Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Kallisti Green

Another member of the 'Kallistiverse', Green comes from a timeline where at some point in the past Earth was visited by aliens who manipulated the DNA of her ancestors, giver her skin the green hue and enhancing the abilities of this hybrid. Kallisti is not very verbally communicative and holds herself aloof from the rest somewhat. From what has been dawn out of her, it seems she is part of a group who call themselves the Guardians of the Herd. The herd in question seems to be the 'pale skins', ie normal humans. She explains she is part of the trusted elite who are responsible to The Masters for the safety of the herd. The use of the term 'herd' has implications that the other Kallistis find rather disturbing so she hasn't been entirely accepted in the group and remains a bit of an outsider.

In game terms she is an Archery/Ninjitsu Sentinel.

screenshot_200119-14-17-47.jpg

Edited by kallistiuk
  • Like 7

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

spacer.png

On Live (Virtue) my main character was known as Justice Maiden, though in my mind, she was always called either Invicta or Olympia. Her new home since the dawning of Homecoming is Everlasting and she's now officially known as Invicta; I was so happy to have been able to finally grab that name for her. Her origins are magical, but in a modern sense could also be considered mutant, as she was imbued, while still in her mother's womb, with gifts from the goddesses Athena, Artemis, Hebe and Nemesis.

The costume on the left is mostly her original costume, from way back... the first Valentine's day event (2006, I think?), which was originally the only way to unlock the toga and victory laurel hairstyle as a costume piece. She wore this costume almost exclusively, except for when in uniform on patrol with the rest of the American Legion supergroup. I can't actually remember which shoulder pads, gloves or boots she wore with the toga, but I know later that year the Good versus Evil edition came out and I had her in Justice shoulder pads, gloves, and boots, but then during I10, upgraded to the Vanguard boots.

The costume on the right was my updated battle armoured take. I wanted it to still be recognisable and reflective of the original, but more utilitarian.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, Phoebus said:

spacer.png

On Live (Virtue) my main character was known as Justice Maiden, though in my mind, she was always called either Invicta or Olympia. Her new home since the dawning of Homecoming is Everlasting and she's now officially known as Invicta; I was so happy to have been able to finally grab that name for her. Her origins are magical, but in a modern sense could also be considered mutant, as she was imbued, while still in her mother's womb, with gifts from the goddesses Athena, Artemis, Hebe and Nemesis.

The costume on the left is mostly her original costume, from way back... the first Valentine's day event (2006, I think?), which was originally the only way to unlock the toga and victory laurel hairstyle as a costume piece. She wore this costume almost exclusively, except for when in uniform on patrol with the rest of the American Legion supergroup. I can't actually remember which shoulder pads, gloves or boots she wore with the toga, but I know later that year the Good versus Evil edition came out and I had her in Justice shoulder pads, gloves, and boots, but then during I10, upgraded to the Vanguard boots.

The costume on the right was my updated battle armoured take. I wanted it to still be recognisable and reflective of the original, but more utilitarian.

I remember seeing Justice Maiden around Virtue! Glad you're home

• Thanks 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Here's the initial costume for my villain, Jouleiana, an Energy Blast/Energy Manipulation blaster!

Juliana Omlin was an engineer on a Crey Industries project, researching ways to use fiber optics to transmit energies more powerful than mere light and data. When a hero came rampaging through her workplace, a piece of exploding equipment left Juliana blind, and the released energy permanently altered her skin, leaving her bright pink.

Once recovered from her other injuries, her mind was still as brilliant as ever, but now she held a deep hatred for so-called "heroes". She accepted an offer from Crey to have her right eye replaced with an experimental optical implant that interfaced with her undamaged optic nerves and restored her sight, along with providing other benefits. She returned to work, but her anger toward heroes only grew deeper. One day she stole materials from work and built herself a suit. The outer mesh of the suit is a dense fiber optic network that works as a transformer of sorts, amplifying the energies produced by the generator on her back. The network feeds the energy into her custom gauntlets. Her gauntlets release this energy in destructive streams and bursts, as well as giving her physical attacks considerably more power. The gauntlets also interface with her cybernetic eye to provide precision targeting.

joule01.jpg.443f08420e02e4cc77472b2ca9418448.jpg

joule02.jpg.d738f6557cf00f44bff27045458d33ed.jpgjoule03.jpg.72e932ce901173c2460d9cd588277ba4.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 3

This was the last costume of my namesake and main on live, Mystic Cross. I used to refer to this as her "Black Mage" outfit, fairly plain but it was one of my favorites, so thought I'd share it. 

MysticCross-BlackMage0.PNG.0b950a37132ee0ef6e932f8a921cead7.PNG

Here are a few "in combat" shots I took, for flavor 🙂

Fighting Malta

1148021357_MysticCrossvsMalta(1).thumb.PNG.b41cf919f68e520039c551dc17a409f9.PNG

Soloing the Nightstar AV

1855888018_MysticCrossvsNightstar(1).PNG.586c78b21dcf8df2dd3bd34683752976.PNG

Another fighting Nightstar (love the particle effects!)

1070594913_MysticCrossvsNightstarEnergyBlast(1).thumb.PNG.2fb963bc0c55c48c256816786173c3d4.PNG

I'll try to post some of my newer ones later, apparently Photobucket wants me to pay to upload now (haven't used it since 2012 LOL) so I need to set up a new photo hosting somewhere. For now, I hope you all enjoyed these! There are some great costumes in this thread, really inspiring! 

• Like 4

My underground, burrowing Brute, Whack-A, who decided to come out and see how others liked getting hit with a big hammer. Turnabout is fair play.

SrQwwsw.png

Edited by Oubliette_Red
Image update
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:23 AM, Redlynne said:

Have you ever considered piracy Imgur?

I have!

will need to consider Imgur though... thanks for the link 😉

On 1/21/2020 at 8:53 AM, NNDeepdish said:

Ooh yeah, photobucket's glory days are long over. Recommend imgur or gyazo

Never heard of gyazo, I’ll check that out too. 

Thanks for the suggestions! 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:32 AM, Oubliette_Red said:

My Thermal/Dark Blast phoenix resurrectionist, Anastasis.

xV9NwVj.png

<grunts with exertion>

There's something I ought to tell you.

Nice Phoenix. This is one I made back when the game was Retail. Looks like we both opted for some similar parts XD

ueIGvU6.jpg

nCEcE62.jpg

aTYChn9.jpg

9MioIsR.jpg

OELZ8W8.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, graff said:

Here's a bunch more because I was very pleased with the reaction from my other chars

Graff my old main Katana/SR Scrapper

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dr Dread Beam Rifle/Time Corr

dtgFrfI.jpg

9SJNHmB.jpg

Love Dr. Dread, fantastic use of the Insectoid top... rarely see that piece in use. Graff is very sleek too, I like the use of greys to balance out the black & white. 

10 hours ago, Mystic_Cross said:

Nice Phoenix. This is one I made back when the game was Retail. Looks like we both opted for some similar parts XD

The CoT shoulder pieces work so well with a lot of things. :)

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

@Oubliette_Red I probably used them entirely too much in the past due to the "newness" factor alone, but they really do mesh well with a lot of the other parts available, and remain one of my "favorite" costume parts to make use of.

I also tend to be partial to cloaks, hoods and capes, as you will see in the following 🙂

A new redesigned Praetorian version of my main, a KM/Invul Brute name Praetor Cross:

VlbBxFC.png

RtEB7RY.png

1h9tij3.png

Not entirely happy with how that one has turned out so far, but that's where I'm at currently.

Here's another Retail version of one of my alts that I found the other day while browsing, The Magdalena, a DB/Invul Brute:

8ODR3af.png

• Like 6

The thing I like about the CoT shoulder pieces is that they're big and prominent, but still conform nicely to a character's shoulders. A lot of the bigger, more armored shoulder pieces are designed to work with the chest or chest detail from the same "set" and end up positioned in such a way that they don't clip that chest/detail, even when the chest/detail is not present. For example, I love the look of the Olympian Guard shoulders for their smooth, clean lines, but unfortunately then can end up looking silly when not combined with the Olympian Guard breastplate chest detail and the helmet because they float in odd positions. They look particularly weird on an otherwise unarmored female character.

• Like 1