ChanelNo2

Post your best costume designs here!

On 6/22/2020 at 8:13 AM, Jono265 said:

Cosmo Rocket!
Spacecar Racer by day, crime fighter by the same day!
(DP/Martial Blaster)

521881242_ScreenShot2020-06-22at1_08_54PM.png.2f818b88d20a177c09f8a31b30598c97.png

Though I'm not a fan of garish colors, at least all over (certain key spots like the power rings are more my style), I do dig the overall look of the character.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did some tweaking on one of my older heroes and figured I'd share - meet my Elec/Dark troller, Borealis! I just wish screenshots did more justice to her - the constantly shifting colours in her wings especially.

image.thumb.png.93e66868aefd84644fc282f65035ae20.png

• Like 3

@Cutter everywhere

Tanks: Electric Daisy Elec/Staff | CryoForge Fire/Ice | Armoogeddon Rad/Fire | Misadventure Shield/Elec

Not Tanks: Splash Damage Water/Regen Sentinel

Alts: Too many

So the plan was to change her outfit to "angrier" whenever she gets defeated (which is surprisingly quite often), and "happier" whenever she levels up. I think I went overboard, I don't even have enough costume slots for her, at least now she has something to wear if she goes Villain. (The original default is #3.)

422087743_1to8.thumb.jpg.876d742b772951b422d60328165e5773.jpg

Same idea for my Red, except it's bigger whenever she levels up, and smaller whenever she's defeated.

1-6.thumb.jpg.c848984360d726c145e7f96e47a99d7b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Oginth said:

So the plan was to change her outfit to "angrier" whenever she gets defeated (which is surprisingly quite often), and "happier" whenever she levels up. I think I went overboard, I don't even have enough costume slots for her, at least now she has something to wear if she goes Villain. (The original default is #3.)

Same idea for my Red, except it's bigger whenever she levels up, and smaller whenever she's defeated.

As someone who doesn't like spikes or excessive detail as a rule, I gotta say that this is very creative and well done!

9 hours ago, Oginth said:

422087743_1to8.thumb.jpg.876d742b772951b422d60328165e5773.jpg

1-6.thumb.jpg.c848984360d726c145e7f96e47a99d7b.jpg

I'm always impressed when someone has multiple outfits for a character. Mine get a single costume and they have to like it. Some of them even share costumes because I like them and multiple concepts fit. As far as I'm concerned you've just posted 15 characters ... at least!

I love the idea you've got here. Inspired by world tendancy in demons/dark souls?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:46 PM, Techwright said:

Though I'm not a fan of garish colors, at least all over (certain key spots like the power rings are more my style), I do dig the overall look of the character.

Yea, I went garish for the retro look, and conceptually he's like a space Nascar driver so it fits haha.

Maybe I'll give him a gritty reboot costume at some point with some class 😂

• Like 1

Introducing the Neon Dragon, corporate assassin and Syndicate renegade working his way up the Loyalist food chain. (DP/Martial)

neondragon.PNG.4bc5647da8df57cc5d86fae4de5f7cda.PNGneondragon1.PNG.484610479803ed7d1ce5957505ac24e7.PNG

neondragon2.PNG.b1016b51b6de999208516bb984eaa805.PNG

• Like 13

On 6/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, Heraclea said:

I like finding off-label uses for costume parts.  Yodeling Berserker's trachten are a set of variations on a theme.yodeling.JPG.19f363e13554e49ac8bfff553d18506e.JPG

Ah yes, nothing like making fun of a culture in the morning, Stereotype extravaganza !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CrusaderK said:

Ah yes, nothing like making fun of a culture in the morning, Stereotype extravaganza !

A folk costume expresses an identity through costume, which is usually associated with a geographic area or a period of time in history. It can also indicate social, marital or religious status.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:31 AM, Virtual Green said:

Introducing the Neon Dragon, corporate assassin and Syndicate renegade working his way up the Loyalist food chain. (DP/Martial)

neondragon.PNG.4bc5647da8df57cc5d86fae4de5f7cda.PNGneondragon1.PNG.484610479803ed7d1ce5957505ac24e7.PNG

Oh, I like this look and concept! Saaay, you don't happen to be on Everlasting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This look was inspired by a very fashion forward tailor.

They won't be born for another 100 years or so, but you'll all be grateful when they are.

...that is, of course, if you manage to live through Derek's Disaster!

image.thumb.png.e91875ca6fe41931125a672eb886615f.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Mender Silos

Leader of Ouroboros

July Event Info: Derek's Disaster!

That looks iconic as hell, @biostem!

Nothing original to propose on my end, but I did make some slight changes to my Beam/Traps gadgeteer, Mr. Mechanic. Asymetric shoulder options can't come soon enough!

mrmechanic.PNG.38acf9f0ccc482105cbf3adad2310016.PNG

mrmechanic01.PNG.dbe215e18936e4df3119bd91cb3cfef0.PNG 

mrmechanic0.PNG.e9758d0e6f8a4f5906b55f7dfeb8f72a.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Virtual Green said:

Asymetric shoulder options can't come soon enough!

Resistance shoulders can already be done with asymmetric as an option ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Resistance shoulders can already be done with asymmetric as an option ...

That much is true, but unfortunately, only the right shoulder can be equiped.. Hence why I can't wait for the HC team to find a way for us to have every shoulder piece asymetrical!

3 hours ago, Oginth said:

Peaceful Penelope

733608275_Screenshot2020-07-0111_34_31.thumb.png.6199d4768b193703aed3eba76b3228fe.png

I really love this design!  I took it as inspiration, and came up with a slightly more colorful one for "Strike-through":

strike-through1.png

strike-through4.png

strike-through3.png

strike-through.costume

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's nice to see some very cool looking Super Hero costumes . 😀

It's a shame costume competitions are some gimmicky nowadays as most of these would all be potential winners in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Carandiru said:

too nice, less the boots(no combine)

Yeah... I wanted something a bit more protective than just sandals, and I thought the Roman armor was too "expected", if that makes any sense.  Cheers!

Posted (edited)

The Great Server-pocalypse of July 2020 is upon us, and while I wait, lurking in the forums, I figured "Why not?", so I've dug deep into my character shots from the game of yore to produce two that might be at least mildly interesting:

Lumineon, originally  dubbed Neon Knight during development, was an early attempt to create a neon look, both in costume and in power colorization, without actually having neon elements to costumes (At the time, that is.  That has since changed for some costumes).   As a kinetic melee, each of his powers were given individual colors, chosen to give off a neon-like glow.  He looked pretty good in the tunnels under Praetoria, though I did always hate the pipes sticking out the back of the shoulder pieces.

Lumineon3.jpg

The second shot was the original look of my Vincent Poe, a dark/dark range striker.  I don't show him for his costume, which is pretty standard, but his face.  Nowadays, he's a corruptor, and was retconned to a bit of a teenage techno-goth look.  But originally, I was making a concerted effort to give him two costume looks:  Edgar Allen Poe, and Vincent Price.  Sadly, though I worked hours with it, I could never get the costume creator to deliver a believable Poe, but spending a lot of time fine-tuning the face sliders, I was able to get a passable Vincent Price.  

VincentPoe.jpg

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 12