Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Psignis, Psionic Melee/Fire Brute

PsigChoice.thumb.jpg.95cec9049cd3e74a918b20484fd44a0d.jpg

On the left is the costume I created him with. Creation costumes are usually placeholders. I try to make something I like but accept I will have to tweak and play until I get to something I really like. The next two costumes are the steps along the way to the rightmost costume I think will be his everyday costume.

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Player2 said:

It gives the people who want something to unlock something to do without making it a chore for people who don't care for unlockable content because it's all purely cosmetic and the usefulness is iffy at best, mostly for people who have specific themes in mind.  As for it being limited to one character per purchase... some things are apparently as expensive as they are, like the mini characters, specifically to keep them from being too easily attainable because there will be people who just won't appreciate it.  And I can tell you, I'm one of those unappreciative people.  I think the minis look stupid and I will not hesitate to immediately drop from a team with one, whether I show up and one is already there, one is recruited, or the player has the mini in reserve and turns it on in the middle of a mission.

Sorry, no time for your short shenanigans...  I've got big people problems to fight, alongside big people.

Take your little monstrosities elsewhere.  😝

Player2’s new theme song:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Player2 said:

No one.  Nothing happened.  Just don't like dumb munchkin junk.  You enjoy your dumb munchkin junk, though.

I always swing for the fences.  I'm awesome that way.  And you call the mini costumes what you like and so will I.  Ugly.  Dumb.

I may not agree, but you're entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us.

• Thumbs Up 5

21 hours ago, Player2 said:

It gives the people who want something to unlock something to do without making it a chore for people who don't care for unlockable content because it's all purely cosmetic and the usefulness is iffy at best, mostly for people who have specific themes in mind.  As for it being limited to one character per purchase... some things are apparently as expensive as they are, like the mini characters, specifically to keep them from being too easily attainable because there will be people who just won't appreciate it.  And I can tell you, I'm one of those unappreciative people.  I think the minis look stupid and I will not hesitate to immediately drop from a team with one, whether I show up and one is already there, one is recruited, or the player has the mini in reserve and turns it on in the middle of a mission.

Sorry, no time for your short shenanigans...  I've got big people problems to fight, alongside big people.

Take your little monstrosities elsewhere.  😝

Question, are you intolerant of all small characters or just the mini's? For instance, here's Atomic Prawn who is considerably smaller than Penny Yin.

Atomic_Prawn.jpg.ddd27cecb06edf5de89ae5c6d0c058da.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

14 hours ago, Player2 said:

No one.  Nothing happened.  Just don't like dumb munchkin junk.  You enjoy your dumb munchkin junk, though.

I always swing for the fences.  I'm awesome that way.  And you call the mini costumes what you like and so will I.  Ugly.  Dumb.

image.png.2b8bb2f03583b2f430d2e707826718a7.png they'll be coming for you.

• Haha 5

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 10/29/2022 at 9:57 PM, Mystic Fortune said:

spacer.png

this costume is really ace. Love the shoulder piece, is it meant to be AS’s helmet? 

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

3 minutes ago, Xiddo said:

this costume is really ace. Love the shoulder piece, is it meant to be AS’s helmet? 

Good eye! Yes, I intended it to look like a helmet.

6 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Freedom Wings would've also been a good name! Another great mini costume.

While I didn't try it, that feels like something that would have already been taken. Plus, being a parody character, the name "American Symbol" plays on the stereotypical nature of the character. A cocky bald Eagle soaring through the air listening to "Danger Zone". while blasting everything to smithereens with his M-16.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Those mini looks are awesome. I don't have nearly enough to get a slot so I will envy all of you.

Also, I don't know if anyone can tell me but why hasn't the HC Team made costume sets? I know we've had patterns and the such but no sets (like Knight set, Celestial, Valkyrie etc).

3 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Those mini looks are awesome. I don't have nearly enough to get a slot so I will envy all of you.

Also, I don't know if anyone can tell me but why hasn't the HC Team made costume sets? I know we've had patterns and the such but no sets (like Knight set, Celestial, Valkyrie etc).

I'm guessing it has something to do with lacking the proper software to convert modeled assets into a format the game can read. I can't presume to understand what's going on behind the curtains, but I have to wonder how it is smaller servers (such as Rebirth and Thunderspy) can add community made modeled clothing assets, while Homecoming cannot. Perhaps, it's something as simple as lacking a 3D modeler, or perhaps it's something much more complex...

Most times, I think the lack of any specific development tends to boil down to the god damned ancient spaghetti code this game is woven from.

It was mentioned that they have exactly ONE 3D artist on the HC staff, and most of their workflow is getting whatever they've designed in Blender or Maya to 'port over' to the Cryptic 3D engine without going completely bonkers. 

I've experienced "exploding mesh" from 3rd party mods in other games, and it is NOT fun.  The BEST outcome is a game crash, cos otherwise you're staring at a jumbled screen of chaos triangles (and your framerate goes to nil as it is all semi-rendered) while something tries to beat the stuffing out of you.   

So if there's only one person available, I'd rather they take their time to make sure things work right and don't make the client freak out, rather than insist on "new costume bits NOW".

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!