Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 4/19/2021 at 8:00 PM, BjorJlen said:

P.S: Btw, I am always free to give anyone help on character concepts, looks, and/or bio's even. I can generally come up with a concept for anything one can think of given time lol.

We have threads for both of those things, when people want help with a look they post here

and for Bios help it's over here. You should take a spin through those and

see if there are open requests you can help out with. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Also the minor pedant in me would like to "point out"

that is Data's pointer/index finger & not his pinky. See what I did there? rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Ok guys, first time posting here, but I'm pretty proud of this costume/concept! Introducing, Arachnok. Born from the experimentation and torture of both Dr. Vahzilok and Lord Recluse. He has become something that is neither human, nor machine. He has become the embodiment of anger and fury in his decayed form. However, this anger was not toward the heroes he was taught to feel it for, but for the men who did this to him. After breaking his bonds of the two mad men, he is now set on revenge. Not just revenge toward those who defiled him, but toward any criminal who would do anything like this to anyone. He is Arachnok, Terror of the Vahzilok.   

Arachnok_Arachnos.png

Arachnok_Grandville.png

Arachnok_Sewer.png

• Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Way cool look @Steampunkette👍 👍 I do not know why, maybe its because of the color scheme, or costume itself, or something... but to me your character has a very unique and distinguished look to it. And it definitely looks like you put some time into it to get it "just right", though you might not have. Well done!

Peace...

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

Something I posted over in the Costume Request Thread for Sovereigne.

She seems to be getting a good response from people so I thought I would share.

I wrote the "why" of her design in the thread post over there if anyone is curious about it.

nfRxN3fY_o.jpg

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 14

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

I very much like the 1st and 3rd characters you made @Argus_The_Risen (especially the 3rd one), but the second...? I don't know... that experiment (😁) sorta makes my head hurt lol... ("Oh my god, I'm tripping with the Brady's!")

Peace...

• Thanks 1

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

9 minutes ago, Argus_The_Risen said:

Thanks for the feedback @BjorJlenWas pretty proud of the first and third one, but the second one was the "black sheep" of the bunch for sure! I just don't know how to get that monstrous, experimentation vibe fully. Consider him a bit of a work in progress 😉 

That's fine @Argus_The_Risen, it's always a work in progress. 😁 Just don't give up on him, and keep on truckin'...

Peace...

8 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

Way cool look @Steampunkette👍 👍 I do not know why, maybe its because of the color scheme, or costume itself, or something... but to me your character has a very unique and distinguished look to it. And it definitely looks like you put some time into it to get it "just right", though you might not have. Well done!

Peace...

My guess:  It is hard to get the decorative Roman pieces to feel natural with pieces that feel high tech, and @Steampunkette has managed to make it work.  The color scheme is really well chosen, too.

8 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Something I posted over in the Costume Request Thread for Sovereigne.

She seems to be getting a good response from people so I thought I would share.

I wrote the "why" of her design in the thread post over there if anyone is curious about it.

nfRxN3fY_o.jpg

Malaise is the best pattern 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

So this next character is one that makes me wish they'd find a way to increase the allowed length for in-game bios.

My main villain, both on live and HC, was Bruised Violet (dark/dark brute):

bv.jpg.f68c054efea1c390b34f510d691c5f87.jpg

At some point on live, I got the idea to make BV the younger sister of White Orchid (seen a few posts back), and I came up with a backstory for them. They were born and raised in the Dominican Republic. As teenagers, they were abducted by a magic-wielding supervillain named "El Demonio", who kept them captive for months while he performed evil, magical experiments on them.  Unbeknownst to El Demonio, however, his experiments had the side effect of instilling magical powers in the sisters, and one day, they unleashed those powers, overcoming their captor and escaping.

The sisters eventually made their way to Paragon City, where they became a crimefighting duo known as White Orchid and Blue Violet. Alas, time revealed that their time suffering at the hands of El Demonio had slightly different psychological effects on the sisters. Joselin (White Orchid) became resolved to grow strong enough to ensure that nobody else would have to suffer at the hands of evil like she and her sister had. Carmen (Blue Violet), on the other hand, resolved to grow strong enough that nobody could ever hurt her again. The practical result of that difference was that, while fighting criminals, Carmen tended to go quite overboard with the violence. Where Joselin was satisfied with subduing and arresting criminals to see they faced justice, Carmen preferred to administer severe beatdowns, instilling fear in criminals and feeling it was her duty to punish them.

That led to increasing disagreements between the sisters, with Joselin insisting that Carmen moderate her approach, and Carmen refusing. This caused a rift between the sisters, and by the time of the Shivan meteor attack on Galaxy City, that rift had grown. They went to Galaxy City together to fight the Shivans, but became separated in the fighting. When it was over, Carmen was approached by agents of Arachnos, and it didn't take much convincing for her to decide to relocate to the Rogue Isles. She had no intention of working for Arachnos, though. In her mind, operating in the Isles would give her the chance to fully unleash her powers. She would be surrounded by criminals everywhere she went, and nobody would bat an eye at her taking them out. In her mind, this was true heroism, but of course it eventually gave her the reputation of being a villain herself. She changed her "hero" name to "Bruised Violet", changed her color scheme from blue to purple, and she soon built a reputation as someone to fear. Meanwhile, Joselin mourned privately, believing her sister killed in the Shivan attack.

Eventually, though, Carmen began to regret her violent ways, and also to miss her sister. And so her journey back to the light began.

In-game, around level 47, I started her on the transition from Villain to Rogue, via alignment and morality missions. I maintained her as a rogue until level 49, at which point she returned to Paragon City. To avoid being identified as the villainous Bruised Violet, she changed back to a blue costume, including a mask for the first time since she wasn't ready to reveal her true identity yet. Along with the costume change, she again renamed herself as "Blue Celestina" (celestina is a blue flower that grows in the Dominican Republic).

bc01.jpg.cffe8597aae0a30b622230d75d3601f8.jpg

I started her doing Rogue -> Hero alignment missions, and she reached level 50 on the final alignment mission. She then completed the hero morality mission, "The Unusual Suspect" (seemed appropriate), and made the final transition back to Hero. After another costume change, this time without a mask, she plans to soon reunite with her sister.

bc02.jpg.9ec258e95bbed3de55a9a450d34f2a08.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 2

Blowin' in the Wind (like the song) ... 🙂

Peace...

• Like 1