Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

9 hours ago, Rosencrantz said:

I'm pretty proud of Shivan Basher here! Heroine who went from being the basher to... being a basher.

shivanbasher.jpg

Nice. It never occurred to me to try to recreate a Shivan due to their translucent bodies, but I didn’t think of stealth powers. Clever!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Trike said:

That looks amazing. Are those new gloves to the game?

Those are the gloves normally worn by Dr. Aeon in his labcoat getup.  They've only now been added for players.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

11 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Those are the gloves normally worn by Dr. Aeon in his labcoat getup.  They've only now been added for players.

Ah. I haven’t seen Dr. Aeon in years. I wonder if there will be more NPC parts ported over?

Today I logged in my War Mace/Invuln brute, Betty Beatdown, and decided to make some small modifications to her level 30 and level 40 costumes. Because I didn't feel they fit her aesthetic. Plus, I didn't feel they were very creative - they were just the "Black Knight" and "Celestial Armor" sets. In addition, well, she's Invulnerable (for certain values of that term), so what does she need with so much armor?

For her "Black Knight" getup, the only real change was getting rid of the chainmail shirt and pants, and adding a chainmail miniskirt:

1347992743_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_11_11-20_12_37_71.jpg.11064178882c6212808386a4b3f8766c.jpg

Likewise, for her "Celestial" suit, I eliminated the Celestial chest and leg armor and just went with the Labeaux stuff underneath:

407913023_CityofHeroesScreenshot2021_11_11-20_12_56_84.jpg.d16d55182a68482588a1ed972cf2bfa2.jpg

And just like that, these two costumes feel "right" on this character.

Oh, her backstory:

Elizabeth Downing grew up poor in London, UK, with a physically abusive stepfather. One day, when she was 13, her drunken stepfather hit her ... and his blow had no effect. Her mutant powers had manifested as invulnerability. When the next blow proved similarly futile, Betty picked up the first object at hand - a cricket bat - and gave her stepfather a taste of his own medicine, along with a promise of more to come should he ever hurt her or her mother again.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Once the lowest of the low, at the very bottom of the pecking order, this creature scavenged through the refuse and trash in order to eek out a living.  That all changed one day, when after drinking some very questionable glowing fluid changed everything.  He started to see the world through new eyes.  He could understand how the machines and devices of the humans worked, and could even draw upon a lifetime of eating toxic garbage to assail his enemies.  No longer a miserable creature that ruined everything he touched, this creature now goes by "The Gremlin Gunner"...

gremlin gunner4.jpg

gremlin gunner3.jpg

gremlin gunner1.costume

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really like how the previous costume turned out, so working off of the concept, I present to you an unholy melding of magic & technology - "The Sky Demon":

(BTW, the bottom of the skull mask is supposed to come across as a sort of beard or soul patch, so I hope it comes across that way).

sky demon1.jpg

sky demon3.jpg

sky demon2.costume

Edited by biostem
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, biostem said:

Once the lowest of the low, at the very bottom of the pecking order, this creature scavenged through the refuse and trash in order to eek out a living.  That all changed one day, when after drinking some very questionable glowing fluid changed everything.  He started to see the world through new eyes.  He could understand how the machines and devices of the humans worked, and could even draw upon a lifetime of eating toxic garbage to assail his enemies.  No longer a miserable creature that ruined everything he touched, this creature now goes by "The Gremlin Gunner"...

gremlin gunner4.jpg

gremlin gunner1.costume 7.55 kB · 1 download

“Eek” out a living indeed. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trike said:

What emoji is it that throws the beaker?

Pretty sure that particular animation is from the Corrosive Vial power in the Experimentation power pool. It's got the same item FX as the /e experiment emote, but uses the Poison set animations to lob it and make a damage patch.

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.