Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Nice one @Doogleburg and welcome to the best part of the forums. zb7XgP0P_o.png

There's a bunch of people finding their way home recently

and even some totally new players, it's great!

@Yellowjacket Cool drawing and nice work adapting the costume.

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Greetings all. Well it is yet time again for me to post some of my Character creations as I haven't done so in a while, so without further adu...

The first one is a Blindfold, a Mind/Psy Dominator. My SG (The Legion... A great group btw... hi guys!) is going to be running this event this coming Monday (Theater of the mind, an all psi melee/blast, illusion, mind theme), and so as I don't have much experience with Mind/Ill/Psi in general, I created several characters that was a mixture of these sets, and what I came up with was Blindfold. And so far I am liking it immensely... 🙂

Blindfold.thumb.jpg.2d9198a87cd567aff16a0c05041cf1a8.jpg

The second character on the list is the Golden Xun, a Dm/Ea Brute. As I only create concept characters and like to make challenging ones, the concept for her is that she is a super speedster who's mutant powers come from being exposed to tachyon particles. As such I only use Shadow Maul, Sands of Mu, and Flurry of Blows (for the most part) as her melee attacks in combination with other non-melee powers in the sets (like Siphon Life, Super Speed, etc). And so far I like the character very, very much as she is fast as heck, and looks great in a fight (despite only relying on those three melee attacks for the most part, even though they are far from the best)... 😁

759634353_GoldenXun.thumb.jpg.f39c367007d13c998053c9040d4de5e8.jpg

And last but certainly NOT least is a character I made in homage to the Super Group I am in, the Legion, so I present to you the Spirit Legion, a Db/Em Blaster. The concept for this one is that it is a magical construct created 1,900 years ago during the height of the Roman Empire at the command of Emperor Hadrian. It has two purposes... one being that it was made to act as the ultimate Legionare and ensure that his armies did not run from battle, and two it was created to entomb the spirit of Da'Kali, the Mayan Demi-Goddess of Darkness.

For the longest time I have tried to make some sort of Blaster, Controller, Dominator (etc) with dark powers, but for one reason or another it never felt right to me; until now. And Da'Kali was the character I made and used to try out these concepts and powers. So as I finally made a character who's dark powers I actually LIKE the feel of, and work fairly well together, I wrote this characters bio in such a way as to not only use the Spirit Legion's look as a homage to my SG, but also as to use Da'Kali as well (as I use my 2nd costume slot for her (she comes out every now and then in the heat of battle lol). It was a long haul, but finally I got a Dark character concept and set that works for me...

Not to mention that I am finally able to use Da'Kali herself as a semi nod to Sir @Snarky, as I sorta like him being a ornery Vampire... person lol. So even though she is on hero side. being entombed within the Spirit Legion as she is, your not alone anymore @Snarky lol... 😁

1833186163_TheSpiritLegion.thumb.jpg.5d191499b969895675b023961ec83daf.jpg

1868912675_DaKali.thumb.jpg.1b5133f98921b1d2c52ab2f90c7be9e6.jpg

So there ya go folks; three (four) characters for you to look over. Now I just gotta post all the others I got lol. Have a great one, and as always...

Peace...

P.S: @Snarky, let me know what you think of Da'Kali too (and please, show us YOUR Vampire character too while your at it😁)...

• Like 6

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

33 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Greetings all. Well it is yet time again for me to post some of my Character creations as I haven't done so in a while, so without further adu...

The first one is a Blindfold, a Mind/Psy Dominator. My SG (The Legion... A great group btw... hi guys!) is going to be running this event this coming Monday (Theater of the mind, an all psi melee/blast, illusion, mind theme), and so as I don't have much experience with Mind/Ill/Psi in general, I created several characters that was a mixture of these sets, and what I came up with was Blindfold. And so far I am liking it immensely... 🙂

Blindfold.thumb.jpg.2d9198a87cd567aff16a0c05041cf1a8.jpg

The second character on the list is the Golden Xun, a Dm/Ea Brute. As I only create concept characters and like to make challenging ones, the concept for her is that she is a super speedster who's mutant powers come from being exposed to tachyon particles. As such I only use Shadow Maul, Sands of Mu, and Flurry of Blows (for the most part) as her melee attacks in combination with other non-melee powers in the sets (like Siphon Life, Super Speed, etc). And so far I like the character very, very much as she is fast as heck, and looks great in a fight (despite only relying on those three melee attacks for the most part, even though they are far from the best)... 😁

759634353_GoldenXun.thumb.jpg.f39c367007d13c998053c9040d4de5e8.jpg

And last but certainly NOT least is a character I made in homage to the Super Group I am in, the Legion, so I present to you the Spirit Legion, a Db/Em Blaster. The concept for this one is that it is a magical construct created 1,900 years ago during the height of the Roman Empire at the command of Emperor Hadrian. It has two purposes... one being that it was made to act as the ultimate Legionare and ensure that his armies did not run from battle, and two it was created to entomb the spirit of Da'Kali, the Mayan Demi-Goddess of Darkness.

For the longest time I have tried to make some sort of Blaster, Controller, Dominator (etc) with dark powers, but for one reason or another it never felt right to me; until now. And Da'Kali was the character I made and used to try out these concepts and powers. So as I finally made a character who's dark powers I actually LIKE the feel of, and work fairly well together, I wrote this characters bio in such a way as to not only use the Spirit Legion's look as a homage to my SG, but also as to use Da'Kali as well (as I use my 2nd costume slot for her (she comes out every now and then in the heat of battle lol). It was a long haul, but finally I got a Dark character concept and set that works for me...

Not to mention that I am finally able to use Da'Kali herself as a semi nod to Sir @Snarky, as I sorta like him being a ornery Vampire... person lol. So even though she is on hero side. being entombed within the Spirit Legion as she is, your not alone anymore @Snarky lol... 😁

1833186163_TheSpiritLegion.thumb.jpg.5d191499b969895675b023961ec83daf.jpg

1868912675_DaKali.thumb.jpg.1b5133f98921b1d2c52ab2f90c7be9e6.jpg

So there ya go folks; three (four) characters for you to look over. Now I just gotta post all the others I got lol. Have a great one, and as always...

Peace...

P.S: @Snarky, let me know what you think of Da'Kali too (and please, show us YOUR Vampire character too while your at it😁)...

That is a beautiful creation, in the evilest way.  My art tends more toward representation and copying.  i am not bad at it.  But I always appreciate people who create dramatic new edgy things.  Very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't interact much with the community, but I like this thread so I thought I'd share a few designs of my own!

First and foremost, the Yellow Dwarf, Science Sentinel with Energy Blast and Radiation Armor. Just a bunch of sapient star matter shoved into a suit.

(The other side of the cape is orange-ish yellow, in a call-back to the Mylar used on the old moon landers)

yellowdwarf.png.53c807b207048b7543ae5cefa19d93c8.png

And the Shieldmaid (all the variations of Shieldmaiden were sadly - and unsurprisingly - taken, though Merriam-Webster assures me that Shield-maid is an acceptable variant), Tech Tanker with Shield Defense (duh) and Super Strength:

shieldmaid.thumb.png.8045626e26b06491592562fe0eef1f80.pngshieldmaidon.png.3862f93a2953e5a559e32dfcd44ddd60.png

And a secondary costume that is currently unused until she levels up a little:

shieldmaid2.thumb.png.6f5b94e45892151cec0ca5db3ff8e3b3.png

(I do seem to have a thing for white and yellow patterns)

• Like 14

Thank you for the kind words. It took a while to get the look down, but I gotta say I love the look too. And I am soooo happy now that I finally have a dark set that feels good, is fun to play, and fits her well. Was a struggle, but it finally payed off...

Now where's yours @Snarky? lol 😋

(Still wanna see it)

Peace...

• Like 2

Please come and join us on Friday at 2pm Central Time for our Friday Fashion Costume Contest (see the link below). We all hope to see you, yes YOU, there... And if you also wish to join our happy group, the Celestial Warriors SG, please feel free to join our Discord (see link below), and/or contact GL herself (Global is @Laucianna), or any of us if we are on in fact... 🙂

Friday Fashion Costume Contest On Excelsior (2pm Central Time)...

The Celestial Warriors Discord Channel...

@Pdxknice work with Yellow Dwarf and Shield Maid and welcome to the best part of the forums.zb7XgP0P_o.png

I ran into much the same on one of my mains and ended up incorporating

her name, Dara into it making her Shieldara.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

13 hours ago, Commune said:

COURAGE.png

Is there a story with the red and blue? Does that tie into his powers?

Also, here's a character I've been having a lot of fun with. Meet the Fisherman King, a mutant who doesn't know why he can do the things he can do. In his imagined backstory I'm imagining him roaming the seven seas for several years before finally deciding to try out the 'hero' thing for real. He may or may not have raised some hell in a quiet little fishing town called Innsmouth.

spacer.png

I can't decided if I like that look better, or this one:

oaU7fiy.jpg

I think if I was allowed to wear a shirt over that chest I'd use it more often. But, it is what it is.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LikeRacerX said:

Is there a story with the red and blue?

When I looked at the red/blue, and the "Agent of S.H.I.F.T" bit, I assumed it was a reference to "red shift" and "blue shift" with regard to the light spectrum. Just a guess, of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, Littlun said:

He Floweth Over (SR/Rad Tanker): A basement-dwelling 52-YO seasoned MMORPG gamer, turned superhero upon eating a strange pickle during an eating contest. 

image.png.017b62ca3aaae54d19a7ba1a09452919.png

This reminds me of my character "Fallout Bull" (formerly "Roentgen Bull", formerly "Rad Bull"). He's a SS/Rad brute who gained his powers via drinking way too many energy drinks. I gave him Super Leap for his travel power, because I felt it fit the theme :)

This is a very subdued look compared to others. But meet Detective Vlad Hannibal. Who only works the night shift, and mostly gets put on the 'dead end' cases involving ghosts and things that go bump in the night. Just don't ask about what he spikes his coffee with.

spacer.png

• Like 4