Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

Behold the

Meat Master

Shield / War Mace Tanker

As ready to hit the grill as he is the bad enemy!

Anyone know what cut of meat that shield is??

Dunno the cut, but that big slab looks a smidge overdone...

• Haha 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

On 11/23/2022 at 5:18 AM, Jawbreaker said:

Divisible, Ill/MA dom. being able to cast duplicates of yourself is so fun

fLWWQr0.png

I think this might be one of the top 10 costumes (and concepts) I've seen on here, bravo

Edited by Xiddo
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

This is a fairly new character I've been playing a lot lately.  It's a power combination I would've never thought to try, but is turning out to be really effective - The Earth/Pain Controller "Ana L'Gesia", since she can soothe the pain of her allies or impose it upon her enemies:

Ana L'Gesia2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2022 at 10:18 PM, Jawbreaker said:

Divisible, Ill/MA dom. being able to cast duplicates of yourself is so fun

fLWWQr0.png

Great concept, name, and costume! My inner OCD wants to say that the bottom white foot pattern should switch with the left one to maintain the overall aesthetic/theme, but you can ignore that lol 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Great concept, name, and costume! My inner OCD wants to say that the bottom white foot pattern should switch with the left one to maintain the overall aesthetic/theme, but you can ignore that lol 

Double check your OCD 🙂  .... the white foot matches the hand, shoulder, and face of that side.  If you switch you it, then it would look unbalanced and ruin the aesthetic.  ...and then my OCD would would scream.  😄  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:

Double check your OCD 🙂  .... the white foot matches the hand, shoulder, and face of that side.  If you switch you it, then it would look unbalanced and ruin the aesthetic.  ...and then my OCD would would scream.  😄  

But the double helix chest emblem! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

5 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I didn't get that comment until your response to Frozen Burn, now I have to change it lol

• Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

6 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Who knew you could take action screenshots of your characters in the costume editor without the default background?

*glances suspiciously at @Jawbreaker*

5Stable.thumb.jpg.6d265f3516a3fdfc2523d3b3bc4c37b6.jpg

Definitely going to be going that route (though perhaps not exclusively) going forward.

Oh yeah, the only way to go. Now if they could just tweak the CC editor so the characters could be seen from multiple angles/distances

• Thumbs Up 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

1 hour ago, Jawbreaker said:

Welp, I tried swapping the boots but for some reason the original looks better to me. Maybe it's just familiarity at this point. Thoughts?

Should have swapped mask too. Then you're alternating black and white from mask, to emblem to gloves to boots.

Still may not work for you but it would be less jarring to the eye than just doing the boots.

Edited by Erratic1

12 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Who knew you could take action screenshots of your characters in the costume editor without the default background?

*glances suspiciously at @Jawbreaker*

<snip>

Definitely going to be going that route (though perhaps not exclusively) going forward.

Another option is to use solid colour banners in your base to create a background wall that can be easily edited out.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

*cough* demoedit *cough*

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

4 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Welp, I tried swapping the boots but for some reason the original looks better to me. Maybe it's just familiarity at this point. Thoughts?

I like the original too.  But if you ARE going to try to match the double helix, then both the white boots and the gloves would need to swap to the left side (as we face it or character's right side).  That would leave the mask and shoulders white for the top half of the helix.  Maybe that would look better?  I dunno.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, demoedit can do that.  Poses, power effects, auras, the whole nine yards.

Demorecord files are text. Once you record a sequence, you can tweak parts of it (or insert other characters from their own demorecords) before re-rendering it in the game engine.  You can move the camera around, "change the scheme, alter the mood, electrify the boys and girls" if you desire.  And since it generates a sequence of still images (like an animator does for cartoons or anime movies) any one of those stills can be your screenshot.

• Thanks 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

6 hours ago, MistressOhm said:

Yes, demoedit can do that.  Poses, power effects, auras, the whole nine yards.

Demorecord files are text. Once you record a sequence, you can tweak parts of it (or insert other characters from their own demorecords) before re-rendering it in the game engine.  You can move the camera around, "change the scheme, alter the mood, electrify the boys and girls" if you desire.  And since it generates a sequence of still images (like an animator does for cartoons or anime movies) any one of those stills can be your screenshot.

Is that a slash command only or do you need another program to run?

21 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Is that a slash command only or do you need another program to run?

To begin a demorecord, ingame:

/demorecord <name_of_file>  ==>  name_of_file.cohdemo in your COH 'demos' folder.

Your character, and all other characters and NPC's in the area, are defined, their poses, animations, movement vectors, activated powers, everything.  The zone is specified, along with the sky (day or night, and is updated to 'move' the clouds by displacing the sky texture).  The camera position is defined, and if you move the camera around (zoom in or out, or pan in any direction) that gets recorded also.  Once that initial Big Chunk Of Data is written, if you activate a power, summon pets, change poses, this is all recorded.  The same with other players and NPC's in the zone.  EVERYTHING that the game would render to you during play, gets recorded.

/demostop  ==> Stops the recording and closes the above file.

To play back a demo, you invoke the CoH Game Client in "demo mode", specifying the filename.  The game client starts, and immediately replays the scene.  

You would use FRAPS, ORBS, Twitch, nVidia's recording client, or other screencap/streaming software to 'capture' the playback and save it on your hard drive either as a movie clip or a series of stillframes.

The power is in the .cohdemo file.  It's a text file, and can be edited.  You can change coordinates of the camera, and whatever it's looking at (the game only looks at you, but this isn't a hard and fast requirement for demo's).  You can cut and paste other characters to the scene from their own .cohdemo files.  You can delete extra characters, add NPC's, or change the zone or in-zone coordinates.  Don't like the sky or lighting? Change it to something else.  Want to be looming behind Veles's shoulder when he's talking to Morana and Atta?  You can do that too.  At one point I believe someone had come up with a demo-EDITING program, that calculated all the math to do the above, but if you're a masochist, you can do this in Notepad.

A noted vlogger and demo editor on Live, Samuraiko, held a panel at HeroCon 2008 outlining her process.  Links to the clips are provided, but since a lot of her content has vanished from Youtube since, they may not be valid any longer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------