Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 5/14/2022 at 11:31 PM, RikOz said:

So, my "baby" sister designed this:

1070854485_DesktopScreenshot2022_05.14-20_29_23_43.thumb.jpg.5e01c96b70961caf913fa8fa5b4a2844.jpg

... and I had to recreate the character in-game:

1716795878_CityofHeroesScreenshot2022_05.14-20_20_36_81.thumb.jpg.665684ae0fc2b1848506265ca8ab88e9.jpg

(Empathy/Sonic Attack defender)

Empathy for caring about the kids and Sonic for having to yell at the l'il bastards!  I love it!  😄  This is just great - nicely done!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/21/2022 at 2:26 AM, biostem said:

So I ended up using a slightly modified version of a previous costume I posted, but I like it so much that I felt it needed to be shared - "The Flux Mage":

flux mage18.jpg

flux mage20.jpg

flux mage19.jpg

flux mage12.jpg

That's a REALLY cool look.  The coloring makes me want to create a similar character and name him The Rust Mage.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, First Player said:

Couple of new ones

Untitled-1.png.75323341746ad25337ee19c2d0859e05.png

Emp/Psy Defender

Untitled-1.png.5375bdcfeb95f86a4f2b7d3a365d446f.png

Water/Plant Control

Untitled-2.png.9e6249222a41c2dbdedd4eee756aab7c.png

I went Psy/Energy with this just because it's so bright, haha.

Glow looks great.  While I love detail and intricacy, I find in costume design that often "less is more" so long as it is well-coordinated.    

Is it just the costumes that are new, or also the names?  If the names as well, I'm impressed those three were available.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

Glow looks great.  While I love detail and intricacy, I find in costume design that often "less is more" so long as it is well-coordinated.    

Is it just the costumes that are new, or also the names?  If the names as well, I'm impressed those three were available.

Thanks! First-Aid was surprisingly free but I’ve had the other two, those are just new costumes for them.

• Like 1

pg6qD0.png

2 hours ago, First Player said:

Thanks! First-Aid was surprisingly free but I’ve had the other two, those are just new costumes for them.

I was going to ask the same. Still, it’s amazing that First-Aid was still available.

Sorry in advance for the huge post. I ended up liking my Champion of Ullr concept so much that I made 10 whole costumes for him. Now you can pick your favorite champ.

9nZhJHs.jpg QJYEx7W.jpg

s9WUyXc.jpg UlxT1X2.jpg

p4rVijX.jpg muyEbyq.jpg

y8mwCdH.jpg X5wRtls.jpg

kH7uOVq.jpg HKnlqUc.jpg

Edited by Spaghetti Betty
Syntax
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I am getting back to playing some character who have languished due to my periodic non-CoH flings. Along with playing comes the need to fiddle with what they wear.

Not a new character, but have given him some costume updates:

ArachnoLad.thumb.jpg.e9e5d6728b245fb1cbe9558002a73aaa.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got a couple of new ones inspired by 40k

Krieg.png.25e5785b8c5c7f4fad2d53ae432851fd.png

Necron.png.f6dfb857d1ece9f1716f5841923c7cd9.png

Edit: make that three 😃

1520918612_SistersofBattle.png.aad09e9748b9a7eb87c228a52de20649.png

Death Korps is a petless Merc/Traps MM currently at level 28
Necron Technomancer is a Beam/Dark Corr which I may play... one of these days.
Sister of Battle is an alternative costume for one of my 3 DP/Ninja Blasters  (2 at 50 and one at 15 heeh)

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is my evolved snake species concept. I have had about 20 different toons over the years with various color combos and power sets all with similar costumes. the key design requirement is they must have monsterous feet, tail and reptilian skin, and some sort of facial feature that says fangs. My most recent is my Rad/fire brute farmer name Neutron mamba. I currently use the green&blue skin/purple/silver and the blue/red/gold costumes. The toon started out as black/red/gold with the same costume elements as the dark green skin version.  Oh how I wish a snake lower body like the snakes from Mercy Island would be added to the costume creator, snake heasd would also be nice

mamba1f.png

mamba1r.png

mamba2f.png

mamba2r.png

mamba3f.png

mamba3r.png

mamba4f.png

mamba4r.png

Edited by jeolman1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Six-Six those are great looks. I love the 40k lore, and all three of those looks are spot on.

I'm curious about Death Korps. Why did you choose to go the petless MM route? You're limiting yourself to three attacks, and you're paying a high price in End for them. I get people going petless Demons for the unique whips weapon. Am I missing something about Mercs that makes it a cooler choice over Assault Rifle corruptor?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @TraumaTrain

uhh. no deep reason for the AT and power set combo. I don't have a lot of AssRifle toons so I just assigned the costume to an existing toon. The Merc/Traps is just one of my on-and-off petless projects that get stalled for months at a time. With those projects, I need an inspiring costume change to get the ball rolling again. So the costume just fit the concept but didn't stem from it. I was close to giving up on the toon since it IS pretty much an uber-gimped corruptor, and it's really tough to play. It being a Death Korps is giving me the initiative to push on "for Krieg" haha.

I, too, love 40k art and lore. I don't play it as I've never had the chance. I'd love to try, but the dice math is intimidating for my wee brain. I have a bunch of other 40k looks in my work in progress folder, like the Drukhari, T'au, and (posted months ago) an attempt at an Ork. I have a bit of trouble reconciling their presence in Paragon/Praetoria. The three above are ones that are able to suspend my disbelief enough to play them with a clean conscience. Death Korps and Sister of Battle found themselves thrown to the Rogue Isles and Praetoria respectively by the Warp; the Necron "woke up" here (so you know what comes next haha). Nonetheless, they're making the best of it.

Here's an Emo-BDSM Gladiator first draft. still fine tuning 😃

Drukhari.png.eb94997ef05ddb26a7fab9ca32b0fee5.png

Let me know if you'd like some of the costume files. I'd be more than happy to share them with you. 😃

Edited by Six-Six
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The Peacock said:

Operetta 5.jpg

I particularly like this one!

Broke out my "main", Flaminatrix to do some Ouro missions, because she hadn't seen much play lately (I'm up to 119 alts now and, well, they ain't gonna level themselves!) Finding that I still love the visual effect of the Spectrum body combined with multiple fire auras:

flaminatrix_sewers.jpg.6ecb05932c72fc7ad4f58f67cc1f7dbb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, The Peacock said:

Here's Operetta. I've been working on her for a while. I'm beginning to get happy with both her looks, which come pretty much in two forms: Venetian Carnivale or French Rococo:

Operetta 1.jpg

Operetta 2.jpg

Operetta 3.jpg

Operetta 4.jpg

screenshot_220525-22-18-44.jpg

Operetta 5.jpg

Operetta 6.jpg

I ran across Operetta while you were in Atlas trying different designs. It was striking enough that I took a screenshot to add to my OPC (Other People’s Characters) file. I should start a thread of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

@The Peacock Operetta is absolutely stunning! Love the way you combined all those different costume pieces to get some truly unique looks.

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

32 minutes ago, Trike said:

I ran across Operetta while you were in Atlas trying different designs. It was striking enough that I took a screenshot to add to my OPC (Other People’s Characters) file. I should start a thread of that.

I saw you too! I think I saw something I liked on a toon of yours and did a getglobalname and was like: "oh, that's Trike. That makes sense."

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, The Peacock said:

Here's Operetta. I've been working on her for a while. I'm beginning to get happy with both her looks, which come pretty much in two forms: Venetian Carnivale or French Rococo:

screenshot_220525-22-18-44.jpg

Fantastic costume to fit the name.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1