Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

11 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

Strangehands, magic blaster, dark/rad ( recolored to yellows and blues).    Once an explorer, archaeologist and tomb raider, he got his hands stuck in a trap in an ancient temple while trying to steal some magical gems. ( He chose...poorly)

str.PNG

Clever use of skin tone/glove color to make the effect look like it's coming from under his skin

• Like 2

This morning, I came across this bit of silliness:

So I just had to make this, a villain named "Orange Colored Sky":

ocs.jpg.39a9720be2531e8a3d84dcafc1b3fe72.jpg

I do wish that hardhats, like you see on construction worker NPCs, were available. The girls in the video appear to be wearing jockey helmets, but a yellow hardhat would come close.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 4/12/2020 at 5:31 PM, Carandiru said:

Lets go create a SG Theme? Onu Army? I Have USSR Army  and Terra Brazilis! 😛

My virtual SG, "The Extracurriculars", is made up of former students of the Galaxy City International School for Superpowered Girls. The non-US members all have costumes designed around the colors of their national flags. It has representatives of Mexico, Brazil, England, Japan, Ukraine, Scotland, and Canada.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RikOz said:

My virtual SG, "The Extracurriculars", is made up of former students of the Galaxy City International School for Superpowered Girls. The non-US members all have costumes designed around the colors of their national flags. It has representatives of Mexico, Brazil, England, Japan, Ukraine, Scotland, and Canada.

Nice... I created a character for your SG! Alaska (the "L" is true "í" capital letter) , my global is Dnamo.

alaska.jpg

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of 2000AD and the ABC Warriors (probably why most of my characters are robots), so when I created my Bots/FF Mastermind ROBOSTEIN back on live all those years ago, the idea was that each costume was a different member of a robot team.

image.png.d59b9b037e128a05b21ce54ff1cde247.png

I've now recreated him again and he's currently running around in these two costumes, closer homages this time to the ABC Warriors, General Blackblood and Joe Pinapples 🙂

image.thumb.png.e090695d1d99934193969334eaf6a7df.png

image.thumb.png.eccee667d1d004de823e4a99b9ab7bec.png

• Like 11

On 4/16/2020 at 3:03 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Glyphica was my main on live.

I didn't play CoV much (never CoH) but it was pretty easy to recreate her from memory. I don't even know what server I used to play on... but I always loved the design.

She's got some art... and a VirtueVerse page (if you're into that sorta thing).

166989217_GlyphicaTorsoRef.thumb.jpg.966e255ba7a6093113521a372b34a4f6.jpg

It's always fun seeing you around Everlasting! Such a good character concept and a simple yet powerful design. 

• Thanks 1

"All thoughts of retreat are discarded as counterproductive, there is no other course of action but to press on. You've been caught in an unseen orbit, around a power you cannot possibly fathom."

Everlasting - Gradivus, Amarillo Starlight, Hullbreak, Hyperblink, Matchlight
Previously on Guardian, Triumph, Liberty, and Freedom

And now for something completely different.  I present Doom Fog.  Doom Fog is the psychic manifestation of a troubled teenage psychic girl.  Her therapist recommended she fight crime to build her confidence.    

DF is a bit hard to play because I have no idea which direction she is facing, but I just find the concept so different from everything else.  This is a Cloud path aura, with the Thunderhead aura, Radiation armor and stealth to boot.  Oh, I removed her head to make the character as small as possible.  She is a fire/rad Sentinel and all her powers are black/black of course.  

61363674_CoHDoomFogSmall.png.d9ff1741a703ca0daee7a5f037a62047.png

• Like 15

43 minutes ago, TrashBasher said:

And now for something completely different.  I present Doom Fog.  Doom Fog is the psychic manifestation of a troubled teenage psychic girl.  Her therapist recommended she fight crime to build her confidence.    

DF is a bit hard to play because I have no idea which direction she is facing, but I just find the concept so different from everything else.  This is a Cloud path aura, with the Thunderhead aura, Radiation armor and stealth to boot.  Oh, I removed her head to make the character as small as possible.  She is a fire/rad Sentinel and all her powers are black/black of course.  

61363674_CoHDoomFogSmall.png.d9ff1741a703ca0daee7a5f037a62047.png

I love outside the box thinking with the character creator. Well done!

• Like 3

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Brute I made at the start of the week and is now my quickest level 50 because I've been having so much fun with them - Stuntmaster! Really happy with how this costume turned out, was aiming for a vaguely Silver Age-ish look and then just kind of hit on the idea.

Stuntmaster.png.812ad626443c467f5009a01425e36970.png

In amongst that I also wanted to try my hand at a Golden Age character, but realised I'm terrible at it and so just pretty much wholesale ripped off the Destroyer for a Scrapper character, the Deadly Devil - idea was that he's from a parallel Earth during WW2 and got zapped to present-day Paragon. Unsure if I like the Grin mask or the Bonehead one more and which colour combination to use. Going towards combining them and having Grin with the yellow.

DeadlyDevilBoth.thumb.png.9a65bbaaa488787a34a6ff56ed6f2bca.png

• Like 10

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

On 4/16/2020 at 1:12 AM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Bigger doesn't get played much anymore, and her situation is more if a costume change than a costume proper.... but she was kinda fun for a while. I think these days, some of the novelty has worn off and people aren't as entertained by the shtick. If you want to see some clearer shots, here is the Imgur I used for a Reddit post I made to show off the concept.

I have a character who does this. "Mother Sun" is Dr. Frances Solana, a scientist who developed a formula that, when imbibed, transforms the drinker and imbues them with superpowers. When Dr. Solana drinks she changes from a frumpy, middle-aged, 5-foot-2 woman:

solana01.jpg.4306ba459a2937e1521a76869f4098fd.jpg

into an eight-foot solar power generating warrior (Rad/Fire sentinel):

solana02.jpg.b9fe2b74100d9d907a7043c99e91a5f9.jpg

She now leads a super group called "Solar Angels", comprised of nine other carefully-selected women (the formula doesn't work for everybody) who represent nine planets (Pluto's representative is named "Notta Planet"). The formula has a similar growth effect on "Fille de Jupiter" (she's French), but has a shrinking effect on "Girl Mercury" and "Notta Planet". There are also two "auxiliary members", "Haley Komet" and "Lunagetic" who also benefit from the formula, but due to previous obligations are only available on an emergency basis.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 6