I hear its a good solo set to play. Let me know if ya want to see her pic lol)...

Good Morning everyone... 🙂

Yes, it's that time again for another instalment of Character's I have made and am playing (at least in part) (Holy Bat Costume Batman!). So here we go...

The first one is called Warp', and she is a 16th lvl Grav/Kin Controller. As you can see she is for the most part just a slightly redone Pocket D dancer (which you can find in the Custom costume sets btw) and she is quite fun to play, and very cool to look at too 🙂. Like I think I have said before, Gravity is one of my favorite Controller power sets (Propel ftw! lol) and I never paired it with Kinetics before. So far its meshing very well, though I hesitate to use her to team with as Kinetics tends to make teammates say "Give me POWER!!!" lol. Kin is a highly sought after set to team with after all lol...

The second is Steel Maiden, a 8th lvl Ar/Inv Sentinel. I made her on live back in the day and she was always a blast to play (pun intended), and still is. It's a fairly simple design, and doesn't use many aura's so she was easy to use when I was only able to use my "disabled" laptop to play on lol. Her name used to be called Iron Maiden during live, but as the name was taken I changed it. I was waiting for the big update to hit live because Assault Rifle got a bit of a upgrade (supposedly, right?), and now that it is I think I will be playing her more now.

And finally we have Mr Masochist, a 4th lvl FF/Archery Defender. I made this character in response to this thread here: 

I made him yesterday and so far he is ok, though he's only 4th lvl atm. I automatically upgraded Snap Shot with 3 recharge SO's (which I normally do with most of my toons) so it has a fast attack chain even though it does minor damage (it has a 1 second recharge now because of it) and as you can plainly see by his design, he does look like a bit of a Masochist. And fyi, a Masochist is: "a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious (what kind of a masochist would take part in such a experiment)". His bio reflects this attitude, and with his sister (Ms Sadistic, who is the squishy red energy ball buff pet lol) and the Demon Imp that cursed him with Blood Magic (which enables him to create/generate red energy from blood to form his energy bow and force fields, he can't wait to go hunt, kill Skulls lol.

Anywho there ya all go for this instalment of BJ's costume extravaganza lol. See you all next time where I put out even more for you to see. See you all in the funny pages, and as always...

Peace...

Warp'.jpg

Steel Maiden.png

Mr Macocist.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, BjorJlen said:

I came up with Pig Pen... the slinkiest Hero in town 😁...

Pig Pen: That's right Villains! Smell my JUSTICE! rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Haha 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Pig Pen: That's right Villains! Smell my JUSTICE! rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Nuff said... 😋

tenor (7).gif

• Haha 3