Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

My latest experiment : Commander Kaiju (Energy/Bio Brute), a Japanese soldier who merged with a giant, radioactive lizard, and gained energy powers and the ability to switch between "forms" (a la Jeckyll and Hyde). He very soon became of Japan's most efficient protectors.

commanderkaiju.PNG.b1c5cdce0447953492189da1631a0c7b.PNG  commanderkaiju_1.PNG.519ae0924ab43d3f7bbcc33533a0c9bd.PNG

commanderkaiju1.PNG.2d863dce31432c109058d3e65ddb3a5a.PNG  commanderkaiju1_1.PNG.fb097c94e6fe5e7507911ed2d82e1324.PNG

• Like 25

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

My latest experiment : Commander Kaiju (Energy/Bio Brute), a Japanese soldier who merged with a giant, radioactive lizard, and gained energy powers and the ability to switch between "forms" (a la Jeckyll and Hyde). He very soon became of Japan's most efficient protectors.

commanderkaiju.PNG.b1c5cdce0447953492189da1631a0c7b.PNG  commanderkaiju_1.PNG.519ae0924ab43d3f7bbcc33533a0c9bd.PNG

commanderkaiju1.PNG.2d863dce31432c109058d3e65ddb3a5a.PNG  commanderkaiju1_1.PNG.fb097c94e6fe5e7507911ed2d82e1324.PNG

Excellent stuff

• Thanks 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Oh yeah, I saw Commander Kaiju on the discord some time ago. He's so freaking cool looking, man. Let me ask, are you able to make alts that are so wildly different from each other? A smaller human with a larger beast? Because that's awesome if so. Can you give them different stances and slightly different abilities?

----------------------------

The character below is my villain, Baron Bloodskull. I wanted to make a dude who could show up on the Venture Brothers, like that's the sort of feel I was going for. He accomplishes most things by giving orders to his zombie butlers.

screenshot_210507-05-04-57.jpg

• Like 7

And this is my 'hero' character, The Crimson Ghost.

(Well, 'Crimson Ghost' was taken. So this character is 'The Other Crimson Ghost'.)

The Skulls terrorized him and his family when he was younger, and it consumed his life until years later he could enact his vengeance upon them. He fights everyone, of course. But he wages war on the Skulls.

screenshot_210505-20-32-31.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LikeRacerX said:

Oh yeah, I saw Commander Kaiju on the discord some time ago. He's so freaking cool looking, man. Let me ask, are you able to make alts that are so wildly different from each other? A smaller human with a larger beast? Because that's awesome if so. Can you give them different stances and slightly different abilities?

Thanks, man, glad you like him!

You can actually have costumes with different body types by going to an Icon or Facemaker store and talk to the "Cosmetic Surgeon". That allows you to make a costume with a Huge or Female bodytype, even if your character started with a Male one.

That way, you can make size-changing characters (or even sex-changing!) a thing without having to resort to making multiple toons. 😉

• Thanks 1

Mars Ronin:

mr2.JPG.d90b8ed3981d3767b7818dd0cb054323.JPG

Mars Ronin (Gold/Silver Age):
mr1.JPG.9151d52a3ea8948522f5a4f3a9b17723.JPG

Branewave:
bw.thumb.JPG.efe2b89616414019b7ade86136a5f24d.JPG

Claws for closeup pose:
bw2.thumb.JPG.a651a9140539b643c40f13ea76ea598d.JPG
Spiked collar is the only thing that hides the small gap between the mask and neck. Kind of reads as a "mind control" type collar so I'm ok with it.

Incidentally my two of my favorite villain designs are Batman Beyond Shriek and Spellbinder. . .

• Like 10

On 1/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Player2 said:

Nice color scheme...  which has inspired me to make another bee-themed character, this time a teen hero:

Blaster Bee

Dual Pistols / Temporal Manipulation Blaster

RJIByOY.jpeglQ759Jt.jpeg

NwfSwDP.jpegFK1RJQw.jpeg

Blaster Bee is back, and her street-level gear has gotten a more Silver Age style superhero costume.

D3Ju8bl.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

Mars Ronin:

mr2.JPG.d90b8ed3981d3767b7818dd0cb054323.JPG

Man this is a bitchin' look! I may be stealing parts of it later lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

Blaster Bee is back, and her street-level gear has gotten a more Silver Age style superhero costume.

D3Ju8bl.png

Whornet is a public defender by day, prosecuting human traffickers. By night she rescues youth at risk of exploitation. 

screenshot_2008-02-16-22-29-29.jpg

• Like 6

Hi guys, been away for a while, but i have returned with new alts, as seems to happen... 😄

A new robot of course, 'The Perforator' DP/MC Blaster. He has a bit of an attitute, and he perforates!

Perforator001.jpg.bcdf1b56c58ba026047b33014002085a.jpg

And a new English themed hero, 'Albion Hawk', KM/INV Scrapper. Both are a lot of fun so far.

AlbionHawk001.jpg.c50f487b5125b7a4b5368e58b7db16d7.jpg

Cheers for looking, and be safe.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't say it's my best costume, but it is one of my favorites from all the MMOs I've played in the last 20ish years.

From CoV beta until sunset my main was a MM. He started as Bots/FF and after CoV went live was changed to Bots/Traps. He was a mentally disturbed idiot savant of a boy who could turn almost anything into a toy to do his bidding even if the science didn't quite line up. His part lists for his gadgets included biological resources and he didn't understand why this upset other people.

Part of his inspiration was the movie "Virus", the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life", and the realization that a lot of kids in the mental health system don't get the care they need because the system resists labeling them with such disorders as borderline personality, schizoaffective, or narcissism regardless of their symptoms.

More than one person told me he was difficult to RP with or that they refused to do it any more. He wanted to be a real hero but he was not cut out for it so he because a petulant and sometime murderous rogue. So, not the best looking or a hit at parties, but special to me. 

This is as close to his original costume I think I can get.

Mantenna.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Hi guys, been away for a while, but i have returned with new alts, as seems to happen... 😄

A new robot of course, 'The Perforator' DP/MC Blaster. He has a bit of an attitute, and he perforates!

And a new English themed hero, 'Albion Hawk', KM/INV Scrapper. Both are a lot of fun so far.

Cheers for looking, and be safe.

Welcome back H3NRI. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 4

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Craze                                                                    Gold Rusher

Beast Mastery / Sonic Resonance Mastermind                                      Dark Melee / Willpower Scrapper

Ix0OlfB.png     GF483wW.png

• Like 6

He Floweth Over (SR/Rad Tanker): A basement-dwelling 52-YO seasoned MMORPG gamer, turned superhero upon eating a strange pickle during an eating contest. 

image.png.017b62ca3aaae54d19a7ba1a09452919.png

Rancher Joe (Demon/Cold MM): He grew crops and livestock until cheap imports ruined him. He turned to harvesting demons instead.

image.png.a71134fdf7bd0398e6f8b376d2024b58.png

Get My Point (Archery/Tactical Arrow Blaster)

image.png.cc0c7ba6bf12db8f4facc10f2e806f80.png

Top Thug (Thug/Storm MM): He commands a gang of politicians and spews hot air of his own.

image.png.2035d97f64018c98e6caeaa566ef7765.png

SHUT UP WESLEY (BR/TM Blaster): You choose not to answer? 

image.png.3ba88c14fe597d318b4b14c8b971fe60.png

YOLO the Deranged (WM/WP Brute): A children's birthday clown turned evil.

image.png.84d5e8ecba96718f2f07949949cb7339.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

It's the ability to make and play characters of this sort that made me fall in love with the game all over again after I took a break in the aftermath of GDN and ED.   This is my most recent stab at a historically informed, pure concept character, a staff/ninjitsu scrapper built as a female version of the Roman retiarius gladiator.  The retiarius was a light gladiator using nets to snare his opponent while stabbing at them with a trident:

spacer.png

This is my CoH genderbent interpretation:

RETIARIA.JPG.19bf6b950e1989e466e9daac58348256.JPG

• Like 7
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Man, you guys take a lot of great pictures. Mine aren't as good, but I need to show this guy to somebody.

So, this is MURDERMAN. Light homage to Casey Jones, and one of my favorite archetypes: The vigilante on a budget.

Spoiler

spacer.png

He uses a war mace(usually sledgehammers, pipe wrenches and things like that) with a shield(either stop signs, manhole lids or the occasional 'borrowed' riot shield. This is one of many alternate looks he has, since he doesn't have a 'strict' costume I decided to give him lots of little different fashion days.

However, he does exist in a four color, superhero setting. He's seen guys like Statesman on the news, so he gets what a hero is 'supposed' to look like. So this is his attempt at a more 'traditional' superhero look:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I like this because it's him honestly trying to put in some sort of effort, but he's still MURDERMAN. So it's still messy and chaotic and kinda ugly. Anyway, this is my character.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Hey Christopher, thanks pal, how are you doing?

Doing really good, in fact you just missed out on my first forum contest series (see my sig).

How have you been? Done any more work on that Robot H3NRI comic or any more painting/jewelry?

Also, some cool costumes there, welcome to the best part of the forums @Littlun & @LikeRacerX. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png