Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Oh, that's a whole bunch of radiation themed characters that have just gone up - here's my hat in the ring, I already posted Geiger Countess several pages ago but here's Schroedinger's Cat, my savage/rad stalker (appropriately difficult to observe!):

image.png.880fc5cb5c3a3b6ff076b0c1209af414.png

Sadly "Schroedinger's Catgirl" is too long a name; I'd have liked that better. Yeah, she's a zombie, how else are you supposed to be simultaneously alive and dead?

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Shouldn't she be in a box too? Or going  "Woo Woo Woo" on an episode of Stan and Lou? 07K1tHnz_o.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOg5iiEzxM4&list=RDDNjyH2g5sjk&index=15

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

12 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Shouldn't she be in a box too? Or going  "Woo Woo Woo" on an episode of Stan and Lou? 07K1tHnz_o.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOg5iiEzxM4&list=RDDNjyH2g5sjk&index=15

"Box" is a slang term for "server," which is where all our characters are stored; doesn't that count? 😛

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Fair point but in that "box" we can all directly observe her state of (un)life.

Wouldn't that invalidate the theoretical nature of the experiment?

Still a cool concept/costume and she should be fun to play around the holiday too... sooo many boxes to open!

You could have a bind for her to do something with the open present emote too, perhaps a thought

bubble about how she always expects to find herself in the box or something? Just a thought.

Also, Shrodingrs Catgrrl should fit, sure it's misspelled but since when do cats care about spelling? rFYv2e1c_o.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 7/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, EggKookoo said:

And finally, Night Vision, someone I thought up based solely on the name. He's very clearly a Batman expy. So I decided that the kid who's parents were killed in the alley was actually a latent mutant, and the murder threw him into a coma but also opened up his latent telepathic powers. He reflexively took control of his parents' killer's body, and is now living out a vigilante fantasy from his hospital bed. Street Justice / Ninjitsu Stalker.

r8hK17z.jpg

Not only is this an awesome costume, but I love the spin you put on the Batman concept.

Amazing.

Edited by Gobbledygook
Misplaced text
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 5:18 PM, Christopher Robin said:

Fair point but in that "box" we can all directly observe her state of (un)life.

Wouldn't that invalidate the theoretical nature of the experiment?

Still a cool concept/costume and she should be fun to play around the holiday too... sooo many boxes to open!

You could have a bind for her to do something with the open present emote too, perhaps a thought

bubble about how she always expects to find herself in the box or something? Just a thought.

Also, Shrodingrs Catgrrl should fit, sure it's misspelled but since when do cats care about spelling? rFYv2e1c_o.gif

Cats like to abbreviate anyways. Catastrophe was too long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had a request in another thread to make a version of a RepoBot from a game

called Rifts.  Biostem put up a black and white ink drawing and I posted my take on it.

It seems to be getting a really favorable response so I thought I would share it here as well.

CnM9nb1a_o.jpgBMeIf6Gq_o.jpg

• Like 10

07K1tHnz_o.png

On 5/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, SirCowdog said:

This is my favorite so far.

Iz8qcfP.png

Outstanding! great concept and execute.  Love the face what layer did you use to get those 'swirls' on the face?,  Looks like supernatural1 for the base?. And those pistons on the upper arm?

Anyway love it!, Grats!

• Like 1

Eirwen the swirlies on the face are a Carnie Mask. More specifically the Carnival of Light mask under head "detail2"

there is also a Carnival of War (like I used on Violetta from page 15) and a Carnival of Vengeance mask.

If you mean the grey and red half rings those are a shoulder piece called Cyborg cables.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Eirwen the swirlies on the face are a Carnie Mask. More specifically the Carnival of Light mask under head "detail2"

there is also a Carnival of War (like I used on Violetta from page 15) and a Carnival of Vengeance mask.

If you mean the grey and red half rings those are a shoulder piece called Cyborg cables.

Cheers!

Thanks for the info.  The Cyborg cables I know of, but its the 'V' shape cable slightly below them on the biceps I was wondering about.

Oh you mean the cables that attach from the back of shoulders to the biceps? Those I just assume are hoses to carry fluid of some sort.

Two of the mechanical arm sets have them. They can be found by going to "Upper Body" and under the first drop menu scroll

all the way down and pick "Robotic Arm 1, 2 or 3" depending if you want the left arm, right arm or both arms to have it.

Then go to "Upper Arm" and choose either "Tech" or "Steampunk" and you will have them.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

07K1tHnz_o.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Robin said:

Oh you mean the cables that attach from the back of shoulders to the biceps? Those I just assume hoses to carry fluid of some sort.

Two of the mechanical arm sets have them. They can be found by going to "Upper Body" and under the first drop menu scroll

all the way down and pick "Robotic Arm 1, 2 or 3" depending if you want left art right arm or both arms to have it.

Then go to "Upper Arm" and choose either "Tech" or "Steampunk" and you will have them.

Cheers!

Perfect, thanks. I just could not figure out how to add the extra layer on the arm. 

All my heroes seem to have the 'classic' or 'Retro' look. Time to try something different.

Many thanks again.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eirwen said:

Perfect, thanks. I just could not figure out how to add the extra layer on the arm. 

All my heroes seem to have the 'classic' or 'Retro' look. Time to try something different.

Many thanks again.

Christopher Robin has it correct.  The upper body is one of the cyborg/robotic arm categories.  Sadly there are only a handful of arm choices, and IIRC some gloves or other costume pieces that don't work with it. 

But I like it because it can be used to make some Asymmetric designs where one arm is very different than another. This can be good for shield powers or some weapons. 

CR also has it right with the carnival masks, but you guessed correctly about the supernatural face underneath to make the eyes. I briefly considered using an actual glowing eyes aura, but it really clashed with the other lighting effects on the chest, legs, and cape. 

Edited by SirCowdog
  • Like 3

MEDEIA.JPG.ef27728dc05245649238d05950b009b8.JPG

Medeia, a mind/fire dom, is one of the two characters I made to participate in the Halloween festivities.  This is an update of a costume used on Wolf Witch, an i23 character.  That robe marks her as a follower of the Scythian faction.

plastercaster.jpg.778ab992c4ca51936a852b88484cdc8f.jpg

Plaster Caster is another character I made in anticipation of Halloween; she's an archery/devices blaster.  She was originally going to be 'Plaster Caster Blaster' but that's apparently too many letters.  A prodict of the swinging 60s, she's a doublenaught spy, and her ambition is to become a Bond Girl.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

8 hours ago, SirCowdog said:

Christopher Robin has it correct.  The upper body is one of the cyborg/robotic arm categories.  Sadly there are only a handful of arm choices, and IIRC some gloves or other costume pieces that don't work with it. 

But I like it because it can be used to make some Asymmetric designs where one arm is very different than another. This can be good for shield powers or some weapons. 

CR also has it right with the carnival masks, but you guessed correctly about the supernatural face underneath to make the eyes. I briefly considered using an actual glowing eyes aura, but it really clashed with the other lighting effects on the chest, legs, and cape. 

@SirCowdog

I went through all the faces with the Carnie masks/hood combo and couldn't

find eyes that I liked so I ended up blanking them out, no eyes works pretty well I think.

As for the glowing eye auras, some of those work great with goggles or even oversized

sunglasses, there are lots of decent combinations to tinker with in that area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

So I posted a new hero Violetta a few pages back and recently was talking about the glowing eye

effect through goggles so I thought I would go ahead and post Violetta's 2nd suit to show what I meant. 07K1tHnz_o.png

RSpGcL6X_o.jpgRYlvu2iu_o.jpg

• Like 15

07K1tHnz_o.png

Simple costume, but I think it's pretty cool-looking. Had some fun with the bio 😛

malhelabio.jpg.7c8a187cce71b2b7041d212586403911.jpg

malhela.jpg.61a7f8ed8e427bd65484bc8f7cddc91b.jpg

Bio in English:

Dark Scorpion was created in a laboratory in the dark deserts of the underworld, to punish transgressors who do not respect the rule of law!

Scorpion's native language is Google-translated Esperanto.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1