Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

My favorites so far...

Chronic Pain & Empirical are healers, pretty fun to play in PvP.

Riot Control, Hazardeath, and Fire Guard are farmers that I love playing (though Riot is no longer in the rotation).

Pomerium is a character I keep in Cimerora to play through that content or rerun Imperious.

Glacier Peak is my main and badge collecting character. 

1746232261_CharacterCollage.thumb.jpg.d616972594b301a03ab375c295238167.jpg

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 6/4/2020 at 6:17 AM, Damoklese said:

Left to right on top:

Aeonclad - Time/Beam Rifle defender

Forgefather - Dark/Claws tank

Wetsuit - Water/Poison Corruptor

Left to right on bottom:

Hell Crown - Fire/Time Controller

Bloodstream - Water/Regen Sentinel

Master Druid - Plant/Dark Controller

FavoriteCostumes.png

Forgefather may be the best concept use of the Celestial Aura that I've seen, outside of its original costume use.  I really get the sense of some sort of heat venting from his equipment.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Techwright said:

Forgefather may be the best concept use of the Celestial Aura that I've seen, outside of its original costume use.  I really get the sense of some sort of heat venting from his equipment.

I agree with you , the smoke aura could be used too I think but this Celestial Aura fit perfectly

• Like 2

Global: @Agent Archer

1 hour ago, Techwright said:

50 minutes ago, Agent Archer said:

I agree with you , the smoke aura could be used too I think but this Celestial Aura fit perfectly

I actually use the Celestial Aura (Body - Combat) colored pure white on my Peacebringer (who I have in white armor) so it looks like her Kheldian power is manifesting above and beyond the use of her powers in Human form.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

10 hours ago, Techwright said:

Thank you!  I actually went through almost every aura testing each one to find the one that best conveyed heat and ventilation.   Celestial came out the best I think, though there were a couple others that also did a fairly good job.  Originally I only had it coming from his hands..which looks a bit cleaner, but it is also less noticeable.  I eventually put it to come from the shoulders as well because it just looks cooler(hotter) 😄

• Like 1

So Overstrike was my main villain back on Live, a bots/traps mastermind.   I've definitely made some updates to the looks (here's the old Virtueverse page for a brief comparison) but also took advantage of the costume slots to have level-appropriate wear.  Since she hit 40 this weekend it seemed a good time to put this post together.

Also how much the same face can look different messing around with mask, goggle, and makeup options.

Overstrike out of the Zig

When you're fresh out of the Zig with salvaged equipment and told to go kill some Snakes, you make do with stuff that is tough wearing and stain resistant over fashion.  The green is, sadly, an attempt to spice up looks but you really can't trust labels on the Isles.

675730181_Overstriketeens.jpg.555c02132358501ea56389e2b4440c08.jpg

Establishing a small name as more than just a small-time thug, piecemeal acquisition of better equipment has led to the base of the later aesthetic.

1640877615_Overstriketwenties.jpg.10aade8f9a61242d12154debf9184904.jpg

And Overstrike finally takes stock and starts working on tech synergy and branding a bit.  A proper battlesuit!  It's a bit bulky and also Overstrike finally found some better hair dye.

1032401739_Overstrikethirties.jpg.4b98348063eaa2274a285b6c990a8de6.jpg

A slimmer, more cohesive model with a more tech way of keeping a cape aesthetic with less snagging and gloves that are easier to type in.  Man it looks good in the design stage but Arachnos keyboard designs are enough pain without having to hunt-and-peck.

226858715_Overstrikehighlevel.jpg.8876d6281e278d2fe3c7e1a4f649128a.jpg

Easy access to Vanguard tech and dabbling with secrets culled from world-shaking threats allows the utter tech smugness of completely thrusterless flight.  The wings are more radiators than stabilizers but when you've made Arachnos blink, no one laughs if you go to the trouble of making them flap.

1782330738_Overstrikeincarnate.jpg.3c38d07b5cdf80313ae106500504cd59.jpg

The power of the incarnates can be subtle, but when bringing your A-game against dark Gods and psychotic demigods, you might as well let all that power tweak your looks.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I created another character that I am not sure what she would be. I am leaning towards a non granite tanker with gem armor.

OE4rRzf.png

Really striking!  How about stone melee (use the geode models) and radiation armor?  Kind of seems appropriate...  Cheers!

I played CoH before they introduced CoV. I played a long time ago. You used to have to get to level 20 to go on a "cape mission" to earn a cape. I had done that with my first iteration of Brother Mercy (the guy in the faceless mask), earned my cape, and never got a chance to play again.

Fast forward to a handful of years ago, rediscovered it when it was free to play, managed to make a couple toons, level them okay, then it went away. Again.

So now it's back (thank you all for making this possible), I've started back up again, trying to recreate some of my favorite characters (and a new one here and there). Bear-Wolf seems to be my current fave with Felix Valentin, Gentleman Adventurer close behind. They also happen to be my favorite looking characters (and in the same order) in the game. All are based on comic book and/or short story characters I created, even have a couple books for sale on Amazon if anyone is interested.

Bear-Wolf

Bear-Wolf.png

Brother Mercy

Brother Mercy.png

Dragon-Wolf

Dragon-Wolf.png

Felix Valentine

Felix Valentine.png

Hell Scorn (my current only villain)

Hell Scorn.png

Lady Hazard

Lady Hazard.png

Edited by BearWolfJester
  • Like 4

Gave the ole energy/kin a new look:

Iron-Gold.thumb.JPG.69559519c34bdf56f1c59f1c0aa48328.JPG

Tip: After uploading a picture, we can resize it by double clicking on the image.

• Like 7

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I like seeing more animal faces in the thread. This is Kazar

Kazar.thumb.JPG.cc8218fe373bea509fdbc71f301e48ec.JPG

• Like 4

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Sitting at level 48, on her way to becoming my next level 50, is Teardrops! She's a petite goth fairy who also happens to be a SS/Inv brute. She is also the only one of my current 95 alts who doesn't have a signature color scheme. She has a wardrobe, and wears what suits her mood.

tear01.jpg.d85d7085a01fc8f77724deaab886ea8e.jpgtear02.jpg.66b8d80bbb801a6355baf7d0ceec2b97.jpg

tear03.jpg.a72acfd0fada47ded7434bf30a245a1a.jpgtear04.jpg.65741a4af90e3966fdd32ba552187e29.jpg

tear05.jpg.9e828ff8908ad021f664452a04356dad.jpgtear06.jpg.396e21b001c83544b313dca154b9c538.jpg

tear07.jpg.2ce129791b128747ec1dd54ade55cde9.jpgtear08.jpg.0fbb6d650d6b218e59b9ff0359e63dac.jpg

tear09.jpg.5269acc601f3698e626f8a793eb541d1.jpg

Hmm, I see I need to fix her skin color on a couple of those. She should be chalky white in all of them.

Edited by RikOz
Converted PNG to JPG
  • Like 3