Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

6 hours ago, Gobelinweave said:

This is an amazing color scheme!  I love how you worked in the color from the Dr.  Aeon gloves in the shoulders. (I did an Admiral Sutter TF with you the other day.)

Look forward to playing with you again someday. That may have been the first Sutter I actually enjoyed running.

And if we do play, you'll get to see Bronze Magus' second costume. 😁

The name was sitting there, so perfect for the powersets, I have never played either of the powersets, and darn it I really like the costume I've come up with even though (a) I did not need another character, and (b) if I did  need another character I had another one in mind!

This is my planned Electric Melee/Stone Armor Brute, Earthshock

Earthshock.thumb.jpg.08bfebf3451f9ed609cb51de4f404c7d.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/30/2021 at 7:44 AM, Frozen Burn said:

Thanks so much!  This is one of my favorite characters to play.  I don't really roleplay, but the concept is that one spirit will take control and form and use the powers of the others until another spirit's will overtakes and becomes the dominant form to use the collective power - so I cycle through all the costumes at random as I go through missions.  🙂  

The individual costumes are excellent, and a really nice mix of types/looks.  Cycling through them on missions is just thematically brilliant!  Love this!

Edited by Gobelinweave
  • Thanks 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:23 PM, Trike said:

Same. This is why I made a spreadsheet on my iPad to track them. I keep it next to my PC to refer to it as I play. And by “play” I mean “mess about in the character creator”. 😁

I have spreadsheets for Scrappers, Brutes, Blasters, Sentinels, and Stalkers (the ATs I mostly play) to keep track of which power set combinations I've already used and avoid duplication.

17088301_DesktopScreenshot2021_12.07-15_48_17_93.jpg.8d887fda12dd71c74c0c5529d83a8d31.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Britannic said:

Recently remade my namesake, Britannic (WP/BS Tanker) and she's still wearing probably my best costume:

screenshot_211207-08-38-33.jpg

This tripped me out, I was trying to figure out how you did this witchcraft, but then I saw it. 11/10,  

I've made a lot of national heroes like this and I've never been able to get GB right. I am 100% envious and might steal this trick. Amazing job.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Just in time for winter, my latest Ice/Ice stalker : the Icepicker, ex-Family hitman and cryotech assassin!

icepicker.PNG.ddcdeaadeaa4d7530e57ac6b0dd2f584.PNG  icepicker_1.PNG.acb13820dbb12738c517187d5c953e30.PNG

icepicker_2.PNG.3151a2937a942fc15b5f1ae56e83e933.PNG

love what you did with the asymmetry on the ice sword arm being all tech'd up. always feels sick when you can integrate a clean way to show off the devices that create your powers on tech origin costumes.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/7/2021 at 6:27 AM, Britannic said:

Recently remade my namesake, Britannic (WP/BS Tanker) and she's still wearing probably my best costume:

Britannic Bio.jpg

screenshot_211203-09-46-33.jpg

screenshot_211203-10-12-19.jpg

screenshot_211205-07-56-09_2.jpg

screenshot_211205-07-56-19_2.jpg

screenshot_211205-07-59-22.jpg

screenshot_211207-08-36-42.jpg

screenshot_211207-08-37-09.jpg

screenshot_211207-08-38-33.jpg

I have a character that looks a lot like this, except without the helmet. And that helmet is killer. I think it’s probably my best classic-style costume and I never get tired of looking at it, nor do I ever want to fiddle with the details. It’s just… right. I’m not at all surprised to see someone else hit on the same combo. It’s just looks great. I’ll log on later and get a pic of her.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RikOz said:

I have spreadsheets for Scrappers, Brutes, Blasters, Sentinels, and Stalkers (the ATs I mostly play) to keep track of which power set combinations I've already used and avoid duplication.

17088301_DesktopScreenshot2021_12.07-15_48_17_93.jpg.8d887fda12dd71c74c0c5529d83a8d31.jpg

I’ve actually been contemplating going to this level of detail, because I’m constantly tripping over the fact I’ve already done certain power sets. I’m trying to limit them to a couple repeats per server.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:27 AM, Britannic said:

screenshot_211203-10-12-19.jpg

screenshot_211205-07-59-22.jpg

screenshot_211207-08-36-42.jpg

As threatened... er, I mean promised, here is Ice Cate. (Why yes her surname *was* chosen to also pair with "ice", why do you ask? 😄) I did forget that I also made an "Ultimate" version of her outfit sans cape. So I guess I did fiddle with it after all. I think I used a different chest symbol for the Ultimate version though. I can't recall why now. Probably has to do with floating logos or something.

Ice-Cate-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/XsKLjVb

Ice-Cate-Ultimate.jpg
https://ibb.co/z4Dzwz0

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Trike said:

I’ve actually been contemplating going to this level of detail, because I’m constantly tripping over the fact I’ve already done certain power sets. I’m trying to limit them to a couple repeats per server.

The only repeat I have amongst my 111 (so far) alts is two Psychic Blast/Mental Manipulation blasters. One of them started out as a Corruptor named "Mental Miyuki", but by level 15 or so I was just getting really frustrated with her, so I rerolled her as a blaster, using the only power sets that fit her concept and name. By that point I'd already rolled the other blaster, and there was nothing for it but to accept the duplication.

• Thumbs Up 1

In for a penny, in a for a pound, as they say. More alts incoming.

As I mentioned upthread, Coyote is my favorite NPC in the game. So here is my version, a First Nations guy named Spirit Bear. I pulled his last name from a famous Canadian athlete who shares his background. Spirit Bears are a real thing, also called Ghost Bears.

First is his forest garb, then his white and gray versions. I like them all equally. Idly browsing through the chest symbols, I thought this one looked like a stylized S.

Spiritbear-Bio.jpg

https://ibb.co/G7vs85s

Spirit-Bear-Gray.jpg
https://ibb.co/5vTPGnC

Spirit-Bear-White.jpg

https://ibb.co/ctGqBcV

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's a fairly new little guy. (Very little, at 3'10".) When I was trying to get Sea Horse's face right I went past this and filed it away for something else. A couple weeks later the lightbulb clicked on. Boom - Super Rat. This is a very subtle outfit, actually, and hard to capture, but this is a pretty good shot.

Edit: oops, wrong pic

Super-Rat-Bio.jpg

Edited by Trike
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Here's another one I really like but is weirdly both subtle and obvious. This is one of the first designs I made returning to the game a couple years ago, setting him up Goldside. (Hence the haircut.) Recently brought him over to Blueside after all this time. Updraft is a Fire/Spines Brute. Good thing, too, because there's no one to team with over in Cole's world.

Updraft2.jpg

https://ibb.co/yB0X0zn

Updraft.jpg

https://ibb.co/r2nb65n

Updraft-Reflection.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thumbs Up 3