Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

I see SO MANY good Halloween-themed costumes here! I hope they show up on Halloween for the contest! We're looking forward to meeting your SPOOKIEST characters. 

WHAT: Halloween-Themed Costume Contest
WHERE:  Dacy's "The Witch's House" base on EVERLASTING SERVER (Base passcode: BOO-17189)
WHEN:  Halloween (10/31/2021), at 9PM EDT
WHO: Brought to you by The Federation of Xzianthia supergroup and a group of fun-loving friends from The DawL House Discord server. 
Special thanks to @Dacyfor providing an AWESOME custom-built arena for the contest!

Was fooling around with a new costume for a character and came across a costume option I had never really felt a need to use, the Resistance Armor under Chest Detail. Decided the armor was not right for the character, so made a new controller and recycled the name of my go at a Fire/Dark blaster who did not turn out as I had hoped. 

So this is the all new Ebonblaze:

EbonblazeNew.thumb.jpg.e5a71d337b05d63ef6e3c10be78d2d1a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, TheDawLHouse said:

I see SO MANY good Halloween-themed costumes here! I hope they show up on Halloween for the contest!

My problem's trying to figure out which one to bring!

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I've gotten some compliments on this one recently, so I thought I'd share; my ice/bio stalker Arctic Mist.
Screen selection shot:

arcticmist1.thumb.png.575c11a973277b7380008758ae88deb4.png

Night-time shot so you can see the glowies 🙂:
arcticmist2.thumb.png.4d15a307b27ddbca6ff23df0e95c82a2.png

I can't wait for the winter event so I can get her a proper badge title (still enjoying the Halloween event for now)!

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Borne out of my desire to make a kick-centric character, here's the Stallion (MA/WP), a Native American martial artist with superhuman agility, and the meanest kicks in Paragon !

stallion.PNG.2f68954ce80bb7dbcfa10d2690190363.PNG  stallion_1.PNG.93d0ec4675bc53bfaa2c1bd12f6cfa40.PNG

Very cool costume, sorta awkward pose. “He who smelt it, dealt it!” 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night there was a huge Halloween costume contest held in The Witch's House, the haunted house base that's been heavily advertised this season on Everlasting (it's amazing, check it out if you haven't).  There were dozens of entrants and, I think, two separate live Twitch streams?  Anyway, there were four categories of costume, Mystical, Beautiful, Monstrous and Horrifying.  Each category had first, second, and third place winners, with a thirteenth overall grand prize winner declared out of one category (which caused the other entrants in that category to all move up one place).

My entry came away with the grand prize, which blew me away given all the creativity on display last night.  One of the streamers even read the bio live as the award was being handed over.  It's seriously one of the coolest things ever to happen to me in the City of Heroes.

So, I figured it would be appropriate to make my first costume post in this thread the grand-prize winner of the Witch's House 2021 costume contest.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present... The Shambler.

spacer.png

(Click through to link to the full size image.)

Edited by Sable Phoenix
  • Like 13
  • Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

Last night there was a huge Halloween costume contest held in The Witch's House, the haunted house base that's been heavily advertised this season on Everlasting (it's amazing, check it out if you haven't).  There were dozens of entrants and, I think, two separate live Twitch streams?  Anyway, there were four categories of costume, Mystical, Beautiful, Monstrous and Horrifying.  Each category had first, second, and third place winners, with a thirteenth overall grand prize winner declared out of one category (which caused the other entrants in that category to all move up one place).

My entry came away with the grand prize, which blew me away given all the creativity on display last night.  One of the streamers even read the bio live as the award was being handed over.  It's seriously one of the coolest things ever to happen to me in the City of Heroes.

So, I figured it would be appropriate to make my first costume post in this thread the grand-prize winner of the Witch's House 2021 costume contest.  Ladies and gentlemen, I present... The Shambler.

spacer.png

This is easily the coolest bio armor coloring I've ever seen. This toon looks like it jumped right out of Splatterhouse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

17 hours ago, Sable Phoenix said:

spacer.png

This really is horrifyingly good. I was at that event and I agree there were a large number of truly inspired characters. (I particularly liked whoever made “School Spirit”.) But this is genuinely terrific, and a well-deserved win.

16 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Thanks! To be fair, grabbing a cool screenshot of a MA attack is pretty dang hard. 😅

It’s all about patience and 350 screenshots. 😂

But in all seriousness, I think you’ve made the true successor to Coyote, which is my favorite NPC design in the game. (And of course the backstory about the young guy who made the character is heartbreaking, adding to it.) Which server is this on? Maybe he can team up with my high-kickin' gal, Palomino, who is on Torchbearer.

• Like 1

Inspired by Stallion, I wanted to make another horse-themed character. No names were available... until I tried "Sea Horse". That set me off on a whole new tangent and I came up with a look which immediately garnered many compliments, which were much appreciated. It wasn't what I intended when I started out, but the destination I arrived at was even better.

Water/Sonic Blaster

Sea-Horse1.jpg

https://ibb.co/qB1wSMy

Sea-Horse2.jpg

https://ibb.co/rMy65DD

Sea-Horse3.jpg

https://ibb.co/XyySCCL

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Trike said:

It’s all about patience and 350 screenshots. 😂

But in all seriousness, I think you’ve made the true successor to Coyote, which is my favorite NPC design in the game. (And of course the backstory about the young guy who made the character is heartbreaking, adding to it.) Which server is this on? Maybe he can team up with my high-kickin' gal, Palomino, who is on Torchbearer.

I'm glad you caugh on to that! Coyote was definitely one of my main sources of inspiration for this guy, and the fact that there's a clear lack of non-mystical Native American heroes, IMHO.

He's on Reunion, unfortunately!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trike said:

Inspired by Stallion, I wanted to make another horse-themed character. No names were available... until I tried "Sea Horse". That set me off on a whole new tangent and I came up with a look which immediately garnered many compliments, which were much appreciated. It wasn't what I intended when I started out, but the destination I arrived at was even better.

Water/Sonic Blaster

Sea-Horse1.jpg

https://ibb.co/qB1wSMy

Sea-Horse2.jpg

https://ibb.co/rMy65DD

Sea-Horse3.jpg

https://ibb.co/XyySCCL

That is really striking and unique!  No wonder you have gotten comments on it, great job.

• Like 1

I'm pretty proud of Shivan Basher here! Heroine who went from being the basher to... being a basher.

shivanbasher.jpg

Edited by Rosencrantz
  • Like 15
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am @Chrono-Bot! SGs: Girls Gone Rogue Isles, The Helping Hands, The Orange Bagels, Paragon's Perfectly Normal Heroes. Server: Everlasting! See my characters, now with photos, below!

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/33049-chrono-bots-characters/

I'm not NOT here to make friends.