Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Newest project is almost done. Some will be able to guess the rest just from a glimpse.

Sinclair

Sebastian Sinclair (Dark/Elec non-Defender) You really shouldn't depend on this defender.

image.png.03b635ff8402e2187aad6686242c4987.png

• Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

The Yawning Void - Sonic/Bio Sentinel

Yawning-Void.png

• Like 10
  • Thumbs Up 2

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

@TygerDarkstorm that costume is excellent.

..and you get a participation trophy @Mopery

yours is a nice african theme.

a lot of different stuff coming together nicely.

Edited by Troo
  • Thanks 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

17 minutes ago, Troo said:

@TygerDarkstorm that costume is excellent.

..and you get a participation trophy @Mopery

yours is a nice african theme.

a lot of different stuff coming together nicely.

Aw, thanks Troo! Definitely one of the funner ones I've come up with; sometimes you just feel it when a concept clicks. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

So I originally rolled The Singing Satyr as a Symphony/Dark Dom and got it leveled up to 50, but I was unhappy with it for a couple of reasons, so I re rolled as a Symphony/Dark Controller and recycled the costume.  However I will not delete a LVL 50 . So My Symphony/Dark Dom got a sex change and a new name.  Now She is know as Black Opera

1050331447_singingsatyr.thumb.png.7c003639516a7e924816b40f9ce5978a.png46163835_BlackOpera.thumb.png.386d71082f943cc56eb584df2a2b3482.png

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, Mopery said:

VengRa02.png

We conversated during the costume contest the other night on Excelsior put on by the Girls of Nukem High (I brought Vaarluuk the Seeker, posted somewhere upthread), which had some of the best costumes I’ve seen at one time. The theme was “Gods and Monsters”. Vaarluuk placed in the top 10, which was better than I expected, and Vengeance of Ra was one of the final 3. Well deserved.

During CCs I pass the time by reading bios, and there were surprisingly few given the large turn-out. Only Mopery and I had bios which hooked into CoH lore.

I asked Mopery if Ziad meant anything in Egyptian and he (I’m assuming) replied it was a cool name found among Egyptian names. I said that I do the same thing for my characters by browsing through baby name websites, to the point where Google thinks I’m going to have a baby. 😆

Edit — I see I put Vaarluuk (“far look”) in the costume request thread instead of here. So here he is (I think he’s level 32 or something now):

Vaarluuk.jpg

Vaarluuk-Bio.jpg

Edited by Trike
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Trike said:

We conversated during the costume contest the other night on Excelsior put on by the Girls of Nukem High (I brought Vaarluuk the Seeker, posted somewhere upthread), which had some of the best costumes I’ve seen at one time. The theme was “Gods and Monsters”. Vaarluuk placed in the top 10, which was better than I expected, and Vengeance of Ra was one of the final 3. Well deserved.

During CCs I pass the time by reading bios, and there were surprisingly few given the large turn-out. Only Mopery and I had bios which hooked into CoH lore.

I asked Mopery if Ziad meant anything in Egyptian and he (I’m assuming) replied it was a cool name found among Egyptian names. I said that I do the same thing for my characters by browsing through baby name websites, to the point where Google thinks I’m going to have a baby. 😆

Heya! Yeah figured since I'd won a prize with it I'd post it here.

In my own imaginings, the shoulders are supposed to represent Sunrise and Sunset, while the fiery backpack represents the arc of the Sun through the sky each day. Also when playing him he throws Neutron Bomb and it looks like he's hurling the Sun at enemies, same with the snipe and Cosmic Burst.

I have too much time on my hands... 😁

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What, me worry?

22 minutes ago, Mopery said:

Heya! Yeah figured since I'd won a prize with it I'd post it here.

In my own imaginings, the shoulders are supposed to represent Sunrise and Sunset, while the fiery backpack represents the arc of the Sun through the sky each day. Also when playing him he throws Neutron Bomb and it looks like he's hurling the Sun at enemies, same with the snipe and Cosmic Burst.

I have too much time on my hands... 😁

You deserved the win at the Girls of Nukem High CC, Very original design, great bio, etc.  (I stink at making Bios for mine, so I generally don't).  I an jealous of the whole package you put together. I wish I had come up with it first 😄

I must admit, since I placed 1st in a contest months back with my Tribal Warrior - Shuja Wa Giza, I am constantly trying to come up with better and better designs looking for that next elusive win.  I was actually surprised I place in the top 10 much les getting 3rd with Vindsvalr the other night, when there were so many great costumes entered.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

You deserved the win at the Girls of Nukem High CC, Very original design, great bio, etc.  (I stink at making Bios for mine, so I generally don't).  I an jealous of the whole package you put together. I wish I had come up with it first 😄

I must admit, since I placed 1st in a contest months back with my Tribal Warrior - Shuja Wa Giza, I am constantly trying to come up with better and better designs looking for that next elusive win.  I was actually surprised I place in the top 10 much les getting 3rd with Vindsvalr the other night, when there were so many great costumes entered.

It was the beard. The Nukem Girls really liked those hirsute brutes. Rawr.

• Haha 2

One of my rare tankers (Stone Armor/Super Strength)

The Real Ziggursky!

zigg-1.jpg.57b5a8b90354b31f23ccb2b5e929c9ca.jpg

zigg-2.jpg.c84d0d7fd7029d51c7dbff8d962998e0.jpg

zigg-3.jpg.6b65ca84c037a0ad73595f1e71903863.jpg

I tend to gravitate toward that Alpha costume set a bit too often, and I typically use a high-contrast color pairing. But in this case, I really like how the low-contrast color scheme worked out. The two colors are from the extreme left and right swatches of the same row of the color picker (7th row from the bottom). I think this is also the first time I've used that "High Tech Helmet", which I normally find kind of goofy-looking, but it somehow fit this character to a T.

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Trike said:

I said that I do the same thing for my characters by browsing through baby name websites, to the point where Google thinks I’m going to have a baby

I used to do something similar for my writing. The (USA) Social Security web site has a feature that lets you search for the most popular baby names for any given year. So I'd decide what year a character was born, pull up the top 100 male or female names for that year, and either peruse it until I found one I liked, or just roll a percentage die (or 2d10) to pick one randomly.

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

(Scroll down to "Items of Interest")

Since we had an Egyptian or two here recently, I thought I'd toss in my oh so basic MA/Ninjitsu scrapper, Egyptian Blue, based on a small replica statue of a blue Egyptian cat that's been on my desk for years.  "Egypitan Blue" is also the name given to the ceramics color that they achieved back then, which was a "modern marvel" in their historic world.45696389_EgyptianBlue.thumb.jpg.a102aa76cf59b3673e88c9ff58fe76ad.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Up 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 9/20/2022 at 9:41 PM, Trike said:

Vaarluuk the Seeker

I came up with this character for an architect storyline I'll never make where you team up with this mysterious time traveler claiming to be aligned with Ouroboros to collect gemstones forged by Tielekku in order to prevent the destruction of all magic. But (spoilers) it's a ruse! They're actually from an alternate reality where everyone tried to blow up Rularuu instead of trapping him but they just fragmented him into trillions of pieces and he's slowly infecting all life like a virus. The Rularuu zombie wants to use the stones to open a portal and blah blah blah. It was going to be a choose your own adventure where you either team up with the baddie because you're tired of having to think for yourself or you hard pass on slowly turning purple and becoming one with the overmind. Preventing an incursion from this reality was going to be one of the primary reasons Silos created the Menders so either Ouroboros or these fragments of Rularuu, probably some Rularuu-infected Phalanx/Arachnos thrown in there for fun, would've been the big bads.

sb2.thumb.PNG.48eb8473a9bb98d49a31220d73feff4c.PNG   sb3.PNG.6cde535b00ef83aa82ccd48656898d9b.PNG

WHTzq4U.gif

Edited by Yellowjacket
  • Like 11
  • Thumbs Up 3

59 minutes ago, Yellowjacket said:

I came up with this character for an architect storyline I'll never make where you team up with this mysterious time traveler claiming to be aligned with Ouroboros to collect gemstones forged by Tielekku in order to prevent the destruction of all magic. But (spoilers) it's a ruse! They're actually from an alternate reality where everyone tried to blow up Rularuu instead of trapping him but they just fragmented him into trillions of pieces and he's slowly infecting all life like a virus. The Rularuu zombie wants to use the stones to open a portal and blah blah blah. It was going to be a choose your own adventure where you either team up with the baddie because you're tired of having to think for yourself or you hard pass on slowly turning purple and becoming one with the overmind. Preventing an incursion from this reality was going to be one of the primary reasons Silos created the Menders so either Ouroboros or these fragments of Rularuu, probably some Rularuu-infected Phalanx/Arachnos thrown in there for fun, would've been the big bads.

That's a cool idea. It would be a fun story arc to play, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I had a name and concept pop into my head. All of the recent Egyptian themed costumes got my gears turning.

I came up with this. Anubis Prime - Staff/Dark scrapper

Not yet sure what look I like the best

1856126776_Anubis2.thumb.png.a26f41e065932e27d25055eb879143d7.png1199520361_Anubis1.thumb.png.b14842c177d94b9c9070defe2eb5cdd6.png176908819_Anubis3.thumb.png.69982c8771a743930735a43c91f74904.png828242577_Anubis7.png.12f5ae3e7bdfd18a227aeb98e0524775.png345124678_Anubis4.thumb.png.5a1a7577e8f3023d233207ac53309e0c.png903499202_Anubis5.png.af3e42300899ad4ef6806ef22f90d731.png774897289_Anubis6.png.e80f42c0280d7b6d8c249f7c9b38bf75.png

10 hours ago, Mr. Apocalypse said:

I had a name and concept pop into my head. All of the recent Egyptian themed costumes got my gears turning.

I came up with this. Anubis Prime - Staff/Dark scrapper

Not yet sure what look I like the best

1199520361_Anubis1.thumb.png.b14842c177d94b9c9070defe2eb5cdd6.png

I saw you on Excelsior this week. I prefer the blue look.

7 hours ago, Trike said:

I saw you on Excelsior this week. I prefer the blue look.

I think I have settled on a design, I really wanted some blue as well, but I was just too much in my previous designs. I was really partial to the white clothing, but that was too much black in the trim. What I have now is the result of no less than 20 different versions.  I changed up the face as well, I think it now looks much better.  If only there was a jackal ear option, until then Rat ears it is.

364093987_Anubis8.thumb.png.6a2a8469a8afa430a92e9a99e74fff99.png972281537_anubis9.png.d68f83eb773ec17dcadffb184df6cdfe.png464692297_anubis11.png.05a30ac1542ed0122f39fa66bbb07269.png1260975554_anubis10.png.aaeffeb443075d59b69bdb9858d5b536.png

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3