Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 7/26/2019 at 6:50 AM, Kaligari said:

CONTROLLERS_2.png

CONTROLLERS_1.png

Lovely work! Toxic Combustion looks incredible with that ribcage chest emblem overlaid on top of the bio armor - took me a minute to figure out that it wasn't a client-modded costume piece. Is Elementhal a Mender? He's wearing the colors for it...

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

This is my main from back on live, Extor Prime. He is an Ill/Cold controller and I play and present him as an "off-brand Green Lantern". Not terribly creative I know, but I like the looks of these costumes I made. The Arachnos costume I put together when I switched to redside to get access to patron pools, and played it off as an undercover mission. My goal was to create an edgy-looking aspiring Arachnos operative, I think I did OK.

ExtorCostumes.jpg

• Like 6

Cross-posting from HERE.

Decided to go and stand out in the courtyard of the Steel Canyon University for these pics of my Warshade ... Ms Terry.

Note that the rockets (boots and backpack) "work" during Teleports via Shadow Step.  I also happen to think that the Rocket Boots make for a nice "muscular calf" silhouette, particularly with tights on the legs, when using the color scheme that I am here.  You should also have no problems recognizing the overall color palette and hairstyles for my Warshade. 😎

Formal Wear

This is a Wedding Tux worn over Witch Leather (chest and legs) and Rocket Boots.  There's even a Bow Tie (shoulders) to complete the look.

This is the go-to default costume for my Warshade, since it is elegant and classy while also being thematic and distinctive.  It also isn't (at first glance) obvious what costume pieces were used to make it, making it a bit of an interesting puzzle to work out when first seen.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Roman Valkyrie

This uses a mix of Imperial (chest and belt) with Roman elements (shoulders and chest detail) and a Bridal Mini-skirt, along with a Victory Laurel and Hellenic Sandals complete with gloves.  A High Mantle is used with a Long Valkyrie Cape, because when in Cimerora ... as a Warshade you're there as a chooser of the SLAIN ... I mean, after all, what else is your Stygian Circle power for (aside from devouring souls and using them as chew toys)?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Sexy Baron

This is the Occult Baron Jacket and Sleeves over Carnival of Light (chest and legs) with Rocket Boots.  Note the Bow Tie (shoulders) accent.

The thing I like most about this costume is that it would be downright embarrassing to be seen without the Baron Jacket, since the Carnival of Light pieces are REALLY skimpy on the material(!) ... but with the Baron Jacket on it becomes more of a "sexy tease" type of a costume, since it is possible to see flesh with it, but such glimpses are fleeting rather than being "in your face" (so to speak), heightening the overall allure of the costume.  It makes you wonder what would be revealed if she took that Jacket off ...

spacer.pngspacer.png

Mecha Warshade

This is all Mecha parts except for the Rocket Boots (which are "sleeker" than the Mecha Boots) and Helmet (which is a mix of Valkyrie, Samurai and Warrior parts) to complete the "armored" look.  In this case, I wanted to have a least ONE of my costumes be an "armored" type of look for those times when dealing with particularly hazardous/toxic/noxious environments would be called for.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Stylish Club Girl

This is a mix of Mini Vest Jacket over Carnival of Light (chest) with Circle of Thorns (belt) and Bridal Mini-skirt.  Small Shoulders, Fingerless Gloves and Strappy Shoes round out the ensemble.  This is essentially "casual wear" for my Warshade when she's taking "a night on the town" and enjoying herself.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Victory Toga

This is the Unique Top with a Butterfly Tassle (belt) and using a One Shoulder Mantle Long Cape.  Fingerless Gloves, a Victory Laurel and Hellenic Boots complete the set for this most classic of mediterranean fashion styles, emphasizing everything it should (and nothing it shouldn't!).  Also great for toga parties!

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

(Nothing really fancy about this, more of a fun concept.)

I rolled up a character named "Cybernetic Queen", named for a song about a sexbot by German power metal band Iron Savior. I decided to start her out looking robotic/Clockworky, and have her gradually upgrade her body with more human-looking parts.

cq01.jpg.5961c9dbac92f05cdf1fe085c0de4690.jpg

cq02.jpg.1ed9903f8dd10b719085789f44b6fec2.jpg

cq03.jpg.6bcfeb21286d2edc7217963e1756e82b.jpg

cq04.jpg.8516a1e4629bc8e8f2a57892540eb69e.jpg

And then she gives them

All their fantasies

Their lust and dreams

She brings them down

Down to their knees

Cybernetic queen of passion

Is guaranteeing satisfaction

And while she burns in fire

Melting down in sweet desire

Her heart stays cold

(Based on the lyrics, she's a Fire/Ice scrapper)

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 3

On 8/24/2019 at 11:29 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

I actually posted this in another thread, but I might actually use it for myself.

May as well Red, I am already using what I

posted in that same thread, I'm calling him Prophet Frost.

bbAA2Nb9_o.jpg

• Like 10

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Okay I don't generally share my costume designs but I have a few in the art forums already

and I am really happy with how this one turned out. Also she's been getting a lot of

compliments in game, so here then is my new Radiation /WillPower Scrapper

Violetta Arilouallay. (just Violetta was taken already, go figure rFYv2e1c_o.gif)

XuiI8ini_o.png13nXlGv1_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 19

07K1tHnz_o.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Okay I don't generally share my costume designs but I have a few in the art forums already

and I am really happy with how this one turned out. Also she's been getting a lot of

compliments in game, so here then is my new Radiation /WillPower Scrapper

Violetta Arilouallay. (just Violetta was taken already, go figure rFYv2e1c_o.gif)

ONl8kmaa_o.png7UyToRgp_o.png

SPIFFY! I love it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BnHKHKb.jpgvTHWEmN.jpg

Captain Union and his Praetorian counterpart Centurion Invictus. Both SS/Inv Brutes.

lgbiCxD.jpgcZTfRB1.jpg

Arclight - Elec/Elec Sentinel.

Sister Mystica - Ill/Dark Controller.

r0XA0Uh.jpgP4OZfgM.jpg

Valhalla - WM/Elec Scrapper.

Silver Titan - WP/SJ Tanker.

vb9lKIa.jpgLFFg3OD.jpg

Narada - Warshade.

Captain Epic - Peacebringer.

8XQgQRv.jpg2uZ2BFK.jpg

X-Machina - Bots/FF Mastermind.

Night Phantom - SJ/Ninjitsu Stalker.

MlYMUkb.jpg2NJUwQA.jpg

Radiant Decay - Rad/Rad Sentinel.

Mistress DeMorte - Necro/Dark Mastermind.

cXj83h6.jpgWwjnXDC.jpg

Captain Dreadbeard - Water/Bio Sentinel.

The Shadowmaster - DM/DA Stalker.

zzxRQQV.jpg8NWnGC2.jpg

Black Scarab - Necro/Dark Mastermind.

The Knightmare - DM/DA Brute

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, franzkafka21 said:

How do you guys take screenshots of the ID screen? I can't for the life of me figure it out 🤣

I'm on Mac and the Screenshot tool is easy to use but... Assuming you are on PC, different ways work for different set ups but one common work around I remember is having another window on top of CoH by just a bit, then use Print Screen... Then crop to taste.

And one of my favorite costumes...  It's actually just on a "holder" toon but I love this costume...

457278839_ScreenShot2019-08-31at11_20_38PM.png.3d328dc5fe31e096434d454521f2b3c9.png

• Like 4

14 hours ago, franzkafka21 said:

How do you guys take screenshots of the ID screen? I can't for the life of me figure it out 🤣

Heya Franz, you don't specify but I am assuming you have a Windows

machine and know about the PRT/SCN button on your keyboard already?

Some people have macs(eww rs4wmRnk_o.gif) or run Linux but they will usually specify if so.

The easiest way if you have a multi-monitor setup click over into the 2nd

monitor and then move the mouse back to the screen with the game

but don't click the mouse and take your screenshots from there.

If you have only one monitor, as Caemgen said, open a small window (like

the calculator) in front of the game and move it out of the way and take pics then.

You see the problem you and many others have is Windows will take a pic of what is

in the background so by clicking on the other monitor or opening calculator in the foreground

you move the game to the background and then you can take pics of it. There are other screenshot apps

that people say get around the issue but if you don't want to buy/install anything just use one of those methods.

Another way is to set your taskbar to autohide and then with the game open press the windows key twice

about 2 seconds apart. The first press brings a menu in front and pushes the game to the background

and the 2nd press hides the menu but leaves the task bar open in front and the game open behind.

Finally if you don't want anything open in front of the game or to worry about foreground and background

you can just go into the settings when you log in and temporarily set the game to "windowed mode"

so it plays in a window instead of full screen, enlarge the window to take up 99% of the screen

and take all the shots you want and then go back to settings and make it "full screen"again.

Those are all the methods I am aware of that don't involve new software,

hopefully one of them gets you what you want. Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

07K1tHnz_o.png

6 hours ago, EggKookoo said:

In Win10, if you press the Windows key and then PrtSc it will save a copy in your default Pictures/Screenshots folder.

Yep covered that method above.

8 hours ago, OminousVoice said:

I ran the game through Steam and used the Steam overlay's screenshot feature (F12)

That one I had not heard of, if you already have steam I guess that is a work around that doesn't take much extra to do.

2 hours ago, franzkafka21 said:

Thanks for all the tips, I manage to make it work!....................

You're welcome. zb7XgP0P_o.png

• Like 3

07K1tHnz_o.png