Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

It's been a while since I uploaded any pics of any new toons. I took a break for a bit and since coming back I feel like I've made some of my favorite characters/costumes so far. In order we have Manta-Man, a Marine biologist turned hero who uses a hydro-electric suit to bolster his meager power, the ability to continuously exude water from his body. Elec/Water defender

Coyote Knight, a Native-American hero chosen by Coyote to be his champion for the people using Coyote's mystic bow and quiver of tricks as a TA/A defender.

Gallowmyr, a forgotten knight of the round table placed in a long slumber, reawakened to continue his battle with a warlock.

Baneslayer, a DP/Ninja blaster. A member of the Midnight Club, Baneslayer has no magic powers but comes from a long line of monster hunters  who use magical weapons such as silver bullets, holy water anointed revolvers, and Excalibur itself to keep evil magics away. 

Finally, Bat by Night, a biologist bitten by a Crey serum injected bat. The screenshot doesn't do him justice. As a Symphony/Savage dominator, when in motion he looks amazing. His symphony powers are a faint blue meant to represent a mesmerizing sonic/sonar screech. Inspired by Morbius memes, and my love of the schlocky Werewolf by Night comics from the 70s. He was a random idea that took off.

screenshot_220924-06-40-54.jpg

screenshot_220621-01-16-50.jpg

screenshot_220708-03-43-01.jpg

screenshot_220924-02-40-58.jpg

screenshot_220924-03-59-46.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh hey, Bat By Night!  I saw you somewhere not too long ago, but I can't recall where.  I have a toon called Planet Of The Bats who looks a lot like that too.  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Speaking of bats, here's my PLANET OF THE BATS.  Most of his other costume slots are more "earthly bat" looking, and one even looks sort of like a planet (that floating orb head), but they're all fun.  He's a Dark/Mental blaster, and was a heck of a lot of fun to level.

2140398540_PlanetoftheBats.thumb.jpg.87d39539b4093277c345bc3bccc20039.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Not exactly the most original costume (if you know the reference you're a geek just like me) but this is a costume I was particularly happy with. Shining Scarab, my MA/SD Scrapper.

Shining_Scarab.thumb.png.09ad69738c63989197eaa92e7393b17a.png

Edited by GastlyGibus
Typos
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:14 AM, Six-Six said:

Back in melee mode. My latest scrapper, The Vegan Hater BS/Regen

253741099_VeganHater.png.147c2397423f64b41d7ee79ae102d30f.png

Edit: My toons are Villains by default. But based on his concept, he sounds like he should be a Hero

Eh, unprovoked attack on a minority group sure sounds like "villain" to me.  Let him wear it with pride, he's earned it!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

Been away from the game for quite some time, but had some free time this weekend so I rolled up a new toon for Page 4. Bit of a homage and amalgam of The Phantom, Blazing Skull and Ghost Rider.

Introducing, Torrid Spirit.

TorridSpirit2.PNG.f68936a12be8d8bd25efe34dc851f634.PNGTheTorridSpirit.PNG.4034a5e075d129f83e6d6371c08f5e2b.PNG

torridspirit3.PNG.f4bfb9f33f852c09a0db19ec1f1c6a31.PNG

TorridSpiritRunning.PNG.9124437c9f32bc0377f2c958fb1ed4ad.PNG

Very kewl! 👍👍

• Thanks 1

w00t!

Heer Oranje (Energy/Energy Sentinel) becomes my most recent 50, and finally gives me a full page of them:

heer50.thumb.jpg.73192930abf24c92e6baa8e3c34a509b.jpg

heer50-2.thumb.jpg.421ece825fa2a955f632793fd9236ddf.jpg

I was getting really annoyed while trying to get that first screenshot, because there was one guy putting those bubbles on everybody (you can see one on Ms. Liberty). I didn't want it on me, since it wasn't part of my character, so I'd dismiss it and he'd just reapply it. I had to ... use my words.

EDIT: Also, Atlas Park lighting really messes with costume colors. Made this guy look like a Denver Broncos fan or something.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

spacer.png

I saw you earlier in Cap before doing a Virgil SF. Was in the non-flame mode. Love the toon! Glad you went for fire on the sent! How does it play?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

56 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

I saw you earlier in Cap before doing a Virgil SF. Was in the non-flame mode. Love the toon! Glad you went for fire on the sent! How does it play?

I haven't gotten much of the Fiery Aura kit just yet, so at the moment he feels like he's made of tissue paper. May have to think outside the box to get his survivability up.

3 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

I haven't gotten much of the Fiery Aura kit just yet, so at the moment he feels like he's made of tissue paper. May have to think outside the box to get his survivability up.

I have a fire/fire sentinel and I do quite well with her.  Just survive the low levels and lean into those healing flames when you get them.

3 hours ago, Player2 said:

I have a fire/fire sentinel and I do quite well with her.  Just survive the low levels and lean into those healing flames when you get them.

@Mystic Fortune I have a Psy/Fire Sent that I got to 50 and agree with what Player 2 said. Granted, I didn't do much soloing with her as I tend to prefer doing team stuff. It's definitely a squishier armor set, but fun can certainly be had with it.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

20 hours ago, Mystic Fortune said:

spacer.png

This is terrific. I can never get costume change binds to work, so I’m jealous. Also, how did you get eye flames with the floating skull? I didn’t think that was possible without tricking the game into thinking the toon had a regular head.