Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Another character that's closing in on 50, Shaman Storm A Storm/Dark Corruptor heavily inspired by Brother Voodoo. As a teenager I went through a Marvel horror phase, and those marvel essential reprints were cheap fun, plus the horror art looked awesome in black and white. While not super popular I really enjoyed Brother Voodoo and I'm glad he's had stints of moving up in the Marvel world.screenshot_230510-06-26-52.thumb.jpg.d0572c672d3bae21651d34b3e49a7ba5.jpgscreenshot_230510-06-26-24.thumb.jpg.60b573aa86a441a5e8c66a4d01ae8e8c.jpgscreenshot_230510-06-26-36.thumb.jpg.40c638f8830fb5c20d83cf3a10ed906c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Meet my new Psy/Atomic Blaster, Aartie. My concept/idea for her is a little different. Her mutation has essentially filled her with so much radioactive energy, that her body/mind can't really contain it, so she's sort of at risk of exploding, so to speak. She uses the barbed wire to inflict pain on herself as a means of trying to channel some of the energy, and her gloves and boots are supposed to help her contain it as well, but she still finds that she needs to discharge charge this energy in what some might call a violent manner, making her a useful tool in the wrong/right hands.

aartie.png

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

7 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

She uses the barbed wire to inflict pain on herself as a means of trying to channel some of the energy

Brutal!  Reminds me of one of the Return of the Living Dead movies, (IIRC), where the main character's GF had to do something similar to suppress her hunger after getting infected...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, biostem said:

Brutal!  Reminds me of one of the Return of the Living Dead movies, (IIRC), where the main character's GF had to do something similar to suppress her hunger after getting infected...

Oh interesting! I've seen the trope used in some books too (one of the characters in JR Ward's Dark Brotherhood series uses them to control her "bad" side).

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

12 hours ago, Player2 said:

I made another stormy...

Peppermint Storm

Storm Blast / Pain Domination Corruptor

Is it Christmas already?  😃

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Is it Christmas already?  😃

Peppermint is good anytime of the year.

Well, I am thinking about having her go vigilante for the badges, so there might be some times when she's less good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Player2 said:

Peppermint is good anytime of the year.

Well, I am thinking about having her go vigilante for the badges, so there might be some times when she's less good.

Nothing says morally questionable like Christmas in may.

• Haha 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Nothing says morally questionable like Christmas in may.

2 hours ago, Player2 said:

I thought it was more of an ethics issue than a moral one.

Also, peppermint candy is not exclusive to Christmas.

516kSeI0XnL.jpg

• Like 2

Now that's a name I can trust!

ordinaryhuman.png

Edited by Mjolnerd
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Thumbs Up 4

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)