Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Haha, back on live I had some Menders of my own that were 'veiled' (by which I mean the veil being completely transparent) expies of characters from well-known time travel stories... Mender Epoch (Bots/Thermal MM), Mender Zeal (Fire/Dark/Mu Corruptor), and Mender Lathrop (Kin/Elec Defender)... let's see if I can reconstruct their costumes from memory:

image.png.eaa7f1bcb070d95ccf611f238b5f460c.png image.png.1bef559da4733256fcfa1c5fe47a96fa.png  image.png.179349423849257ee7338c1b4a33e3b3.png   

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

Homecoming has me back in the game since I found out about it the other week, I've got, um, nine characters so far and more to come no doubt. These are two of them.

Big Brother is my main, a street justice/invulnerability tank. Inspired by Power Man and some curiosity about how buff you could make a character without using the (IMO) deformed looking heavy body model. He's 8' 6" or so according to the character creator's height chart. As well as Luke Cage, I was thinking of 70s black action heroes and wanted to do one without being, you know, super racist. I think he looks pretty good. Backstory: ex-reporter, injected with chemicals by Dr. Shelley Percey when he uncovered that she was injecting the same into sick kids under the disguise of treating their illness. Having turned him into a super -- much to her dismay -- "Black Samson" pulled the building down around her. After that he thought it better to relocate from Chicago to Paragon City and blend in with the other capes.

202571376_bigbrother.jpg.8d5264b94b8e36d5b08ad7a630a9e15f.jpg

This is Nightvision, who's a blend of Captain America, Iron Man, old-school Rom: Spaceknight, and I don't know what for powerset. He's a stalker, the suit is a stealth rig with energy punches and shield. I'm kind of enjoying breaking some missions by waltzing past all the opposition to the main villain and then clocking them from hiding. His shtick is fighting Nazis and high-tech villains, taking down the leadership through stealth and teleportation, and not incidentally scaring the hell out of the foot soldiers.

NIGHTVISION.jpg.d6cad76d6e5e0408cb17727dc42d5e3d.jpg

Edited by Paul Drye
Fixed a run-on sentence that was just embarassing. Me english good.
  • Like 5

Two more, why not? Themed this time: heroes with memory problems.

Ghost in the Machine is largely inspired by Black Widow and Elektra. She was a person unknown before Crey snatched her off the street, scooped out her brain, and replaced it with a neutronic computer containing the copied skills of the world's greatest martial artists. Intended to be the perfect assassin, her previous personality somehow survived and surfaces to a greater or lesser extent to temper the machine's bloodlust. Crey got their assassin, but one who's on a vendetta against them.

1716028643_ghostinthemachine.jpg.6ea697fc40bd7995e1a6ef570106f2ed.jpg

Quantum Dot I started on Everlasting because I think I might RP with her. Her inspiration is a bit of a deep cut, Halo from the old Outsiders. She was found badly injured in the alleyway behind Icon and goes by Dorothy -- "Dot" -- because her amnesia makes a lot of everyday life strange and unfamiliar to her. Like she says, she's "somewhere over the rainbow, get it?" Serge took pity and, after she recovered, gave her a job working cash in his shop. Then she discovered she had powers when she made some harassing Tsoo leave by blasting them through the front door. Which was a bit of a surprise, but at least the business insurance paid for that. Serge gave her the costume as a gift after, and she's currently tromping around Atlas Park fighting Vazhilok even though they smell terrible. This is her in front of the shop indulging in sweet, sweet baked goods filched from the staff room.

1751726920_quantumdot.jpg.390230842cb163e3d936f5da191b5678.jpg

Edited by Paul Drye
Department of Redundancy Department
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

And now, here's my future cash cow, a fire/spines tanker named Backburner.

image.thumb.png.aebb2d25e27a1752741fd1e6e2dd8fad.png

It's right about now that I'm expecting a fire farmer character to show up with the "it's raining money" aura named ...

💵 ... Overdraft ...  💵

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:44 PM, Flashtoo said:

I don't have a character to use this on, but I've had it sitting around and just my luck - last night, someone joined my group with a bee-themed character who had no hero costume yet! It'll probably be adjusted by the actual player to match face and desired colors, but I wanted to show it off here as just mine, too:

image.png.b92b02a41401debb8a44781e5f03b23d.png

I too have made some bees! One is a blades scrapper, the other a blades stalker, either way they play about the same. It was the only thing that made sense to resemble stinging I guess?
I've seen a number of other bee toons on my server, and they all seem to have a different approach to how they pull it off! Your choices for costume pieces seem a lot more clever than my "tights with stripes" approach!

SSVV.jpg

• Like 4

I drawed things:

Gallery of my CoH Pantheon

6 hours ago, SpookTheHerd said:

I too have made some bees! One is a blades scrapper, the other a blades stalker, either way they play about the same. It was the only thing that made sense to resemble stinging I guess?
I've seen a number of other bee toons on my server, and they all seem to have a different approach to how they pull it off! Your choices for costume pieces seem a lot more clever than my "tights with stripes" approach!

I really wanted to make a cool bee hero, but had nothing and ended up doing a wasp-ish mutant villain instead. In my head he should be constantly secreting stuff in some fashion. Went with spines/bio as the metallic spines worked well as stingers.

vespoid.thumb.png.83d0409b687241fd915023a56913484b.png

• Like 5

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

3 hours ago, Raught19 said:

Thanks! I spent a lot of time tweaking him to his current state. He looks amazing when using Phantom Army

image.thumb.png.b135e90c64fac799878248817bc007ff.png

Man, now I really wanna make a Illusion-controlling Djinn.. What's his secondary? (also, do you mind if I take "inspiration" from it, as @PoitVok puts it? :D )

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Man, now I really wanna make a Illusion-controlling Djinn.. What's his secondary? (also, do you mind if I take "inspiration" from it, as @PoitVok puts it? :D )

Big fan of genies, djinns, and shaitan concepts!

First one is my Gravity/Time Controller, Genie.

Second one is my Psychic/Bio Sentinel, Biopsy.

screenshot_200316-15-16-04.jpg

screenshot_200316-15-30-08.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Sure! if you want, make it a "Shard of Orikzul" 

If you make one, let me know! I'd love to see it

Hes an Illusion/storm 🙂

Here is his Person Info, borrowed from the Origin story of the Djinn in The Secret World.

We have told you this story before, sweetling, of the Jinn and the First Age. We witnessed their birth from the smokeless flame, created by the Host. There were others too, some born of the trembling earth, the chanting waters, or shining winds — but their fates branched in other directions. They all swore oaths to Gaia and protected her. All was tranquil, until your species came into the world.

The jinn were hurt, those of fire most of all, and angered -- that Gaia should be so fascinated by these talking monkeys. They took further insult when stewardship of the Earth passed into the hands of humankind. Know too that hate is love -- squeezed, bottled, and fermented. The jinn, along with many others of the demon-kind, grew furious. How could the miracle of this blue planet, and all of its promise, be inherited by these short-lived, ill-equipped foundlings?

"We are fire," the jinn proclaimed. "Why should we bow to the clumsy clay?"

Edited by Raught19
  • Like 2