Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 8/13/2021 at 4:32 AM, Dark Dove said:

Here's Mega Fist.  She's very (all the way) tall, but I forgot to add anything to show scale nearby.

MegaBase.thumb.png.75e05168c38d29a0d386c867352848de.png

Damn, I have gone through this whole thread (returning player) and you have some of the best characters I've seen. Bravo!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, I think this is as close as it'll get. I've never struggled with such a simple costume before, but I just could not get that golden age feel right. It's still not perfect, needs shorts rather than briefs and long sleeves, but hey ho, it's not possible. I'm going to play him a bit and see how he feels 🙂

@Professor Sad his helmet is as follows:

Head - half helmet

Face - any - devious

Helmet - freedom corps

Detail 1 - retro goggles

Detail 2 - Ventilator

Helmet Detail 1 - Celestial Wings

Helmet Detail 2 - Finned

Cheers for looking all 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day I used to have a couple characters that made full use of the multiple costumes. Monster Child was a teen and a giant demon and a time-displaced half-man/half-demon combo. Polly Morph was a shapeshifter. I wanted to do that again, but different. So here is Every-Were, the ultimate animal changeling.

The pic is really big, so just the thumbnail here. Click to see the larger version, then click the down arrow to go to full size.

Every-Where-Bio2.jpg

https://ibb.co/Hn510MJ

I wanted to use the glowing Yakuza tattoos as the transformation method, but I didn't realize it was only on the female side. Which is no biggie, but I was driving myself nuts trying to find it in the male side. After that, finding a top/belt combo that covered the human skin when she transforms into various creatures was a challenge, but it mostly works. I can't explain the pants. I guess they're magic pants.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, Robothenri said:

Ok, I think this is as close as it'll get. I've never struggled with such a simple costume before, but I just could not get that golden age feel right. It's still not perfect, needs shorts rather than briefs and long sleeves, but hey ho, it's not possible. I'm going to play him a bit and see how he feels 🙂

By the way, I saw a guy tonight on Everlasting who has made the costume you're circling. Maybe it'll help spark an idea.

screenshot-210817-22-15-35-Death-Bird.jp

https://ibb.co/x3MmxyH

• Like 3

On 8/19/2021 at 3:38 AM, Spaghetti Betty said:

He's 6 feet tall, but is dwarfed by a Hellion. Yeesh.

That sort of thing's always bugged me too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Finally! 163 pages is a lot to look through! But I can finally post a few pics. Some original, some inspired by a few of the really great costumes you all have shown us.

First up is Rail Baron. He's inspired by the Living Locomotive I saw 30 or 40 pages ago. (Sorry, I forget whose design that was.)

Rail Baron is a Victorian era villain who finds himself in the modern world. He's a train themed power armor guy and inventor. Invulnerability/Dark Melee Tanker.

6getFht.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/21/2021 at 12:12 AM, TraumaTrain said:

Finally! 163 pages is a lot to look through! But I can finally post a few pics. Some original, some inspired by a few of the really great costumes you all have shown us.

First up is Rail Baron. He's inspired by the Living Locomotive I saw 30 or 40 pages ago. (Sorry, I forget whose design that was.)

Rail Baron is a Victorian era villain who finds himself in the modern world. He's a train themed power armor guy and inventor. Invulnerability/Dark Melee Tanker.

6getFht.jpg

I love that he has a cow-catcher on his face. 😂 Perfect!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For my latest character, I wanted to attempt a minimalistic look with a strong contrast, in this case white against black / light against dark.   Dr. Nightlight is the result, an energy/energy sentinel.  I've set his powers all to nearly pure white (I found the palest gold as a secondary color gave a richer light feeling).  He's good in lower lighting, but he really shines (pun intended) in those dark Arachnos base missions.  I'm really hoping to see him in Praetorian underground missions in the near future.

2021_08_22_DrNightlight.jpg.c8102969e6c4f44bfbc0206eaf0208e4.jpg2021_08_22_DrNightlight7.jpg.accaeabfcc0e3151eb28da7d4cf094de.jpg

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 19
  • Thumbs Up 2