Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

A CoH rendition of a character idea I've played around with for a while, as far back as Champions (where they've got 9 souls instead of five) I also attached the Sentinels Comics versions descriptions on whom I based most of their appearances. Basically, Acacia, Athena, Ophelia, and Lydia got spawned off of magic bound up in cursed customs and/or fandom collectibles. There are some differences of course (the robot Ophelia is based on doesn't care about clothing, the anime demon Lydia is based on is a bit more academic in costume preferences where as Lydia leans heavily into the succubus aesthetic. Acacia doesn't like the villain aesthetic she started with but does have a case of the 80s. Athena liked what she started with.)

I changed the powers up a bit from the Sentinels version for reasons of game limits.  I went with Fire/Martial Dominator due to Athena and Lydia being the most expressive personalities of the five and Megan a close third. I'm assuming it's Ophelia's power that generates the endless shurikens.

No keybinds for this yet. Eventually, I plan to get her 3 builds so I can have a very scrapptroller build for when Athena takes the reins, for example.

Hmm... this might be better in the bio thread....

image.thumb.png.90bd7eb04275d3160191ab62d3762195.png

image.thumb.png.06797b0e4fe0b2efbc694e0924fca956.png

Edited by Thrythlind
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Robothenri said:

Bit of a triple tribute character from me next.

A tribute to the rock legend himself!

A tribute to a favourite comedy duo from NZ.

and a tribute to a character posted here by @Trike , although our characters are completly unrelated, that missing shoe just gave me the seed of an idea...

I'd always wondered when you see a single shoe laying in the road, how did it get there? Surely if your shoe fell off in the street, you'd notice!

And what if you happen to be an interplanetary traveller from the stars? That shoe could be anywhere man! Where would you even start looking....

'The man who lost a shoe' - Grav/Dark DOM.

Wow... when you said that gave you an idea the other day, I wasn't expecting something this involved. This is like Tolkien going, "Oh, elves, eh? That gives me an idea..." 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Player2 said:

Was feeling domineering tonight...

Checkout                                                      Delay

Mind Control / Psionic Assault Dominator                                  Ice Control / Ice Assault Dominator

6EEKuNa.png   9EKsl15.png

Do you play on Everlasting? The other night I thought I saw a comment referencing a character named Checkout fly by in the General chat at one point.

16 minutes ago, Yellowjacket said:

You have no idea how happy I am to see someone else that knows Dr. Horrible. 😁

More on topic, I can't bring myself to straight create a replica, so to speak, of a franchised character, but as a Star Wars nerd, I couldn't resist making a character who has chosen to IC'ly base herself off of the Sith. I've shown her off before, but since she's on theme, here's Voltarra - Electric/Ninja Blaster

LZKfgFa.png

Edit: Oh, I lied, I did sort of rip off of a franchised character. My human-form WS is Elfvira. I gave a reason for the homage in her bio, but yeah, I do have an homage to the Mistress of the Dark. 🙂

1qCZ3Cd.jpg

Edited by TygerDarkstorm
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

13 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

You have no idea how happy I am to see someone else that knows Dr. Horrible. 😁

More on topic, I can't bring myself to straight create a replica, so to speak, of a franchised character, but as a Star Wars nerd, I couldn't resist making a character who has chosen to IC'ly base herself off of the Sith. I've shown her off before, but since she's on theme, here's Voltarra - Electric/Ninja Blaster

LZKfgFa.png

Edit: Oh, I lied, I did sort of rip off of a franchised character. My human-form WS is Elfvira. I gave a reason for the homage in her bio, but yeah, I do have an homage to the Mistress of the Dark. 🙂

1qCZ3Cd.jpg

Love it, they look great!

As a rule I never* take any direct ripoffs past the character creator.

I thought Dr. Horrible was required watching for the superhero nerd badge.

*-ish

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Finally got a seventh alt to 50. Here's Fallout Bull (SS/Rad brute), in his full radioactive glory:

falloutbull.jpg.763fc603dc9387096a2a43fa3561ff23.jpg

Fallout Bull is my first "Homecoming Original" character to reach 50. The previous six were all live-resurrections.

He started out as "Rad Bull", over on Reunion, and the name was a reference to his origin story, wherein he gained superpowers from consuming too many energy drinks. When I moved him to Everlasting, somebody already had the name, so he became "Roentgen Bull", a name I was never really happy with, but couldn't think of anything else suitable, until fairly recently.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 7