Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

1 hour ago, GM Arcanum said:

Name: GM_Arcanum
Powers: Magic!

Concept: Floating magic spellbook.

(Does this count?) 😄

I was thinking "Oh hey, I should post my latest project, my Unholy Accountant." I can not top a floating spell book.

What happens when somebody reads from it?

• Haha 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

A Water Blast character. NOT from Atlantis. But from a Fae version of the Seas near Japan. Juri is a Priestess of the Godai Shrine. Studying the interaction of the elemental workings, or bending. She's a natural talent with water, given her lineage. But has knowledge of the other elemental forces and shows potential with the manipulation of them.

spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png 

spacer.png

The reason for the bright colors was two-fold. One - she's royalty - and two - for compensation against the lower light levels underwater. 

• Like 20

I can't take 100% credit for this design - I was building a dark/shield brute, entered the costume creator, and 90% of this is the random costume you get when you enter the creator...

960699879_UmbraParadox.png.1b24ce76c1368389b87b46ed96e478e5.png

I cleaned up the colors, changed out the shoulder pads, and removed the laces from the gloves and boots - and I was set.  (No chest emblem at this point.)  But I kept fretting with a name...  Umbra "something".  "Umbra" means shadow, and I kept playing with theme of shadows but nothing stuck.  Left him sitting in my character list while I stewed...

Then out of the blue I was hit with inspiration for his character bio:  "A shadow is a paradox, darkness whose existence emerges from light.  Defended by light, protected by darkness, I too am a paradox."

Back to Icon to add the "?" emblem to his chest and Umbra Paradox was ready to hit the streets of Paragon City.

• Like 4

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

5 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

A Water Blast character. NOT from Atlantis. But from a Fae version of the Seas near Japan. Juri is a Priestess of the Godai Shrine. Studying the interaction of the elemental workings, or bending. She's a natural talent with water, given her lineage. But has knowledge of the other elemental forces and shows potential with the manipulation of them.

spacer.png

The reason for the bright colors was two-fold. One - she's royalty - and two - for compensation against the lower light levels underwater. 

Nice! I'm usually not a big fan of costumes with many colors, but this is really well done 🙂

• Thanks 1

Here are my 89th and 90th alts (I've now surpassed my alt count from live). I don't usually design all of their costumes at once, but I got a bit inspired and kept going after the first one.

First up is my new villain, "The Ozonator" - the name is based on "ozone", in reference to his electrical blast powers; nothing to do with the "Oz" in my name.

oz01.jpg.87c327ba821c3c4399864d4ce7b0e8c4.jpgoz02.jpg.7b1f320fe641a746a07a45239973dd8b.jpg

oz03.jpg.b6f92acd04de3360ffa183c4403ac627.jpgoz04.jpg.1f4c9643e8df7c2f51e46480446aeed7.jpg

oz05.jpg.94f27d1f98fec5c15e0ae3c5b38effe8.jpgoz06.jpg.5d9657ba58d6ffe0155786cf32cb311b.jpg

#90 is the heroine,"Ba'shix". She came popping out of a Portal Corp portal one day, wearing nothing but her weapon and a cloud of dark energy, as her species does not wear clothing. The black parts you see in the first costume are her skin; the "mask" around her eyes is a natural marking, and the crystalline "crown" is also a part of her body. The Portal Corp people, once they figured out how to communicate with her, were able to persuade her to put at least something on so as not to ... surprise ... the locals. They learned from her that the Council had somehow invaded her dimension and laid waste to her planet, and that she had managed to track them back to our Earth, where she now seeks vengeance.

bash01.jpg.74bc76a78b25b1d89f793622da4f39eb.jpgbash02.jpg.6de27000b2d87cd6ecedfa375cb47194.jpg

bash03.jpg.8a481450fe52adf940a08814889aa198.jpgbash04.jpg.9bfee344d30f8c2fba8ebf0437524ef1.jpg

bash05.jpg.a5588f9c4abe884155c8ac8aed6d2047.jpgbash06.jpg.341a9735f6fd56ff07a20915de92f334.jpg

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 3

Created a Dual Pistols/Super Reflexes Sentinel, a hired gun who named himself Shimenawa after the rope that demarcates a place of sanctity/purity. His name is a boast, as is his outfit: dressed in white, any damage would clearly show against him, yet he remains pristine. It also ties back into how his outfit literally binds him - he covers his eyes for the challenge of it.

Screenshot 1 (Suppressive Fire)

Spoiler

897573485_Shimenawa1.png.ec2b33c2e9b63f3f6b276394884debfc.png

Screenshot 2 (Pistols)

Spoiler

1125959366_Shimenawa2.png.6f2a094353cae9962c6edc26ca593490.png

Screenshot 3 (Empty Clips)

Spoiler

307961156_Shimenawa3.png.bedcc178a0074b7b958cce368b2d5a50.png

• Like 5

My namesake toon. RX-90 Dynamo Joe. Obviously a bit of an homage to the Dynamo Joe comics series from the mid 80s. Since these are inspired by Giant Robot Anime of the 80s, some of the pics will have the outlining on them. 

This is the Mark 1 Dynamo unit. The more detailed designation is RX-88 GP-01

MPfb343.png 0xFEUpD.png

This is the upgraded Mark 2. Designation RX-90 GP-01

P0eiJfx.png yU8s5uN.png

Next is a Mark 2 Dynamo with an aerospace maneuvering package equipped. Parts of the armor and weaponry have been stripped down and made lighter. And a high performance set of thrusters with wing verniers has been added, as well as long range comms gear. Designation RX-90 FB1

VWTNG0K.png jU06A5B.png

Next variant is focused on ground operations with a focus on arctic environments. So the armor isn't any more effective than the base model - but it and the gun are bulkier with heating elements meant to prevent critical components from freezing in the cold. Also the paint job is muted in arctic camouflage colors. The unit CAN fly. But it's not very good at flight operations. The thrusters are better at providing a ground effect that Dynamo Joe can use to "skate" along the ground or icy surfaces at high speeds. 
Designation RX-90-AG1

lkavBK4.png mouiEmJ.png h5ZtQBu.png

Here's Dynamo Joe's pilot: 
Here's a comparison of the height difference: 
Bjn2u4j.png bspwxrx.png

He uses the Rocket Board to get around when he's not in the Robot.
I made a Pilot costume because the robot is SO big that sometimes it's just more convenient to switch down to smaller size for certain things. (Camera angles and the like)

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

My namesake toon. RX-90 Dynamo Joe. Obviously a bit of an homage to the Dynamo Joe comics series from the mid 80s. Since these are inspired by Giant Robot Anime of the 80s, some of the pics will have the outlining on them. 

This is the Mark 1 Dynamo unit. The more detailed designation is RX-88 GP-01

MPfb343.png 0xFEUpD.png

This is the upgraded Mark 2. Designation RX-90 GP-01

P0eiJfx.png yU8s5uN.png

Next is a Mark 2 Dynamo with an aerospace maneuvering package equipped. Parts of the armor and weaponry have been stripped down and made lighter. And a high performance set of thrusters with wing verniers has been added, as well as long range comms gear. Designation RX-90 FB1

VWTNG0K.png jU06A5B.png

Next variant is focused on ground operations with a focus on arctic environments. So the armor isn't any more effective than the base model - but it and the gun are bulkier with heating elements meant to prevent critical components from freezing in the cold. Also the paint job is muted in arctic camouflage colors. The unit CAN fly. But it's not very good at flight operations. The thrusters are better at providing a ground effect that Dynamo Joe can use to "skate" along the ground or icy surfaces at high speeds. 
Designation RX-90-AG1

lkavBK4.png mouiEmJ.png h5ZtQBu.png

Here's Dynamo Joe's pilot: 
Here's a comparison of the height difference: 
Bjn2u4j.png bspwxrx.png

He uses the Rocket Board to get around when he's not in the Robot.
I made a Pilot costume because the robot is SO big that sometimes it's just more convenient to switch down to smaller size for certain things. (Camera angles and the like)

How did you get your second costume to change height that much

2 minutes ago, Shrek69 said:

How did you get your second costume to change height that much

Did you mean the Mobile Suit or the Pilot? If the Pilot - just make sure you go to a Super-Tailor. Usually the one at the back of the Icon to the right or the one in the Tiki club in Pocket D. And when you open the super tailor, you get the initial screen that lets you change from Male, to Female to Huge and also change the height slider. 

If you mean - how is the Robot suit THAT BIG (like about a head taller than the top of the usual scale)? Well you see - there's this little editing trick I know of... 😄

• Thanks 1

So yeah - another "Giant Mecha" type character. This one started out when I saw the following picture of Gundam Barbatos

xnWIH8Z.png

And I immediately thought - "Now THAT is a Titan Weapons character I can get into!" 

6ej2pQk.png

pi73Wlz.png

FxOns6S.png

j0xE7R8.png

In-game name is Ronin Barbatos. 

• Like 6

My main and namesake. This costume just evolved over time since I started playing on live, but it's one of my favourites and I fear that may be pure bias (though I have recieved some compliments here and there for it)

spacer.png

My dark/poison corruptor, Papa Ghede.

spacer.pngspacer.png

And this is Scabs. With the power of.....scabs.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 8

10 hours ago, The Volt said:

My main and namesake. This costume just evolved over time since I started playing on live, but it's one of my favourites and I fear that may be pure bias (though I have recieved some compliments here and there for it)

spacer.png

What gloves are those?

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Growbot! Basically cannibalized my 5hort 5ircui7z's costume (turns out elec/kin trollers aren't for me).
Growbot was a surveyor bot sent to some lush distant planet, and powered down  after running out of juice. Luckily for him the nature there is benevolent and saw a creature in need, and helped him! Now he protects nature. (Plant/Savage Dom)
981630026_ScreenShot2020-03-21at9_36_03PM.thumb.png.3c454400ae1d1bd8cecd04f38376250d.png

Cano! Water/Bio Sentinel, with water coloured as lava! (Cano as in VOLCano)
Basically a fire priest/warrior/sacrifice tossed into a volcano to protect his people, came out covered in lavarock and able to toss lava.
1648319768_ScreenShot2020-03-22at12_32_29AM.thumb.png.11295d9ba0c0f4350da7477c8a5761ed.png

Chernoboy has a cape now, figured he should look more Soviet than he did before, and add a splash of colour.
1863246664_ScreenShot2020-03-21at11_49_59PM.thumb.png.0d7024bcdf22288c77ea09f3052a9332.png

Thunduress, Storm/Sonic
247608495_ScreenShot2020-03-21at9_36_59PM.thumb.png.20510faf7c9d319900cd8307b5a44ba7.png

Junkhammer! TW/WP Brute! Just a junkyard owner fed up with having his junk stolen.
The celestial aura on his gloves only show up in combat (to match the jet turbine hammer)
791564346_ScreenShot2020-03-22at12_01_24AM.thumb.png.ae9015dde22f7a180a69f62fb1264254.png

• Like 8