Jump to content

Post your best costume designs here!


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Yet another random idea that popped into my head, that I had to immediately turn into a character!

 

Presenting, "The Aubergenerator" (Electrical Blast/Atomic Manipulation blaster):

 

1171893737_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_09.27-17_23_29_47.thumb.png.49cbee335cffd3a62cc5d591454a99a6.png

 

Aubergine ... he's a big eggplant 😄

Reminds me of Brianiac. Swell colors!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because it's been quiet a couple of days... the first character I rolled up on Homecoming, recreated from live:

 

Hakeswell, Arachnos Soldier specialising in scheming, backstabbing, arms-dealing and maniacal laughter. If he had a moustache he would twirl it like you would not believe.

 image.png.2e9c382c4cc968510e22e6fde120fb69.png

  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Back in this post I put forth the costume for my Fire/Bio sentinel Mind Blaze. 

 

While I liked the costume I still was not completely satisfied with it. It seemed a bit disconnected from the character theme of psychoplasmic flames (physical flames manifested from one's psyche), the colors being too light. Purple (for the psychic) and orange (for the flames) are not the easiest colors to work with. Metamorpho from DC comics pulls it off because I suspect because one is too distracted by the character's physical nature to be pulled into the fact you're looking at orange and purple together. But I really wanted to suggest orange welling up from purple for flames from the mind.

 

I think I have finally come to a costume that does what I intended:

 

MindBlaze.jpg.ef5726b17aa1288bfbaa67dff9e4f660.jpg

  • Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

 Back in this post I put forth the costume for my Fire/Bio sentinel Mind Blaze. 

 

While I liked the costume I still was not completely satisfied with it. It seemed a bit disconnected from the character theme of psychoplasmic flames (physical flames manifested from one's psyche), the colors being too light. Purple (for the psychic) and orange (for the flames) are not the easiest colors to work with. Metamorpho from DC comics pulls it off because I suspect because one is too distracted by the character's physical nature to be pulled into the fact you're looking at orange and purple together. But I really wanted to suggest orange welling up from purple for flames from the mind.

 

I think I have finally come to a costume that does what I intended:

 

MindBlaze.jpg.ef5726b17aa1288bfbaa67dff9e4f660.jpg


Purple and Orange work well together in that they are pretty much opposites on the color wheel. But you need to use the darker/bolder colors as you have here because the lighter shades tend to fade into the background. No one is impressed by the Lavender Creamsicle, no matter how much gym time he puts in. 😛

 

Typically the purple/orange/green combo is used for supervillains, but that’s mostly because the heroes already use the red/blue/yellow primary color combo, so to distinguish between the good guys and bad guys artists went with the secondary palette. I use purple/orange all the time because they look great together.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Made my spooky dude for ToT...darkity/dark troller...Mr. Soul...yes the other night I was listening to my youtube que and Buffalo Springfield's Mr. Soul came up...the rest is history 🙂  

MRSOUL1.JPG.c7e4c7bc10e9912ea8bd6633e2ae1719.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 5

"These walls are my blank expression" - NF

 

My DA page

Link to post
Share on other sites

Phoenixia - Thugs/TA MM

She's a semi-realistic phoenix who was created entirely from/by technology, broke free of her creators, and now wreaks havoc on the Rogue Isles.

xRWEVwD.jpg yXnax0M.jpgNXwiG9t.jpgUNLbVf0.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Formerly @TigerGoddess on Live

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Human Mosquito - Water/Sonic Corruptor; Elfvira - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Illiana the Shroud - Fire/Dark Controller; Kincatic - Beast/Kin MM

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pardon the flood, but I wanted to show off my personal villain group, Hallowed Eve.

Magic can be lucrative, though it requires a willingness to forego the laws of man, nature and the gods. Those who are willing to engage in such high crimes rally under the banner of Hallowed Eve. There is no desire to dominate the world, to rule over all or to usurp any heavenly thrones. Rather, there is the simple and direct goal of enriching oneself in this world and all other worlds. To possess not souls, but riches beyond mere mortal greed. The members of Hallowed Eve have indeed found a way to take it with you.

The Hallowed Eve is comprised of the Lord and Lady of Hallows and the Six Courts: Flames, Graves, Night, Moonlight, Blood and Bone

 

The Lord and Lady of Hallows are selected from the assemblage of Princes and Princesses of Hallowed Eve. It is both an honor and a sacrifice as the chosen ones are possessed by the spirits of the Lord and Lady. Their original bodies and souls are consumed by the Fire of Hallows and in their place stands the new Lord and Lady of Hallows.

Thus the sinister leadership of the Hallowed Eve continues uninterrupted for generations upon generations.

HLE_Lord_of_Hallows.JPGHLE_Lady_of_Hallows.JPG

 

Edited by wei yau
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince of Flames.

The Firejack is an ancient fire imp who has adapted to the modern times.  Trading in fire for firepower, the Firejack is a deadly assassin and ruthless mercenary.  The perfect gun for hire, no job is too despicable, deadly or dangerous for the right price.

 

 

Princess of Flames.

The Candlewitch burns from within, only her magicks can contain and controls this inferno.  She channels the fire with deadly effectiveness, setting alight all who would stand in the way of the Hallowed Eve.

HLE_Firejack.JPGHLE_Candlewitch.JPG

 

Edited by wei yau
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess of Graves.

Sometime in the distant past, the woman who would become the Silent Bride stood before the altar, eager to be married to her betrothed. A terrible earthquake struck the church just as the bride closed her eyes to be kissed by her new husband.  The entire church become entombed in the shattered earth and the bride was forever silenced.

Until she pulled herself from the stony grave, bringing the wedding party with her.  No one knows what drove the Silent Bride to emerge from the grave, no one knows what compels her to visit terror and pain upon her victims, no one knows just why she joined the Hallowed Eve.

Only the Silent Bride knows and she is not saying a word.

 

Prince of Graves.

It is uncertain if he is the resurrected body of the entombed or the animated golem shaped from the tomb itself.  But what is absolutely clear is that the Walking Tomb is an absolute expert at disposing of bodies.  He is also pretty handy at providing bodies to be disposed, as well.

HLE_Silent Bride.JPGHLE_Walking Tomb.JPG

Edited by wei yau
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince of Night.

Doctor Darkstorm molds and shapes the bodies of his ""patients"".  He does not use anesthesia, as his patients need to feel his cuts and his slices, in order to truly appreciate his care. 

 

Princess of Night.

Doctor Nightfallen specializes in the minds of her ""patients"".  She leaves no scars or other visible damage, but her victims are forever changed. Reduced to babbling incoherence or frantic whispers, their throats made raw from endless terrified screaming.  Doctor Nightfallen ensures that her patients will forget whatever troubles first brought them to her tender care.

HLE_Doctor Darkstorm.JPGHLE_Doctor Nightfallen.JPG

Edited by wei yau
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess of Blood.

A sister in the Ordo Sanguinem, Mother Crimson is a caretaker of the unbelievers chosen to given their precious blood to the Church. Her convent is filled to the rafters with row upon row of unbelievers,kept to feed the gr owing members of the Ordo Sanguinem.

 

Prince of Blood.

A member of the Ordo Sanguinem, the Bloodfather consecrates the Hallowed Eve in the dark blood of unbelievers.  By doing so, he spreads the red gospel of the Ordo Sanguinem and the grace of Santo Sangre.

 

671119366_HLE_MotherCrimson.JPG.8c150956a9f6f6bc8a2a4a01fd67f46f.JPGHLE_Bloodfather.JPG.3c1a584f9a9e758656f5deddf5211a6f.JPG

  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince of Moonlight.

The mysteries of the moon is the source of power for the Moon Master. His is not the moonlight that provides a feeling of security on a dark night.  But, rather, it shines brightly to spotlight victims to the hungry creatures of the night.


Princess of Moonlight.

The secrets of the moon remain hidden behind the searing brightness of Mistress Moonbeam. Her silverlight is cold and dead, offering no warmth or comfort.

 

375962484_HLE_MistressMoonbeam.thumb.JPG.9214f2e39d5c820c37833b83a318a569.JPG1548000213_HLE_MoonMaster.thumb.JPG.8775d1c686d7427b36d635e3f0d708ad.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Princess of Bones.

Olivia Ostea has built her court upon a foundation of bones.  Every wall is adorned with the collected skeletons of enemies, rivals and victims. The towers and spires are forever climbing, as she hoards ever more.  She is very pleased that the Hallowed Eve has been an endless source of bones.

 

Prince of Bones.

Kostur serves his lady Olivia Ostea as the executioner for the Court of Bones. 

 

490424253_HLE_OliviaOstea.JPG.0c1749fc97a2d23bd6746d4b9f96281d.JPGHLE_Kosten.thumb.JPG.bf890c25be36f172af5e15798c480e99.JPG

  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2021 at 10:10 PM, wei yau said:

Pardon the flood, but I wanted to show off my personal villain group, Hallowed Eve.

Magic can be lucrative, though it requires a willingness to forego the laws of man, nature and the gods. Those who are willing to engage in such high crimes rally under the banner of Hallowed Eve. There is no desire to dominate the world, to rule over all or to usurp any heavenly thrones. Rather, there is the simple and direct goal of enriching oneself in this world and all other worlds. To possess not souls, but riches beyond mere mortal greed. The members of Hallowed Eve have indeed found a way to take it with you.

The Hallowed Eve is comprised of the Lord and Lady of Hallows and the Six Courts: Flames, Graves, Night, Moonlight, Blood and Bone

 

The Lord and Lady of Hallows are selected from the assemblage of Princes and Princesses of Hallowed Eve. It is both an honor and a sacrifice as the chosen ones are possessed by the spirits of the Lord and Lady. Their original bodies and souls are consumed by the Fire of Hallows and in their place stands the new Lord and Lady of Hallows.

Thus the sinister leadership of the Hallowed Eve continues uninterrupted for generations upon generations.

HLE_Lord_of_Hallows.JPGHLE_Lady_of_Hallows.JPG

 


This whole concept is terrific, and these characters here are flat-out amazing. The design, the color combos, everything. Perfection.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Trike said:


This whole concept is terrific, and these characters here are flat-out amazing. The design, the color combos, everything. Perfection.

Agreed! Are you going to add more courts as you go?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

Agreed! Are you going to add more courts as you go?

 

Thank you all for the very kind words, I means a lot to me.

 

I honestly hadn't considered more Courts as I felt having six was a thematically appropriate number.  I might consider expanding the current Courts, if I feel so inspired.

Of course, what we would be best is to see others share their concepts for more Courts of Hallowed Eve

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wei yau said:

Of course, what we would be best is to see others share their concepts for more Courts of Hallowed Eve

As you may have suspected, I was hoping you'd say something like that. 😛

 

The main thing I was thinking of was Decay/Rot (powerset suggestions: rad, zombies, dark [colored like dust or fungal spores], plants/thorns/nature and/or bio armor [colored a dead brown/black]).  I thought about suggesting Madness, but you've kind-of got that covered with Night (esp. the Princess of Night  *shudders*).  I also thought of maybe a Wildness/Wilderness court (powerset suggestions: beasts, plants/thorns/nature, savage).  If we had the wind control powerset, I'd suggest Tempest, but it feels a bit too limited without that (you could use storm, elec, maybe water, but there's really not much that fits thematically, although I suppose you could get creative with colors).  I was also considering Dreams/Nightmares/Terror (powerset suggestions: psy, dark, illusion), but again the thematically-appropriate choices seem limited (ill/dark controller is AMAZING, though. I was thinking that and maybe psi melee and dark armor for the other one...).

 

  Mostly, I'm trying to work out a way to fit in as many powersets as possible (although you didn't say which ones you're already using or if there are others you'd like to work in).

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shocktacular said:

As you may have suspected, I was hoping you'd say something like that. 😛

 

The main thing I was thinking of was Decay/Rot (powerset suggestions: rad, zombies, dark [colored like dust or fungal spores], plants/thorns/nature and/or bio armor [colored a dead brown/black]).  I thought about suggesting Madness, but you've kind-of got that covered with Night (esp. the Princess of Night  *shudders*).  I also thought of maybe a Wildness/Wilderness court (powerset suggestions: beasts, plants/thorns/nature, savage).  If we had the wind control powerset, I'd suggest Tempest, but it feels a bit too limited without that (you could use storm, elec, maybe water, but there's really not much that fits thematically, although I suppose you could get creative with colors).  I was also considering Dreams/Nightmares/Terror (powerset suggestions: psy, dark, illusion), but again the thematically-appropriate choices seem limited (ill/dark controller is AMAZING, though. I was thinking that and maybe psi melee and dark armor for the other one...).

 

  Mostly, I'm trying to work out a way to fit in as many powersets as possible (although you didn't say which ones you're already using or if there are others you'd like to work in).

Oh wow, I love those Court concepts, especially Madness (as I've got a whole Wonderland theme going in another batch of characters).  

In truth, I am often challenged by matching powersets with character concepts.  So I am especially excited by what you've got here. I wouldn't worry about any potential conflicts with any powerset combos I may have already used, since I'm agnostic about that sorta thing.

I'm looking forward to whatever awesomeness you deliver.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shocktacular said:

I should probably reply to you directly, though, right? I don't want to hijack the thread or start an unrelated side-topic.

Or make a new topic and get some others involved!

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a bit of a random idea thinking about the upcoming costume contest and came up with this, though I don't think she's quite on the nose for the theme.

 

Kindred Huntress - Dual Pistols/Dark Armor Sentinel, a vampire hunter who also happens to be a vampire herself.  Following the Alucard route perhaps?

Sorry for the dark screenshots, eternal night and whatnot.  At least it's appropriate.

 

1695561150_KindredHuntressShot.PNG.ff75e0a12909740e3630b58668055815.PNG  656330237_KindredHuntressMoon.thumb.PNG.4f01b7326465de429d292bff9127bfab.PNG

 

I did end up in Echo Plaza later for some brighter lighting though.  Lets not think about Shadow Shard sun exposure and how it affects vampires now.

 

1272547990_KindredHuntressEcho.PNG.0fead8f478eb9cb31b801a97790adaa3.PNG  1067000982_KindredHuntressEyes.PNG.96c2dce6a1cb4896ade36c36c3e9557c.PNG

  • Like 8

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...