Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

25 minutes ago, Virtual Green said:

And we missed you, pal! Hope COVID hasn't treated you too harshly, I hope you're doing alright!

I am, thanks for the well wishes!  Mine was thankfully toward the milder end, though I hated the feeling of having my core energy stolen for days.  (Now I know what it feels like to get hit by a Malta Sapper!) I've had friends, as I'm sure all have had, who were much, much worse.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Virtual Green said:

Finally decided to give a Psy/ Sentinel a go again...

Introducing Mindsight, an "ascended" psychic from the Seer program who became one of the most ambitious (and devious) Top Dogs !

mindsight.thumb.PNG.19f26004a8979abf0b3ea34add1beaf4.PNG  mindsight1.PNG.141d8823645f25cc023167732120a80a.PNG

Dig the melding of the eye chest symbol with the inherent skin design!

• Like 4

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

3 hours ago, Techwright said:

I am, thanks for the well wishes!  Mine was thankfully toward the milder end, though I hated the feeling of having my core energy stolen for days.  (Now I know what it feels like to get hit by a Malta Sapper!) I've had friends, as I'm sure all have had, who were much, much worse.

Not to derail the thread too much but both my wife and I contracted Covid in March of 2020 and I was very ill for about 3 months but my wife has been sick ever since with Long Covid, which is debilitating. She actually had to retire on disability, 7 years earlier than planned. The analogy to Sappers is definitely apt: the fatigue alone is nearly unbearable for her. She’s had to be hospitalized only once, but we’ve had to visit urgent care numerous times and that has made us wish for Paragon’s personal teleporters.

My dad was admitted to the hospital with Covid last night, which is concerning for a guy who is 88, but he has been pretty healthy overall. This virus has really knocked the wind out of him, especially as it has caused myocarditis, and that’s alarming. He’s not a good patient in the best of times and he hasn’t been admitted to the hospital in his entire life, so he’s cranky in the way only Brooklyn Italian guys are.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Trike said:

Not to derail the thread too much but both my wife and I contracted Covid in March of 2020 and I was very ill for about 3 months but my wife has been sick ever since with Long Covid, which is debilitating. She actually had to retire on disability, 7 years earlier than planned. The analogy to Sappers is definitely apt: the fatigue alone is nearly unbearable for her. She’s had to be hospitalized only once, but we’ve had to visit urgent care numerous times and that has made us wish for Paragon’s personal teleporters.

My dad was admitted to the hospital with Covid last night, which is concerning for a guy who is 88, but he has been pretty healthy overall. This virus has really knocked the wind out of him, especially as it has caused myocarditis, and that’s alarming. He’s not a good patient in the best of times and he hasn’t been admitted to the hospital in his entire life, so he’s cranky in the way only Brooklyn Italian guys are.

Yes, agreed, don't want to derail the thread but I must extend my best wishes for health to your family.  I do hope your father pulls through and that your wife somehow improves.   The game is a retreat from the cares of the real world, but it need not demand isolation from it.    And it sounds like Brooklyn Italians are not so different from Chicago Italians (my bro-in-law's kin). 😉   Here's hoping a fighting spirit will empower a fighting body.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Finally decided to give a Psy/ Sentinel a go again...

Great costume, but regarding psychic blast - you have far more patience than I.  Between the sound and goofy alternate animations, (not a fan of the original ones either), I just cannot get into the set.  Regardless, kudos to you!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Dig the melding of the eye chest symbol with the inherent skin design!

Thanks! I've been saving that one for a while, but I might eventually use it on a more fitting character... Time will tell!

7 hours ago, biostem said:

Great costume, but regarding psychic blast - you have far more patience than I.  Between the sound and goofy alternate animations, (not a fan of the original ones either), I just cannot get into the set.  Regardless, kudos to you!

Ahah, I can relate! Psychic Blast is pretty hard to love. But the Sentinel's version packs massive damage, and the armor secondaries make for a nice safety net in case Psychic Blast's long a** animations fail.

If you have trouble with it, keep the original animations and think of it as an optic blast set!

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's a few of my favorite costumes I've made lately:

Flightpath:

flightpath1.thumb.jpg.656b2ff5c47d7ce62e40c8866506f1f0.jpg

flightpath2.thumb.jpg.1f6b03c11e77555179751996d85a1232.jpg

Lazulite:

lazulite1.thumb.jpg.9cbccf2ec4bbd4c0b4afb78697c940c7.jpg

lazulite2.thumb.jpg.c421129eb1af54af648cd9f1f33f61f0.jpg

Swordbreaker:

swordbreaker1.thumb.jpg.1a3a292be1318be5cf47a366cef0a498.jpg

swordbreaker2.thumb.jpg.8a35e525860da768d277fc7e68bba0ce.jpg

Edited by Drakwatch
  • Like 16
  • Thumbs Up 1

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

*Sneaks back into the thread!* It's been a while and I thought I'd try my hand at a Hero Costume, with tights and everything! Usually I go for a look that's anything but tights! I'm really, really digging this look!

Please allow me to introduce, Twilight Ibis, a Dark/Martial blaster!

twilightibis.png

twilightibisback.png

• Like 15
  • Thumbs Up 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

On 12/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Trike said:

I definitely think you achieved your goal, and it’s one of the more subtle designs to get that effect.

The first thing I do on 99% of my female characters is to decrease the chest to its lowest and shrink the legs. For most of them I also increase the waist for the same reason you’ve given. Otherwise they look like they’ve had ribs removed.

I was showing my wife my characters and designs here and this became a point of topic. I was using max width for waist on live, but hadn't here. Also did min chest size for both. My wife asked about the leg aspect as well. We went back and saw this discussion and I started to go through all of my female character and adjusting them.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Damn, you guys are otherwordly in character design! Mine are quite simple, in comparison... but I'm still proud of them!

Mekanyzer, MM Robotics/FF. Lightly Based on the Nomads' color scheme from Infinity. Wanted to name him 'Mechanizer,', but it was already taken 😞

image.png.f99cbd15e0eb9649e997bb0d3d9e0176.png

Syberia, a  different take on my first CoH character. That one was an Ice/Storm Controller, this one is an Ice/Ice Scrapper

image.png.3a41071e4bde616ea4b23160fba13b3c.png

Edited by Mekanyzer
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 2

Too many characters to count...

On 1/21/2022 at 11:10 PM, biostem said:

At least with the sounds, you should be able to load @Solarverse's sound mod for Psychic Blast.  Can't help you with the rest, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, biostem said:

Great costumes!  Kind of reminds me of the Bubblegum Crisis hardsuits or the Southern Cross motorcycle mecha-suit...

I was thinking Bubblegum Crisis, too. It never occurred to me to try to recreate those but Yellowjacket made a perfect example.

• Like 1

Gave two characters new costumes for pushing into their 40s (old to new from left to right):

Empowereds.thumb.jpg.a30a855017d8a8551e1e1be5f779c5ca.jpg

I really like how the belt and chest piece merge on the new costume.

Bronzes.thumb.jpg.240c8da104ee5f602644f9e11c8224f7.jpg

Guessing he had to trim his hair some to be able to wear the hood.

Seen before but made posters for them:

UnConqPoster.jpg.79f4700520006b8f2b43dad7047907df.jpg    LeydenPoster.jpg.89af25f3b17a82d54ad6f46fa92c238d.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2022 at 11:10 PM, Without_Pause said:

I was showing my wife my characters and designs here and this became a point of topic. I was using max width for waist on live, but hadn't here. Also did min chest size for both. My wife asked about the leg aspect as well. We went back and saw this discussion and I started to go through all of my female character and adjusting them.

I adjust the leg length and waist on all my characters (male and female) to minimum. Have to then fiddle with the height but the result feels less leggy than the default. 

In the gender separate tweaks department, yeah women's chests get reduced to something less jarring and men's waists get pushed upward a button's width. I am just now really coming to the point of using Huge and it takes dropping chest and physique to near minimum and cutting shoulder to half to end up with a stout, muscular build I find plausible (used it for Restless Dead upthread).

6 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Gave two characters new costumes for pushing into their 40s (old to new from left to right):

Empowereds.thumb.jpg.a30a855017d8a8551e1e1be5f779c5ca.jpg

I really like how the belt and chest piece merge on the new costume.

These look great!  On the middle one, though... I don't think the blue on the belt and pants matches the top.

Edited by Shocktacular