Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Please meet Tessa Drake.

Her job is to screen all those who want to enter Spider City. She has one talent, she always knows when someone lies. She doesn't know the truth, only that the statement was a lie. Recently a thing happened to her and her life turned upside down so she's been doing a bit of adjusting.

Tessa.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Midnight Thorn, Overlord of Ivory Tower.  (Everlasting)

On 4/25/2020 at 5:35 AM, Mystic Fortune said:

New toon for a side project my SG started.

Wielder of the Nevermelting Ice and Eternal Flame

Demigod3.PNG.19a602e551c4001ecc1d897c760bb613.PNGDemigod4.PNG.945f2edf90047406d1b7c7127dde0da7.PNG

newtoon3.thumb.PNG.0f566f830352031c33a681c851a8ab2a.PNGnewtoon5.thumb.PNG.8e2cef31e395046f5849a931d6bd9e12.PNG

How do you make your skin like that (white)? I have been looking to create a plasma based costume for my hero like Doctor Manhattan. 

2 hours ago, DarkWing said:

How do you make your skin like that (white)? I have been looking to create a plasma based costume for my hero like Doctor Manhattan. 

Spectrum pattern. You can do other colors than straight white, too. Play around with it!

• Thanks 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

While we're talking about Spectrum costumes, here's my new favorite villain to play: Desecration (Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster)!
Desecration.jpg.1504f3320d9feb32244b45793f29f900.jpg

A Seraph bound by infernal chains and magic, Desecration is now a key pawn in a campaign to usurp the throne of hell. The dark influence of Desecration's new master has started to spoil his celestial energy, which I used the pulsing aura of the Fire and Ice leggings to depict. I wish I could get the white to be a closer match but I've been able to handwave the discrepancy as Desecration's energy starting to solidify. By far my favorite part of the costume though is the devilish muzzle used to desecrate the holy figure:

Desecration_HS.jpg.2c5e69ce12bee3aafd306eb67d1caae5.jpg

• Like 8

So this will be my first post here I guess, hope I impress.

Dissonant.thumb.PNG.98eb3f828a8b75bec2bb66bf39b60392.PNG

This is my Thugs/Time MM named Dissonant Melody, I was inspired by an Infested Seer and Infested Resistance characters I saw to make this Infested Awakened/horror themed character. Here is the text in Dissonant Melody's bio, albeit expanded upon a bit because screw the in-game word count.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arachnos Voice Call 6799#: ''Be advised, all operatives must not listen to the chaotic hymn playing over the Seer Network. An anomalous psionic presence has recently appeared in the Rogue Isles after Praetoria was destroyed. Do not listen to her song or you may be subverted. Villian is identified as an unusual Awakened that has been partially converted to Hamidon crystal. Her psychic aura is a strange melody.'' 

Arachnos Voice Call 6800#: ''The new villain codenamed Dissonant Melody for her unusual psionics has been reported to be controlling local gangs, lower level Arachnos members, and other villains. Do not engage Dissonant Melody, repeat do not engage her. My base is being attacked by her minions, some of which are Arachnos Teams we sent after her. She is mindcontrolling everyone we are sending after her, even the Fortunata Seers! We are holding them back but causalities are high!

An explosion sounds in the background ''Shit! There is a breach! Stop them-!'' The rest of the call is just frantic gunfire, mace blasts, psychic blasts, explosions, and screaming. Dissonant Melody will be reclassified as an a A-Class villain and- wait...what is that melody?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So some information on her that I cannot include directly in her bio. Dissonant Melody has two angry hiveminds in her head, the Awakened Hivemind whom are of course angry at everything for the horrors they suffered and Prae Hamidon's own sort of Hivemind. Of course these two controlling forces do not get along and poor Dissonant's actual personality is caught in the middle. If Dissonant herself hears the melody that means one of the hiveminds is about to control her, thusly meaning things are about to get very bad for Arachnos or anyone whom draws her ire (mostly Arachnos though because even her original personality hates how similar the Fortunata seers are to Praetorian Seers). Her psychic powers manifested as a constant psychic song that can control people within a certain distance of her (inspired by how you can hear these odd little songs when you are near Seers and Awakened). The Fortunata Seer Network as a whole can oust her out as can some powerful psychics but if she is on a rampage and small amounts Fortunatas and Banes in the wild get in the way they will be controlled by her much like how other Awakened can control Praetorian Seers. She is somewhat aware of her actions when she is lucid and one of the hiveminds is not attempting to control her to cause chaos. Her original personality is more tired, angry, and extremely shy. Do not mention Mother Mayhem near her.

I hope it's good character concept. I thought Thugs/Time mastermind MM would fit her best as Farsight's animation and sound effects could easily be waved as a psychic song and it isn't as hard to play in the early levels for me as Thugs/Cold is despite that power combo probably fitting the concept a little bit better. I wanted to go for a tragic horror villain which the Awakened easily fit the bill of and just went up from there.

Edited by Sleepymoth
  • Like 7

I'll hop on the Spectrum costume bandwagon. This is Ceramic, my Bio/Stone Tanker. (I didn't turn on the damage aura or adaptations here - those are all white to represent pottery dust).

image.png.262492a3f42ee0a6bf86bfede1420082.png

• Like 10

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

9 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

@Jawbreaker Love the white and gold outfit on Lightwave! You should stick to that color scheme, IMHO.

@Sparrows Desecration (great name, by the way!) looks absolutely terrifying, I love that IDF helmet/jawbone/devil horns combo you cooked up for the muzzle!

I do like that color scheme too!

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

5 hours ago, Sleepymoth said:

So this will be my first post here I guess, hope I impress.

Dissonant.thumb.PNG.98eb3f828a8b75bec2bb66bf39b60392.PNG

This is my Thugs/Time MM named Dissonant Melody, I was inspired by an Infested Seer and Infested Resistance characters I saw to make this Infested Awakened/horror themed character. Here is the text in Dissonant Melody's bio, albeit expanded upon a bit because screw the in-game word count.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arachnos Voice Call 6799#: ''Be advised, all operatives must not listen to the chaotic hymn playing over the Seer Network. An anomalous psionic presence has recently appeared in the Rogue Isles after Praetoria was destroyed. Do not listen to her song or you may be subverted. Villian is identified as an unusual Awakened that has been partially converted to Hamidon crystal. Her psychic aura is a strange melody.'' 

Arachnos Voice Call 6800#: ''The new villain codenamed Dissonant Melody for her unusual psionics has been reported to be controlling local gangs, lower level Arachnos members, and other villains. Do not engage Dissonant Melody, repeat do not engage her. My base is being attacked by her minions, some of which are Arachnos Teams we sent after her. She is mindcontrolling everyone we are sending after her, even the Fortunata Seers! We are holding them back but causalities are high!

An explosion sounds in the background ''Shit! There is a breach! Stop them-!'' The rest of the call is just frantic gunfire, mace blasts, psychic blasts, explosions, and screaming. Dissonant Melody will be reclassified as an a A-Class villain and- wait...what is that melody?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So some information on her that I cannot include directly in her bio. Dissonant Melody has two angry hiveminds in her head, the Awakened Hivemind whom are of course angry at everything for the horrors they suffered and Prae Hamidon's own sort of Hivemind. Of course these two controlling forces do not get along and poor Dissonant's actual personality is caught in the middle. If Dissonant herself hears the melody that means one of the hiveminds is about to control her, thusly meaning things are about to get very bad for Arachnos or anyone whom draws her ire (mostly Arachnos though because even her original personality hates how similar the Fortunata seers are to Praetorian Seers). Her psychic powers manifested as a constant psychic song that can control people within a certain distance of her (inspired by how you can hear these odd little songs when you are near Seers and Awakened). The Fortunata Seer Network as a whole can oust her out as can some powerful psychics but if she is on a rampage and small amounts Fortunatas and Banes in the wild get in the way they will be controlled by her much like how other Awakened can control Praetorian Seers. She is somewhat aware of her actions when she is lucid and one of the hiveminds is not attempting to control her to cause chaos. Her original personality is more tired, angry, and extremely shy. Do not mention Mother Mayhem near her.

I hope it's good character concept. I thought Thugs/Time mastermind MM would fit her best as Farsight's animation and sound effects could easily be waved as a psychic song and it isn't as hard to play in the early levels for me as Thugs/Cold is despite that power combo probably fitting the concept a little bit better. I wanted to go for a tragic horror villain which the Awakened easily fit the bill of and just went up from there.

I dig that backstory, it really helps you "feel" the costume

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Here's my characters:

Hrothgan

OLFGr0T.png

Once a respected Chief of an ancient barbaric clan, Hrothgan was thought by his people to be the son of gods, due to his superhuman abilities. After proving difficult to defeat on the battlefield due to his superhuman strength and invulnerability, his ship was raided by a rival clan during a sea battle upon icy waters and he was knocked overboard into the freezing depths below. After being frozen under the ice for thousands of years, Hrothgan was pulled to the surface by an arctic research expedition where he was thawed out. Hrothgan escaped the research vessel, mistakenly thinking  he'd been captured by his enemies. He now roams the strange new world of the future, protecting his newly adopted people of Paragon City.

North East Beast

8eqcCcH.png

There had always been something strange about the woods that backed onto Troy Richardson's house, but that night he thought he'd heard it. He opened his back gate to see if he could get a glimpse of what everyone had been talking about. But as the gate creaked open, he caught that glimpse he so craved, as it leapt with menace over his wall, jaws open, ready for a chunk of it's prey's flesh... Troy awoke, with pain searing through his arm he knew he'd been attacked by the rabid beast, as he inspected his injuries, he noticed the gleaming paws he'd once called a hand.  Rumour now spreads the criminal underworld that there's a new crime fighter in town. The North East Beast is alive, and it strikes from the shadows.

Mechasonic Angel

DKzudmn.png

Henry Tudor-Smith III owns of the largest Tech firms in Paragon City. Having been frustrated with rising crime rates and with crime agencies struggling to keep criminals off the streets, Henry decided to take matters into his own hands and tasked his company with creating an innovative crime fighting tool. Combining the latest flight and sonic technology into a wearable suit, Henry now takes to the streets of Paragon City as Mechasonic Angel.

British Steel

nPdCaR4.png

No bio for this one yet!

Edited by Hrothgan
  • Like 6

Noctis Umbra, Champion of Nyx

Dark/Dark/Cold controller

~~~~

Before there was day or night, before even Chaos was born there was the Primordial Dark. In this darkness dwelled the goddess Nyx. Oldest of all deities. She had watched the events of this day with curiosity.

This Romulus had wielded powers drawn from a well similar to her own, but twisted to sinister ends by these people of other worlds and other times. It pained her to see darkness so turned to pain and suffering. Mortals, of course, suffered. That was their lot, but this was an insult to the darkness that was her very soul and essence to be so twisted and ... USED.

Never again.

She would create a champion to see it was so.

There.

That soldier lying near death. His dark hair suited her fancy.

"Arise mortal child. I have work for you."

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 16

Sun Centurion, Champion of Helios

Fire/Rad Tanker

~~~~

Forged by Hephaestus, the magic Armor of Helios grants it's wearer the supreme power of a star! Unbeknownst to the warrior who donned it all those years ago, the transformation into this shining beacon carries with it more responsibility than it may seem...

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 12