Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

3 minutes ago, First Player said:

Untitled.png.811cf79198ea041462da2a53b952acaa.png

2.png.d6c56225ef712306b88ba19dff245c7a.png

Haven't yet thought up a background beyond former Carnie member with a magical staff but I'm working on it!

Nice clean look.  I like how the folds on the gloves end up looking more like flairs on 3/4 sleeves.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

image.png.cac7f9e50bec25facbf39ec6430e4e69.png Could we get zombie feet that could be colored same as legs already!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

...80's theme music... taking over... ngh... my BRAIN!

I'm glad you got the name inspiration! Though sadly, as a 90's child, I've never actually seen Punky Brewster. 😅 I've just heard the name a lot; I suppose I should go at least look her up, lol.

• Haha 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 hours ago, First Player said:

Untitled.png.811cf79198ea041462da2a53b952acaa.png

2.png.d6c56225ef712306b88ba19dff245c7a.png

Haven't yet thought up a background beyond former Carnie member with a magical staff but I'm working on it!

Your ability to make simple designs so striking and memorable is what I strive for 🤯

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

I am kind of torn between two versions of this character. It will be a Plant/something most likely.

With:

Mary Sumac 1.JPG

Without:

Mary Sumac.JPG

I prefer option 2 (without the CoT skirt).  Cleaner / less messy-looking.  ....but just my opinion.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, Cutter said:

Then for the first time in a long time, I whipped up a bunch of palette-swapped alternates. Same base gold, with different secondary colours & armours changed to match. Now I have to chase after the remaining costume unlocks!

image.png.b0270ed2ed5978873bb7910ee42e9ca4.png

I'm doing something similar with one of my alts:

orogenyst1.jpg.305aecbd94c1afe00977614f969b2d30.jpg

Though that pic doesn't show the whole story, since it doesn't depict his stone armor. He's using the "Lava" armor, and I've recolored the powers to match the fist & eyes aura. Here's what he looks like with the second costume and toggles up:

orogenyst2.jpg.8d9c4ff6d2bb8b6950d1e93075dc56cc.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

I prefer option 2 (without the CoT skirt).  Cleaner / less messy-looking.  ....but just my opinion.  🙂 

Interesting, because I was going to say I prefer the "with" option because it looks leafier... although maybe use a shade lighter green to get closer to the skin tone?

• Thumbs Up 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

I may have shared this particular costume of my main, Flaminatrix, before, can't recall. I designed it as her "Incarnate" costume, and to make it stand out from her other costumes I departed from her usual red+orange color scheme and went white+gold. Then, yesterday, I realized she had not collected the Praetorian exploration badges aside from First/Night Ward, so off she went to Nova Praetoria. As soon as she arrived, I realized, OMG, this is the city this costume was made for. It just felt "right" for zipping around under Tyrant's nose.

flaminatrix_prae01.jpg.c3c867097fb2c1b2d826021a499ca578.jpg

flaminatrix_prae02.thumb.jpg.efbc70d520b7c936808dd5436401b857.jpg

flaminatrix_prae03.thumb.jpg.ef000804bc4e7af28e48da2658b276da.jpg

(Oh, she got all of the above ground and all of the Underground badges. That took something like an hour and a half...)

(Oh #2 - As of yesterday as well, she finally has every single day job badge obtainable in Paragon City, First Ward, and the Shadow Shard.)

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 9
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I suppose I should go at least look her up, lol.

1) Your concept works great as a call-out.

2) Don't do that to yourself.  I usually hate it when "the kids" say that something old is "hard to watch," but in this case, it's fully justified.

Edited by TheOtherTed
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I'm glad you got the name inspiration! Though sadly, as a 90's child, I've never actually seen Punky Brewster. 😅 I've just heard the name a lot; I suppose I should go at least look her up, lol.

4 hours ago, TheOtherTed said:

2) Don't do that to yourself.  I usually hate it when "the kids" say that something old is "hard to watch," but in this case, it's fully justified.

That depends on whether @TygerDarkstorm is diabetic or not.  It's a rather sugary show. 😉  I'd take its innocent approach though, over some of the jaded hard-core stuff  served up these days.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I am kind of torn between two versions of this character. It will be a Plant/something most likely.

With:

Spoiler

Mary Sumac 1.JPG

Without:

Spoiler

Mary Sumac.JPG

I'm a fan of the "with" option as well. I think the CoT skirt grounds the look and adds a little bit of "solidity"(?) to it. Feels more complete to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

16 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

With:

Mary Sumac 1.JPG

Without:

Mary Sumac.JPG

I vote "with". But why choose? Multiple costume slots exist for this very reason. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

Both are great costumes!  I do feel, though, that the "without" version could use a sash, belt, or some sort of accoutrement...

• Like 1

Edit: Doomsinger's pic isn't showing, so for now I will just showcase Battlemage 😛

And below, my obligatory sorcerer with a checkered past who is simply trying to do the best he can for himself and possibly others(Vigilante), Battlemage Steele. Been told his bio gives off Dresden Files vibes so I will now claim that was my plan all along! something something fell into my trap something something.

image.thumb.png.260c17ebcd6192706955a81a9f86d228.pngimage.thumb.png.a824eef0e14407d78baa3d615643205c.png

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 4

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

I have made a small update to the nature character by adding the tribal belt. I don't know how I missed it before.

Mary Sumac 2.JPG

The friend I duo with and I have decided to make villains with a theme. He has decided on playing his Dark/Savage Dom Vampire, so I am either going for undead or classic movie monster. This is what I have come up with so far.

Bride.JPG

Ghost.JPG

Edited by Marshal_General
  • Like 14
  • Thumbs Up 2

I had some inspiration to update my Frankenstein monster girl to modern science. I made her as a Electric/Storm controller.

Meet Frankenstorm!

Frankenstorm.JPG

Frankenstorm Rear.JPG

I love how the parts look together even the piston boots to help her super jump along with the reinforced leg armor to keep her legs from breaking.

Edited by Marshal_General
  • Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 3

Is it bad when you zoom through the posted costumes and pause on one, "ooo that's nice", to click LIKE only to realize IT'S YOUR POST!?

• Haha 11
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum