Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 11/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, Dugunthi said:

Third is Yamasan, Staff/Invul Brute. For him I got a "peace time" outfit, a "war time" outfit and a "Japanese take on the Hulk" form. He's supposed to turn into a hulking Oni when shit gets serious. The name basically means "Mister Mountain".

dJuSFoR.jpgNNl6LDa.jpg

This guy looks strikingly like an in-game version of actor John de Lancie, aka Star Trek's "Q".

• Like 2

A blast from my Christmas past.  The villainous Nutcracker Rat King.  Made especially for the Christmas season in the original game.

Sadly, this can no longer be 100% recreated, as the current costume restrictions do not allow for the wedding tux to coexist with any cape.  But I felt it still worth sharing.  If the homecoming team ever finds a way for the two costume items to coexist again, I'll be recreating him.

(Yes I know the Nutcracker's character was the Mouse King.  I couldn't properly fit "Nutcracker Mouse King"  into the text field.)

NutcrackerRatKing2.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, Techwright said:

This guy looks strikingly like an in-game version of actor John de Lancie, aka Star Trek's "Q".

I don't really see it, but I can sorta see where you're coming from. Certainly got the hair! It was just the closest approximation to a chonmage available.

• Like 1

My first character. Obviously inspired by ghost rider. Haven't decided what all his powers and abilities are yet, much less his story. I have other exciting ideas for other characters, however I haven't had access to my computer for a couple months. I also want to apologize for the crappy photos. Don't have any other atm.

20190530_030017.thumb.jpg.ce0210ccc8ec7d9ecef056a6bb769b40.jpg20190530_163704.thumb.jpg.cfbc327ea5f3e971f568589c43214ac3.jpg

Edited by Scarefrank
  • Like 4

Aloha, folks! Small-time lurker here, but long-time costume design lover! So many great ones on this thread, so I thought I'd add my share.

The Rune Ranger, my main guy, former commander of the Rune Soldiers from First Ward and local rifle-slinging wastelander. (BR/Energy)

runeranger.thumb.png.f6ff6cf84ac1450d23c52ab668580abc.png runeranger1.png.5fa9d55d13cb3cc368bff47753a45b36.png

Codename Reaper (tried to go with just Reaper, but for obvious reasons, already taken), former black ops, now an FBSA special agent and Vanguard shock commando. (AR/Devices) (Pictured below : standard outfit, endgame exoskeleton and customized Vanguard armor)

reaper.PNG.a089b95a300b4dc0f35fea95ba4437a3.PNGreaper1.PNG.c3b79befde1c7ad4799ff2c8a10ae073.PNGreaper2.PNG.6e5f1f44d0f9e14ebd5c574d5bec3425.PNG

Bloodburn, former resistance fighter and Nazi experiment from Axis Earth, now a revengeful vigilante hunting 5th Columnists. (Fire/WP)

bloodburn.thumb.PNG.3e693c6efb5cb560d6660c218f23406c.PNGbloodburn1.thumb.PNG.d42895d3ef536d95ff421f51c4f17229.PNG

A more classical hero in the form of the Sleek Typhoon, last Atlantean and warrior of the waves. (Water/WP)

sleektyphoon.thumb.png.767beacda63c7723350f67202eb233c4.png

Powerjuice, a cross between Bane and Flash Thompson, or what happens when the athlete son of a renowned geneticist drinks a mix of Fixadyne and Superdyne. (SS/Bio)

powerjuice.PNG.317962408868f1d17fb2f93aa629cd5d.PNGpowerjuice1.PNG.2a019a5b8be2350cf5d11987e4a26426.PNG

(Apologies for the huge pictures!)

Edited by Virtual Green
Grammatical error
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

My Thermal/Dark Blast phoenix resurrectionist, Anastasis.

xV9NwVj.png

On 11/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, Christopher Robin said:

**pins sword against crumbling boulder**

"I ought to be after twenty years"

<grunts with exertion>

There's something I ought to tell you.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

8 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

My Thermal/Dark Blast phoenix resurrectionist, Anastasis.

xV9NwVj.png

Not too shabby. If you are going for a CR screenshot, you are much of the way there. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Hard seams, lopped off wingtips, rough edges on the power FX, wonky shapes and floaty dots

are a lot of the same things I ran into as well. The colors are a bit "loud" but then again it is a Phoenix.

The Greek theological reference is a bit on the nose (or should I say... on the beak? rs4wmRnk_o.gif) but it makes sense.

Nice work Red. zb7XgP0P_o.png

8 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

<grunts with exertion>

There's something I ought to tell you.

**chunk of the Merlon supporting the pinned swords breaks free and falls over The Cliffs of Insanity**

"Tell me."

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

48 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Not too shabby. If you are going for a CR screenshot, you are much of the way there. 07K1tHnz_o.png

Hard seams, lopped off wingtips, rough edges on the power FX, wonky shapes and floaty dots

are a lot of the same things I ran into as well. The colors are a bit "loud" but then again it is a Phoenix.

The Greek theological reference is a bit on the nose (or should I say... on the beak? rs4wmRnk_o.gif) but it makes sense.

Nice work Red. zb7XgP0P_o.png

**chunk of the Merlon supporting the pinned swords breaks free and falls over the cliffs of Insanity**

Tell me.

Thanks CR, still working out cleanly cropping stuff, as far as clipping that will probably be an issue until I dig my desktop out of it's box and have a bigger screen than my laptop to work with. I think I'm going to have to change my background again to allow for cleaner removal around flamy/swirly power fx. And then figure out how to soften those edges.

"I'm not left handed either."

<pushes Spaniard away, tosses sword up and grasps in right hand>

<swish swish thrust>

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, Virtual Green said:

Aloha, folks! Small-time lurker here, but long-time costume design lover! So many great ones on this thread, so I thought I'd add my share.

Well it's not the "Say hi, get welcomed" thread but since you are saying hello

in Polynesian then heya and welcome to the best part of the Forums Virtual Green. zb7XgP0P_o.png

24 minutes ago, Deadfear4 said:

I think I like this one better than my tech looking one.

I do too but with a name like Remorseless I kind of want to see it. His face/eyes are always covered though.

Just a thought but you could have a suit with one of the more villainous faces or maybe one even of the robot

faces (they are remorseless if not programmed otherwise) to really drive the concept home. Liking it so far though. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

@Virtual Green Nice!! Did you get inspiration from the police in the new Watchmen series? Looks awesome.

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom