Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

5 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

What AT and sets did people use for their Ultramen?

I thought about Scrapper but had to go Blaster for Energy Blast / Martial Combat.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

10 hours ago, Troo said:

I thought about Scrapper but had to go Blaster for Energy Blast / Martial Combat.

That’s what I went with, as well. For my Ultrawoman, I did Energy Blast / Atomic Manipulation.

If only we had an equivalent to the “Energy Sawblade” OG Ultraman had, but overall it’s pretty close.

1-A76-B9-DB-9694-42-B0-A4-F1-7-CE6-C07-E

On 6/26/2022 at 6:08 PM, Trike said:

Edit: So here are a bunch. Looks like I have 22 total, most of them just minor variations, but they were all based on an Ultraman/Ultrawoman costume I found online, whether from TV series or comics. Only 19 are here, but the others aren't much different.

My head canon is now that Trike has about 22 variations of any given concept ready to dish out at a moment's notice.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trike said:

After school Speed Racer/Ultraman hour was my favorite. They are hilariously unwatchable today.

Speed Racer/Ultraman/Hercules/Simba the White Lion here.

I am pretty sure I would watch original Ultraman even now but perhaps that is nostalgia speaking. The updated versions along way seemed to really lack something by comparison.

19 hours ago, Yellowjacket said:

UM.PNG.64ca40aeb1f6cc87aa89a323b684c367.PNG
Throwing my hat in the ring. Leaves a lot to be desired, but good enough for a tribute.

This being a male-specific helmet is one of the unsolved mysteries of City of Heroes, along with the renegade hat. I understand gender norming, but who was like: "That helmet is clearly a boy helmet".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Peacock said:

This being a male-specific helmet is one of the unsolved mysteries of City of Heroes, along with the renegade hat. I understand gender norming, but who was like: "That helmet is clearly a boy helmet".

It was ported from a male only enemy group I believe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bug You 2 said:

It was ported from a male only enemy group I believe.

Good point. And the renegade hat was probably to offset a lot of female options that were given during the same patch. 

But damn, having a Carmen Sandiego-style fedora could be useful for a number of my costumes.

4 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Speed Racer/Ultraman/Hercules/Simba the White Lion here.

I am pretty sure I would watch original Ultraman even now but perhaps that is nostalgia speaking. The updated versions along way seemed to really lack something by comparison.

I’ve tried to watch the new Ultraman anime but I can’t get into them. Pushing 60 does that.

I *have* gone down the rabbit hole of watching Ultraman compilation videos on YouTube. The franchise has really expanded since 1974. 😛 It’s smart from a business perspective that they ultimately went with creating specific toys to enable the transformation into the various ultras, but I’m kind of sad that kids today can’t just grab a pen and click their way into being a 60-foot space robot the way we could.

(Also smart: not having the new Ultras transform while INSIDE BUILDINGS. What was that about?)

7 minutes ago, Trike said:

I’ve tried to watch the new Ultraman anime but I can’t get into them. Pushing 60 does that.

I *have* gone down the rabbit hole of watching Ultraman compilation videos on YouTube. The franchise has really expanded since 1974. 😛 It’s smart from a business perspective that they ultimately went with creating specific toys to enable the transformation into the various ultras, but I’m kind of sad that kids today can’t just grab a pen and click their way into being a 60-foot space robot the way we could.

(Also smart: not having the new Ultras transform while INSIDE BUILDINGS. What was that about?)

Kids today have so much more than could be watching. But yeah, give me a Beta Capsule!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

Most of the Ultras seem to only use their energy attacks as a ranged finisher except for the one who would catch on fire and run and tackle the monsters.

When everyone knows you queue up your snipe first. It’s the only way to be sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

How did you make the head? I can figure out all the pieces except the face.

I wanna guess!

Let’s see… looks like that rebreather thing that sticks out out on the side, with the death goggles on the metallic face. Am I close?

Edited by Trike

27 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I was exploring different looks and made something a bit creepy.

Creepy.JPG

A bit creepy, he says, as the rest of us suddenly find ourselves afflicted with insomnia.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

How did you make the head? I can figure out all the pieces except the face.

Looks like it's the Metallic 2 Face option. Re-made it to double check, but I use it on my main - would recognize that particular sheen anywhere. xD

image.png.fbd7067b7bfdd456009ea52c72188c06.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

My new Broad Sword/WP scrapper:

Persian Prince

w4FOwKXHRQEF.jpg.5834c48ff76c0efcf80f40888e233a31.jpg

His description: "Escaped the dungeon, didn't get the girl..."

And...in case the reference isn't entirely clear for those born after 1998:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia_(1989_video_game)
Prince-of-Persia-1989.jpg.fc8e92edaf4055d36e781f6c85325c7a.jpg

Being born in the 80's I grew up playing the game for hours. (yes I am THAT old)

Edited by Retrobytz
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

@DustyLongshot ~ Everlasting ~ usually online daily between 18:00 and 20:00 UTC
Signature Characters: Dusty Longshot | Star Jewel | Emberflair | Mystfury | Miss Unity | 
Novaspark

Other characters - Starlight Sentinels on Fandom