Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Reminds me of these ladies I came up with back on live, "Los Colores", triplets from Argentina. From left to right, "Colores Secundarios", "Colores Primarios", and "Colores Neutrales". All three different kinds of blaster. I created each on a different account so that I could log them all in together. Getting this screenshot required one instance of the game running on my Mac, and two instances running on a Windows laptop, and then about a minute to pose them together and get a couple screenshots before the instances on the laptop crashed.

screenshot_120605-15-25-10.jpg.6198c59b0a663b69b7d7cae30761c732.jpg

(Ambient lighting in AP made Primarios' pure red hair look orange, and Neutrales' white costume dots look pink.)

• Like 7

IMPETUA.JPG.e90e4c626200e51514521ddee4f4a305.JPG

Nothing terribly flashy or interesting for this new tanker.   But one of the Samurai chest details actually helps make a pretty good set of overalls. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

On 1/24/2020 at 3:37 PM, biostem said:

Very clever!  I remember reading about it some years back.  Cheers!

Thanks for that link, it consumed an entire evening following links from that page! 😁 which also inspired me to make a new alt... 

An alien emissary from the heart of the red star, Alpha Tau… Na'ir Al Dabaran (Rad/Fire Tank)

PZ9lXD8.png

vDMrrvl.png

fwJ6mhq.png

Nw9dty4.png

• Like 8

@Mystic_Cross He looks appropriately other-wordly, good job on making all these different pieces fit so well!

Here's Detective Dusk (Dark/Invul Stalker), a 1950s PPD officer who got caught in a Circle of Thorns ritual and ended up merging with the Netherworld, effectively making him a living, ageless shadow. A litteral "noir" character.

detectivedusk.PNG.9f94782764eef0b2ed5ac6bff74a7139.PNGdetectivedusk1.PNG.9353c120a1959b2f0a895b10fa5d0082.PNG

Edited by Virtual Green
  • Like 6

Looking through this thread, I find myself wondering if other people experience the same thing I do when designing a costume. I'll try out different combinations of pieces, and reject them because "that looks silly". Then I come here and see somebody else has chosen that same combination, and it looks awesome.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RikOz said:

Looking through this thread, I find myself wondering if other people experience the same thing I do when designing a costume. I'll try out different combinations of pieces, and reject them because "that looks silly". Then I come here and see somebody else has chosen that same combination, and it looks awesome.

All.

Day.

Long.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

On 1/26/2020 at 7:43 AM, Virtual Green said:

@Mystic_Cross He looks appropriately other-wordly, good job on making all these different pieces fit so well!

Thank you!

I really like Detective Dusk as well, really cool Noir concept! The color balance is near perfect. I have one small nitpick on the first costume though... the hand/wrist area looks noticeably shinier than the rest of the skin, are you using the shiny tights for gloves option there? or is that just how the bare skin looks for hands? Might not even be noticeable in-game, but it keeps drawing my eye in the shot lol. Cheers!

@Jawbreaker You nailed it with Cybertooth, love the colors and the tech/natural blend is superb. Great balance and concept. Same goes for Comet, she has a real classic look and I love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mystic_Cross said:

Thank you!

I really like Detective Dusk as well, really cool Noir concept! The color balance is near perfect. I have one small nitpick on the first costume though... the hand/wrist area looks noticeably shinier than the rest of the skin, are you using the shiny tights for gloves option there? or is that just how the bare skin looks for hands? Might not even be noticeable in-game, but it keeps drawing my eye in the shot lol. Cheers!

@Jawbreaker You nailed it with Cybertooth, love the colors and the tech/natural blend is superb. Great balance and concept. Same goes for Comet, she has a real classic look and I love it!

High praise indeed, thank you!

• Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

10 hours ago, Mystic_Cross said:

Thank you!

I'm glad you like it! As for the hands, I use the Bare Hands texture, but I agree that they do seem a bit more shiny than usual.. Might be because of the pitch black skin color. I might switch to another option, as it has been bugging me as well, ahah. Thanks for the input, MC!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

I'm glad you like it! As for the hands, I use the Bare Hands texture, but I agree that they do seem a bit more shiny than usual.. Might be because of the pitch black skin color. I might switch to another option, as it has been bugging me as well, ahah. Thanks for the input, MC!

The bare hands as used with jacket sleeves rather than tight tops do have a couple texture matching issues when used with sleeves that end before the elbow. It's slightly less noticeable with some skin tones, but never completely absent. 

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Jewel - stone armor/stone melee, Mermaid - sonic res/sonic attack, Ultraviolet - radiation blast/energy manip, Magicka - illusion control, time manip

j2sR1Nu.png

Brunhild - broad sword/shield defense, Fembot - shield defense/super strength (may change?), Powerpuff - super strength/invulnerability, Crystal - broad sword/shield defense

LYlbFmt.png

Luna Moth - kinetic melee/energy aura (also may change)

• Like 8

Miss Judge

War Mace / Bio Armor Scrapper

That's one hella big gavel.

7X8T5Ff.jpg

Agent Arcanum

Assault Rifle / Mental Manipulation Blaster

If Elliot Ness was the Phantom Stranger...

i0ZFnJn.jpeg

Beehive

Gravity Control / Savage Assault Dominator

That's going to sting!!

ljVxz59.jpegkU6Tmy4.jpeg

Edited by Player2
(Fixed missing images)
  • Like 7

The Bourbon Blaster

Water Blast / Mental Manipulation Blaster

"Here's Lagavulin in your eye!"

image.thumb.png.26395f8f5f413b95a72e133d0c8bbe86.png

Galavina

Radiation Armor / Energy Melee Tanker

She's out of this world.

image.png.8712eba6e68ea987629081327c8d9e1b.png

Sacred Strike

Kinetic Melee / Shield Defense Brute

"I've already fallen... Your turn."

image.thumb.png.5f8e13d451605f2715e5dc8e7b4bde37.png

• Like 4

The Glorious Googly-Moogly

Darkness Control / Psionic Assault Dominator

"Great googly moogly!"

image.thumb.png.67560b5d774a7499508e637907354e69.png

Miss Leader

Mercenaries / Force Field Mastermind

"That's right, just pay attention to me..."

image.png.d45abc490a710e6be9aa16f2836e1ac1.png

Turbofist

Energy Melee / Super Reflexes Brute

High speed pain coming your way!

image.png.e4bd415114d492d2d0f8205dab036c5b.png

• Like 4

Origin

Nature Affinity / Psychic Blast Defender

Just a nature goddess... that will give you a migraine.

image.thumb.png.57dc9588063f73b07931770e4b059585.png

Crafter

Savage Melee / Electric Armor Brute

What does he craft?  Pain.

image.thumb.png.3b6d7da00c9fddd2ca45ea3de1fa51e6.png

The First

Dark Control / Dark Assault Dominator

Be afraid.  Be very afraid... because he's really not giving you a choice.

image.thumb.png.d7cc746007d0f1aa1bc020544267b411.png

• Like 4

Omnipotence

Bio Armor Radiation Tanker

"I'm not a god, I just play one on TV."

image.thumb.png.5372950f4b56e15411d27c83ce4daea1.png

Superstition

Fire Control / Dark Assault Dominator

Very superstitious... Nothin' more to say.  Very superstitious... The devil's on his way.

image.png.e87a99517f8a54329320b44a79145df3.png

Tinker Tot

Robotics / Nature Affinity Mastermind

Just a gadget fairy...

image.png.cc6231cfd0c95423d9b7f5e42483a591.png

• Like 3