Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

6 hours ago, Trike said:

For fun I made Reddy Killerwatt, based on the old advertising mascot named Reddy Kilowatt from waaay back in the day.

In case you didn't know, you can trick the editor into allowing you electric eyes.

Killerwatt.thumb.png.3b5ba8aadd0c8154d7ac5dd7e32fd83b.png 

Not that you necessarily want such, but in case you did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is concept, rather than costume design, because this is just the prefab "Stone" costume.

But I got this idea to look up a "word of the day" (on dictionary.com, in this case), and create a character with a name and concept based on that word. The first time I tried this, the word of the day was "Xanadu". Alas, there was already a "Xanadude" on my server, so I waited for the next day's word. 

That word was "orogeny": the process of mountain-making or upheaval.

So here is "The Orogenyst" (Fiery Melee/Stone Armor):

1360787756_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_08_29-12_45_29_65.jpg.cb8a1c7a0cb1f8f69e9f5441828ba2b7.jpg

The next day's word was "cruciverbalist", which is a designer or aficionado of crossword puzzles. Today's word is the adverb, "memoriter", meaning "by heart; by memory". Couldn't think of a superhero idea for either of those, so we'll see what tomorrow suggests :D 

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

It started with the idea of a character who transforms from a little girl to a massive hulk of a angry father named, "I'll Tell My Daddy" (btw, the name is open) but the necessary costume transformation didn't really thrill me. So my mind wandered and I kinda figured the name would be taken but lo and behold, it wasn't. . . .

Allow me to present American Beef:

ABeef.jpg.869546963ac3a443bda19b632643a1e0.jpg

I really don't need another melee character but I kinda want to play him.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

It started with the idea of a character who transforms from a little girl to a massive hulk of a angry father named, "I'll Tell My Daddy" (btw, the name is open) but the necessary costume transformation didn't really thrill me. So my mind wandered and I kinda figured the name would be taken but lo and behold, it wasn't. . . .

Allow me to present American Beef:

I really don't need another melee character but I kinda want to play him.

Please tell me you have a Moo-gatu character too. Mental manipulation, perhaps. "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" 

• Haha 2

On 8/29/2021 at 3:03 AM, Trike said:

Here's a new one I made whose look I really love, despite being your basic vampiress. I figure she's cold all the time so she can rock the full leather suit. It's difficult to get a good shot of it, though, being all black.

Lady Vampyre.

Lady-Vampyre.jpg

https://ibb.co/F5d3NbQ

Lady-Vampyre-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/QkL5xzW

And look who I ran into on Talos Island tonight:

Dr-Nightlight.jpg

https://ibb.co/WDt6sgR

Hey! I recognize that Lady. Mercy enjoyed teaming with you all the other night. Thanks for letting her tag along. 

• Like 2

I wanted to base this character from the World of Darkness lore. I've made a ton of power set variants around this toon but here's my original corruptor water/dark.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 2.50.25 AM.png

screenshot_210831-02-41-37.jpg

screenshot_210830-20-27-03.jpg

screenshot_210831-03-14-56.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 5.49.42 PM.png

Edited by BigMeen
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plant/Thorn Dominator.

THE LICHENTHROPE!

screenshot_201112-18-43-37.jpg

“Even a man who is pure at heart,
and says his prayers by night…
…May become a moss when the fungi blooms,
and the autumn moon is bright.”

Mike O’Phile became lost in October hiking the Appalachian Trail alone. He survived 38 days eating strange glowing lichen scraped from the walls of an ancient Abenaki cave dwelling. He emerged a changed man.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

On 8/31/2021 at 12:03 PM, BigMeen said:

I wanted to base this character from the World of Darkness lore. I've made a ton of power set variants around this toon but here's my original corruptor water/dark.

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 2.50.25 AM.png

screenshot_210831-02-41-37.jpg

screenshot_210830-20-27-03.jpg

screenshot_210831-03-14-56.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 5.49.42 PM.png

Really liked how you captured the "vampire essence" in this character. We all know the colors we're going to use, but it is how we used them and the way we choose the costume what makes it shine. Loved it.

Edited by KARMACOP
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/30/2021 at 10:01 AM, Singularis said:

Hey! I recognize that Lady. Mercy enjoyed teaming with you all the other night. Thanks for letting her tag along. 

More that you did me a huge favor, since Lady Vamp is not a real damage-dealer, and Mercyground made everything better. 🙂

(I sent out a request for help because I was facing a mission with 2 Elite Bosses, and immediately 7 people responded with offers to help, including Singularis, who then teamed up with me after, which made it awesome. This game and the community is so great.) 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Trike said:

I keep coming back to this one because it’s perfect. Simple, stylized, straight out of a comic or cartoon of that era.

Thank you! Made for a Golden Age costume contest. The main bit of the costume was made by me, but I had a little help from the good folks on the #Costume-discussion channel on the discord to get the colors down right. Particularly with the Boot flaps and Cape.

Edited by MidnightClubPatron
  • Thanks 1